First impressive Jaylon video

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
He wouldn’t be the first player to severely underestimate the impact an injury will have on his ability to play.

Let’s face it, he’s not played a down in the NFL and frankly show me the man who’s played at a high level with a brace like Smith has to wear.

I do hope he’s back to fully health and is everything we hoped he’d be, but let’s see him actually do it before proclaiming him to be the next great Cowboy LB’er.
Oh I'm not saying he'll be an all pro. I went back and checked to be sure. Nope. Never crowned him.

I'm saying I think he'll be able able to play to his talent.

Hopefully we haven't overestimated his talent. Like so many can't miss prospects the NFL has miscast over the years.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
Still looks like hes dragging that foot some. Hope he gets to 100%
yep, it's subtle but you can still see it if you're looking for it... light years better than it was a few months ago though

this dude is gonna beast next season, gut feeling..

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
He wouldn’t be the first player to severely underestimate the impact an injury will have on his ability to play.

Let’s face it, he’s not played a down in the NFL and frankly show me the man who’s played at a high level with a brace like Smith has to wear.

I do hope he’s back to fully health and is everything we hoped he’d be, but let’s see him actually do it before proclaiming him to be the next great Cowboy LB’er.

I think it was Bryan Broaddus who said, there is a player who is playing today with the same brace at a high level. Of course he didnt go into detail, but I'm sure even with a brace Jaylon would be an improvement...

IrishAnto

Reaction score
Oh I'm not saying he'll be an all pro. I went back and checked to be sure. Nope. Never crowned him.

I'm saying I think he'll be able able to play to his talent.

Hopefully we haven't overestimated his talent. Like so many can't miss prospects the NFL has miscast over the years.

I wasn't trying to say you specifically crowned him, but there are plenty here who have.

It's more to your point about his confidence in being 100% healthy.

Frankly as far as I can tell nobody knows for sure yet how healthy he’ll end up being and while he may look good in a video all on his own, it’s a different matter when there are 21 other guys flying around at the same time.

I addition he’s never played in the NFL with or without a brace and unless he can play without it, I can’t see him being all the effective after all it’s hard enough when you have full use of all your limbs, never mind only full use of one leg.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
I think it was Bryan Broaddus who said, there is a player who is playing today with the same brace at a high level. Of course he didnt go into detail, but I'm sure even with a brace Jaylon would be an improvement...

I'd like to know how that is then.

I've not heard of anyone else playing in the NFL and been effective.

raichledog

Reaction score
I still think he's overrated on here a little bit but I hope he's 100 percent soon to prove me wrong

I don't know if he is overrated or underrated but he looks amazing. I remember watching him at Notre Dame and thinking that I had never seen a player like him in my life. He was just in on every single play, blowing up runs and defending the pass. He looked like a faster version of Derrick Brooks back in his Tampa Bay days. I don't know if he will turn out to be the player that Brooks was, but I think that's the type of player he can be.

The amazing thing to me is that he looks like he has put on 15-20 pounds since then and doesn't look like he has slowed down despite the injury. (I conceded the fact that these are drills not game situations but still, he is lightening!)

Oh, and how about the hands!

IrishAnto

Reaction score
Slow your roll. LT one of the the five greatest to ever step on the field. Dominated games for years. Maybe we could see Jaylon actually play first.
The anointing oil is flowing.

At this rate Jaylon might drown before ever seeing the field.