Twitter: First six QBs the Cowboys will face

ghst187

Reaction score
people are vastly overrating WAS. Yeah they have a very good pass rush but what else? They aren't great against the run and the pass rushers are still very young. They got rid of their one vet they had there in Kerrigan. Their QB situation and OL just stinks. I don't see any way we lose less than 11 games, even with the 0-2 start.

I think they have a pretty good coach, much better than ours and I think that Fitz, while prone to masterful or disastrous performances, will be a big upgrade over what they played with last season. I think they are going to be hard to score on, esp if they can do some ball control on offense, which they couldn’t last year. They gave Tampa a bit of a tough outing in the playoffs and had they something better than their fourth string QB…curious how much closer it might’ve been. I don’t think we’re good enough to sleep on anyone.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Starting off slow every game, turnovers, lack of turnovers will do that.

fumbling the ball early and often combined with a bad defense against great offenses is a recipe getting behind early.

However, despite the offensive turnovers, the Cowboys win all those games if the defense holds just a few more times each game. Cowboys were in position to win all those games in the 4th quarter.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I’m a Prescott fan, but I don’t think he’ll ever outplay Brady. Very few QBs in history could. With a much better defense right now than we have, on his side, too.

Herbert looks like the next Mahomes.

I think we’ll go 4-2 down that stretch. 5-1 with a win over the Chargers.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Herbert is easily the best in that bunch.

Better than Brady. Coincidentally with Herbert, he wasnt good in the 4th quarter which is why they didnt win more games.

And what about the rest of the team? Coaching, running the ball, defense, ect....ect.... Does any of that matter in football?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Starting off slow every game, turnovers, lack of turnovers will do that.

Always be an issue........remember MM saying what his team goal was before last season, score early and fast. Then turn the game over to his Dline. I'm assuming this is still the case, or I hope so at least.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
fumbling the ball early and often combined with a bad defense against great offenses is a recipe getting behind early.

However, despite the offensive turnovers, the Cowboys win all those games if the defense holds just a few more times each game. Cowboys were in position to win all those games in the 4th quarter.
They do. But the defense could also say if the offense started off faster than they couldv'e won all those games.....

My point is, I don't expect the offense to score every play and I don't expect the defense to get stops all game. They both need to help each other out.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I’m a Prescott fan, but I don’t think he’ll ever outplay Brady. Very few QBs in history could. With a much better defense right now than we have, on his side, too.

Herbert looks like the next Mahomes.

I think we’ll go 4-2 down that stretch. 5-1 with a win over the Chargers.

Brady doenst play Dak he plays our defense. Dak doesnt play Brady he plays their defense.

Who do you think has the harder task this weekend. Dak or Brady?

4-2 would be my guess.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
They do. But the defense could also say if the offense started off faster than they couldv'e won all those games.....

My point is, I don't expect the offense to score every play and I don't expect the defense to get stops all game. They both need to help each other out.

Despite the turnovers the offense averaged 37 points per game the first 4. They did their job. Defense gave up over 40. They didnt do theirs. You can mumble about helping each other all you want, thats the bottom line.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

What you said doesn't fit Roy's agenda. He wants to put 100% of the blame on the defense when that clearly wasn't the sole reason for the 1-3 record before Dak went down.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Always be an issue........remember MM saying what his team goal was before last season, score early and fast. Then turn the game over to his Dline. I'm assuming this is still the case, or I hope so at least.
I hope they do a better job of executing it because its probably a winning formula.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Midseason form by the 3rd quarter of his 1st game in 11 months? And virtually no practice throughout the entirety of training camp?

:lmao::laugh::lmao::lmao2::lmao::laugh::lmao2::laugh::lmao2::lmao2::laugh::laugh:

So brave betting on rust against the Bucs.:thumbup:

I agree he will look rusty, but would you be so confident if we were playing the Giants first game?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Despite the turnovers the offense averaged 37 points per game the first 4. They did their job. Defense gave up over 40. They didnt do theirs. You can mumble about helping each other all you want, thats the bottom line.

And you don't think turning the football over and giving the opposing team extra possession helped in them giving up 40 points? Jesus man open your eyes....this is coming from the sites "Dak apologist". Dak has to play better.

The objective for this team is they want to control the clock and play turnover free football. You want them to put up 40 points a game while coughing up the football. What you are wanting is not only not winning football but its not even realistic.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
What you said doesn't fit Roy's agenda. He wants to put 100% of the blame on the defense when that clearly wasn't the sole reason for the 1-3 record before Dak went down.

If Dak plays poorly I have no problem saying so. As far as the #1 reason we went 1-3, it was the defense. But this is football and its never just one thing. Offense played a part as well.

Ironically all I hear you do is blame Dak. Never heard you even fault the defense once. Heck you have never said a peep about Zeke and he fumbled 5 times in 5 games did he not? Averaged 2.7 ypc in the first quarter of those games.

Seems like when the truth comes out, I am capable of doing what you cant. The guy here with the agenda is you.

Dak prescott is one of the LAST guys on the team you could EVER blame for the 1-3 start. How do you blame a guy throwing for 380 yards per game and keeping his team in the football game every week. But according to you, he is the biggest reason. Is that not correct?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Naw it wasn't. As one of Dak's biggest fans he took part in that. He can't fumble like that to start games off. Just can't. Its not winning football.

I think the good news is ball security has been a strength of his game. So yes, the issue of turnovers the first few games last year was on him but more an exception than the rule. Don't expect that to be an issue at all going forward.