Video: First Things First-Would the Cowboys be making a huge mistake making Dak one of the highest paid QBs

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
What

You have zero understanding of the term “market value”. The pay of QBs like Brees and Ben are not at current market value - they are under paid as market conditions exist today. Dak’s pay will not reflect that he has more value than others under older contracts - thinking the massive flaw in your thinking. It’s nonsensical for you to think that the market is tied only to the salaries of the best p,Ayers, even if their contracts are 3-4 years old.
What part of just because Dak is getting paid in 2019 does not mean he has to help reset the top of the QB market don't you understand?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What part of just because Dak is getting paid in 2019 does not mean he has to help reset the top of the QB market don't you understand?

He wouldn’t be resetting anything. Again, he isn’t setting the market for Rodgers and Roethlesberger and others at that level. Those guys will blow past Dak when it’s their turn. And he won’t get what Russell Wilson got. He’s living within the market previously set by Garapollo and Cousins.

Let me put it a way you might understand more. Let’s say your neighbor sold his house 3 years ago for $200,000. He has a bigger house with better features than your house, but you are selling yours now and your agent tells you in today’s market you can get $250,000 for your house. Are you going to feel compelled to sell for $175,000 because your neighbors better house sold for $200,000 3 years ago, or are you going to sell for the current market value of $250,000?

Or what about a car? Are you going to refuse to buy the car you want and can afford now because better cars cost less 3 years ago?

Last edited:

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
Yet that clown Wentz is praised so much on here and has accomplished zero. And then the lord and savior Romo and Witten, which accomplished zero. People pick and choose who they want to support based on their agendas.
Tf does Romo and Witten have to do with anything? Guy talks about people having agendas, then proceeds to spew his agenda. Its people like you who are the problem. lmao terrible.

Sonny Koufax

Reaction score
He wouldn’t be resetting anything. Again, he isn’t setting the market for Rodgers and Roethlesberger and others at that level. Those guys will blow past Dak when it’s their turn. And he won’t get what Russell Wilson got. He’s living within the market previously set by Garapollo and Cousins.

Let me put it a way you might understand more. Let’s say your neighbor sold his house 3 years ago for $200,000. He has a bigger house with better features than your house, but you are selling yours now and your agent tells you in today’s market you can get $250,000 for your house. Are you going to feel compelled to sell for $175,000 because your neighbors better house sold for $200,000 3 years ago, or are you going to sell for the current market value of $250,000?

Or what about a car? Are you going to refuse to buy the car you want and can afford now because better cars cost less 3 years ago?
I don’t understand why people don’t understand this. This market dictates the price.
I wish all our players would take less so we could sign others in FA, but I don’t want to take less at work why should they?
And say what you will, but Dak’s stats are better than Goff and Wentz and he’s gonna get better.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score

You realize I work for the most prominent investment bank in the world? And have for nearly a decade. I say this so you stop embarrassing yourself and talking like a child.

Dak at 28MM or whatever the number you select is helping to reset the market. One contract alone never resets a market. One deal never resets a market.

I want Dak to sign according to his skill and play. Not because he's been on good Cowboys teams that have won a lot of games. And finally I'm not talking about contracts from 3 years ago. Cousins signed the first fully guaranteed contract last year. Alex Smith got a contract extension last year. Both are better qbs and/or have a longer track record of success relative to Dak. He'll get more.... Well just because. That is what I have issue with.

Take your rudimentary examples, that aren't relevant And try again.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I don’t understand why people don’t understand this. This market dictates the price.
I wish all our players would take less so we could sign others in FA, but I don’t want to take less at work why should they?
And say what you will, but Dak’s stats are better than Goff and Wentz and he’s gonna get better.
This is just a really weird way to think of things. Randall Cobb signed a free agent deal in 2019. He didn't get top money just because he signed in 2019. There is an aspect of your performance that plays into it right? Why is the same standard not applies for Dak? Why must he get top money because.. 2019 and because... Well... Ummm... Reasons.

Dak is just a guy. In a great offense that doesn't ask him to do much. Pay him a fair contract based on the qb market and what people who aren't asked to do much get paid.

Nick Foles who arguably has more skins on the wall just signed for 4 years and 88MM.

Why does Dak deserve to get 6 years 150?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You realize I work for the most prominent investment bank in the world? And have for nearly a decade. I say this so you stop embarrassing yourself and talking like a child.

Dak at 28MM or whatever the number you select is helping to reset the market. One contract alone never resets a market. One deal never resets a market.

I want Dak to sign according to his skill and play. Not because he's been on good Cowboys teams that have won a lot of games. And finally I'm not talking about contracts from 3 years ago. Cousins signed the first fully guaranteed contract last year. Alex Smith got a contract extension last year. Both are better qbs and/or have a longer track record of success relative to Dak. He'll get more.... Well just because. That is what I have issue with.

Take your rudimentary examples, that aren't relevant And try again.

No, I don’t realize that, nor do I believe it. Unless you are the night watchman in the building, or maybe work in the mail room. You haven’t shown an ounce of business sense and you have repeatedly shown the concept of “market value” is foreign to you.

And now you are changing your tune and pretending you have been talking about Cousins and Alex Smith? (First you’ve mentioned Alex Smith) instead of the bigger name more successful QBs. I have mentioned Cousins name several times and this is the first time you indicated you have been talking about Cousins as a player Dak shouldn’t pass up in salary. You’re flip flopping on me now, lol.

And you are spewing false information because neither Alex Smith or Cousins have a longer track record of success than Dak. Smith has one season out of 13 seasons where his stats were better than any of Dak’s 3 seasons, his career QB ranking is 9 points lower than Dak’s, he has only reached the 20 TD mark 3 timess in 13 years whereas Dak has done it 3 times in 3 years, and in 13 years he has only one more playoff win than Dak in 3 years. His history other than 1 season out of 13 has been marked by mediocrity at best, and most of his career hasn’t been that good. As for Cousins, he puts up some stats, but has a losing record, has played in fewer playoff games in 7 years than Dak has in 3 years, and he has a lower career QB ranking than Dak (although not by much).

And, by the way, since you are talking about history of success (although inaccurately), please tell me about Garapollo’s history of success prior to signing his $137,500,000 contract ....

Last edited:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
eagles did well, we as a team crap the bed with injuries. they might solve that, they may not, but back up QB has been haunting us for years.
so the eagles had a guy that had a good run off the bench/...... so one team doe sit, and now everyone does it, and it is just the Cowboys that dont have a plan.....lol.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Who cares, it's not OUR $$... pay him what they will. Every one with the DDS needs to chill, I read someplace their making an antidote for that.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who cares, it's not OUR $$... pay him what they will. Every one with the DDS needs to chill, I read someplace their making an antidote for that.

I'm not one who is worried about paying Dak what his market value is, but nobody is worried about it because they are concerned about it costing Jerry money, the worry is about it costing cap space.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
so the eagles had a guy that had a good run off the bench/...... so one team doe sit, and now everyone does it, and it is just the Cowboys that dont have a plan.....lol.

have you seen the depth of our qb corp? does that sound feasable? RB? on a run first team? talented starters but crap the bed with one injury? need i go on. excuse after excuse year in and year out?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
have you seen the depth of our qb corp? does that sound feasable? RB? on a run first team? talented starters but crap the bed with one injury? need i go on. excuse after excuse year in and year out?
excuse?? we were damn healthy last year against the rams, and we just got beat. Wasnt game plan, wasnt coaching, they ran the ball down our throat with a decent RB. Hey, I remember this really good RB we had in the 90s. He held out in 1992 I believe, and he missed the first two games of the season with a team that was loaded in talent, HOFers all over that team. How did the back up RB do on that team? Even though we had the amazing Jimmy Johnson (moment of silence please to take pause at his greatness).... ok, we can reconvene..... uhm, where was I, oh yea, how did we do when we lost that RB at the start of that season? You think we could actually replace a zeke with something even remotely close to him?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
How did the Packers do 2 years ago when Rodgers went down? How about steelers when Big Ben went down? How did the Raiders do 3 years ago when Carr broke his leg?.... need I go on? I may be wrong, but 2 times in the history of the NFL a team won the SB with a back up. It CAN happened,......... but the other 99.999999% of teams that were in the SB hunt that lost their starting qb have watched their seasons go up in flames.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Dak's in a position where paying him or not paying are mistakes of equal magnitude. He's obviously not one of the best QBs, but every year there's a QB who isn't one of the best who gets paid way more than they actually should. He's young and has ability. That's usually enough to earn a payday in the NFL. Dallas can't really afford to not pay him because any improvement at all out of Dak and you'll struggle to find another player who compares. He isn't prolific, but he doesn't kill your team. If he can just increase his production a little bit, he's easily a QB you can build a team around.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
How did the Packers do 2 years ago when Rodgers went down? How about steelers when Big Ben went down? How did the Raiders do 3 years ago when Carr broke his leg?.... need I go on? I may be wrong, but 2 times in the history of the NFL a team won the SB with a back up. It CAN happened,......... but the other 99.999999% of teams that were in the SB hunt that lost their starting qb have watched their seasons go up in flames.

no, our coach clams up and goes into a fetal position. the other teams strive and try to fight. mayybe not all, but even on some bad years the Steelers HC fought some. i dont think hes clearly better thann JG, but one injry and JG craps the bed.