Video: Fish: “Cowboys Talking to KJ Wright”

Ken

Reaction score
This team has a 1st rounder in LVE.

They’re paying Jaylon Smith (2nd round pick) big money.

And they JUST paid Keanu Neal $5 million to play WLB this year.

Are they switching to the 3-4 defense?
They lost their best backup LB and KJ plays all three positions. He isn't going to cost that much to add...afterall...he is still sitting out there.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They lost their best backup LB and KJ plays all three positions. He isn't going to cost that much to add...afterall...he is still sitting out there.

If that’s true, sign me up!

How much was Thomas making?

aria

Reaction score
Wright was rated 8th out of 84th linebackers last year.

McCoy, Poe, Worley and Clinton Dix were all on a downward slide on their careers.
Fantastic! Everson Griffen had 8 sacks and was selected to the Pro Bowl the year before coming to Dallas...we cut him half way through the season.

The Cowboys are where FA’s come to kill their careers.

aria

Reaction score
Which guy was our KJ Wright last year?

False equivalence to compare Wright to Poe or Dix.
Griffen, see post above. The point is every year we fo through this same song and dance and every year the results have been the same.

aria

Reaction score
Apples to grapenuts, Aria. Wright was the only player in the NFL last year w/ both 10 TFL's and 10 PD's. Dude is still balling. SEA is being forced to cut players to appease Wilson. And Wilson knoweth not for what he asketh.
Griffen was balling until he came here.

Ken

Reaction score
If that’s true, sign me up!

How much was Thomas making?
Thomas was on a 1.25 mill contract. We can get KJ for < 3 mill, imo.

I think we need this type of lb. A tough, hard-nosed vet who knows the system inside and out and is reasonably priced.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
We had a 33 year old Sean Lee here last year making $4.5M we probably could have 31 year old KJ for $6Mish, what would you rather do?

You are basically replacing See Lee with KJ.

817Gill

Reaction score
Griffen was balling until he came here.
Well we kinda made it hard for him to ball as he’s never played as a stand up rusher. Goes back to putting his hand in the dirt in Detroit and gets him some sacks.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I think we need this type of lb. A tough, hard-nosed vet who knows the system inside and out and is reasonably priced.

If they can get him for the numbers you mentioned? I’m all in!

:thumbup:

boysfanindc

Reaction score

I would like to see them bring in KJ for not only his play on the field but also the leadership he would bring to the D.

But there is no way you get him for under $3M, he will be closer to $5M/6M

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who really cares, and there's only one "high priced" LB and he should be gone next year anyway

Anybody being rational “cares”. To try to ignore the facts is practicing willful ignorance.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I would like to see them bring in KJ for not only his play on the field but also the leadership he would bring to the D.

At his age, at that position, in this market?

No way.

It makes Jaylon Smiths money look that much more ridiculous.

Ken

Reaction score

We will see...he is still sitting out there....

fivetwos

Reaction score
Broaddus tweet said he is trying to get 2 years so that is probably the hold up so far.
Id give him two years.

Why not? Its insurance if they want to move on from LVE or Smith as well after this year.

Id guess he probably is looking to be paid a high salary. Thats likely more of an issue than two years.

I'll say this though.....if its either/or of Wright and Reed, it's Reed in a landslide for me.

irishline

Reaction score
You don’t use a 1st round pick or pay a guy $5 million to SIT on the bench.

Don’t let your zest for this move override reason.

Taco Charlton started a grand total of 7 out of 32 games his two years here with a cap hit only a million less than LVE. Not saying this will happen with LVE but lets not act like it hasn't before (and recently too).