Video: Fish: “Cowboys Talking to KJ Wright”

Winonesoon

Reaction score
So your answer is to sit our 2018 1st round pick.
No sir, the answer might be reduced snaps to get the best of what he has to offer. The pick has been made. the injuries have presented themselves. What dallas does at this point to save face is the real Question.

Reactions: CWR

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I don't think he comes for much less than $7M a season, probably why he is still sitting out there and Dallas has some pause.

We know he would not play for Seattle for a home down discount, he is on record saying that.

https://www.nfl.com/news/k-j-wright-seahawks-free-agency-hometown-discount

Oh I know it's all relative, and not saying I'd be any different, but spare me the "I have a family to provide for"?
Says the guy who's been paid $45 million dollars to play a game.

Spare me the crying about having to provide for a family...

DRella

Reaction score
No sir, the answer might be reduced snaps to get the best of what he has to offer. The pick has been made. the injuries have presented themselves. What dallas does at this point to save face is the real Question.

As we have seen in past seasons, we had to use Lee and Thomas more than we should have due to injuries to our LB core. Signing Wright is a better player to add to our LB rotation that Lee and Thomas have been the past couple of seasons. He's an upgrade regardless on how Quinn wants to use them.

We wouldnt be benching anyone, we would be reducing snaps to make LBs more impactful during in game situations. Instead of playing Smith and LVE for 30-40 snaps a game you can play them 20-25. Hopefully keeping them fresh and putting them in situations to succeed.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

Best we can hope for is that the surgery took care of a lingering neck problem. Not that that's a great hope, but come on, I bought a Vanderesch jersey a couple of years ago, it's hardly broken in.

:(

DRella

Reaction score
Best we can hope for is that the surgery took care of a lingering neck problem. Not that that's a great hope, but come on, I bought a Vanderesch jersey a couple of years ago, it's hardly broken in.

:(

He will be fine. He's one of my favorite players when he's on his game. I am in hopes we sign Wright which will allow LVE to stay healthier and prove his worth for the team as he did a couple of seasons ago.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The more the merrier. Our LBers are an injury hot mess.

quickccc

Reaction score
It won't matter who is playing LB if the DT's either can't or won't (shoot gaps, no run integrity) control their gaps.

Marinelli has brainwashed far too many.

+1
and I still don't get how we haven't seem past Marinelli's Ghosts of Xmas past and influence.

I thought after we went after hulky- bulky Dontarius Poe that may have finally changed not only the 1 tech size dynamics, but also more of a stronger emphasis on
acquiring quality bigger run stuffing 1 techs, whether FA, draft or trade.

We'll have to see if there's still a possibility o more off that acquisition this offseason.
Or is the club now content with another round of Chris Covington, Antuann Woods type possibilities 1 techs ?

quickccc

Reaction score
Not only would bringing in KJ Wright stamp a good, proven player, but that's also a chance to stamp a potential leader of the defense.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he's not performing hell yes he can sit. There's always been way too much entitlement on the modern Cowboy teams anyways. Play the best players.

I don’t have a problem with that, but you don’t intentionally sit them either. It’s not like LVE has played poorly, but that he’s been hurt.

Reactions: CWR

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Injury has sidelined Vander Esch, not the team. Your obvious hate for the guy poisons your perspective.
I don't hate the guy. If you look at the snap counts for LVE and Jaylon, tell me which one comes off the field. The team is obviously much more enamored with Jaylon then they are with LVE. When LVE is healthy, he is the one coming off the field.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
I don’t have a problem with that, but you don’t intentionally sit them either. It’s not like LVE has played poorly, but that he’s been hurt.
For as bad as Jaylon played last year, he still graded out higher than LVE per PFF. As much crap as Jaylon deservedly gets, it seems LVE hasn't received his rightful share.

starfan1

Reaction score
I don't hate the guy. If you look at the snap counts for LVE and Jaylon, tell me which one comes off the field. The team is obviously much more enamored with Jaylon then they are with LVE. When LVE is healthy, he is the one coming off the field.
jaylon got paid is the only reason.I think LVE is better than Jaylon if and thats a big if he could stay healthy. That said LVE isnt a top tier LB either or LB corps suck which is why i want to see Parsons in a cowboy uniform next year

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For as bad as Jaylon played last year, he still graded out higher than LVE per PFF. As much crap as Jaylon deservedly gets, it seems LVE hasn't received his rightful share.

Or that PFF isn’t the end-all, be-all that done people think?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Just because the team MAKES a decision doesn’t make it the RIGHT one. Look no further than Jaylon’s contract extension.