Video: Fish: “Cowboys Talking to KJ Wright”

817Gill

Reaction score
Yeah, an "insider" who has yet to actually break any news in years. Some insider...

Again, what happened with Jarran Reed? Your "insider's" last false claim?

You go ahead and keep getting suckered, I'll apply skepticism where I feel it's warranted. As in a guy talking about something with no tangible evidence.

While I don't rule out the possibility that the team may in fact be talking to Wright, I'll also certainly consider theas likely possibility that there's nothing to this.

You're wasting time continuing to dig up this thread.
Dude what false claim? Saying a player and team are communicating or interested doesn’t mean he’s going to sign, what are you saying man? Reed signing with KC is not any proof whatsoever that the team didn’t gage interest. I’m so confused as to why that’s a hard concept to grasp.

Do other fanbases get mad at their insiders for reporting simple minutia like a team is interested in a player? Literally think it’s only us. We let our hate of not doing squat in FA seep into hate for an insider saying there was “communication”. Again, REED SIGNING ELSEWHERE DOES NOT CONCLUDE THAT THERE WAS NO INTEREST.

This is a clear example of our fanbase reactions versus others. The Bengals were also ‘interested’ in Reed per one of their insiders. When he signed to the Chiefs the fans didn’t attack the insider lol, they directed any frustration towards the FO; you know, the people who actually sign the player? No one got mad at the insider for just making them aware of interest. Why do you freak out that Fish let you know about interest?

https://www.cincyjungle.com/platfor...news-rumors-bengals-free-agency-2021-seahawks

While I don't rule out the possibility that the team may in fact be talking to Wright, I'll also certainly consider theas likely possibility that there's nothing to this.

-This is literally what confuses me the most man. There could and probably won’t be “anything to this”, but communicating with a player doesn’t insinuate that there is “anything to this”. It’s simply just making you aware that interest and contact was made. Projecting what will come of it is simply a fan construct. A leveled and rational person just acknowledges the info and keeps and eye out incase anything does happen. Simple stuff man.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dude what false claim? Saying a player and team are communicating or interested doesn’t mean he’s going to sign, what are you saying man? Reed signing with KC is not any proof whatsoever that the team didn’t gage interest. I’m so confused as to why that’s a hard concept to grasp.

Do other fanbases get mad at their insiders for reporting simple minutia like a team is interested in a player? Literally think it’s only us. We let our hate of not doing squat in FA seep into hate for an insider saying there was “communication”. Again, REED SIGNING ELSEWHERE DOES NOT CONCLUDE THAT THERE WAS NO INTEREST.

So apparently, your relative Mike Fisher can make any claims that he wants to - with zero tangible proof - and you're A-OK with that. I'm not 'hating' on anything, but feel free to label a difference of opinion as such if it makes you feel better.

What I am doing is expecting some measure of support for something that someone is claiming. I am not simply taking Mike Fisher at his word.

This is a clear example of our fanbase reactions versus others. The Bengals were also ‘interested’ in Reed per one of their insiders. When he signed to the Chiefs the fans didn’t attack the insider lol, they directed any frustration towards the FO; you know, the people who actually sign the player? No one got mad at the insider for just making them aware of interest. Why do you freak out that Fish let you know about interest?

https://www.cincyjungle.com/platfor...news-rumors-bengals-free-agency-2021-seahawks

-This is literally what confuses me the most man. There could and probably won’t be “anything to this”, but communicating with a player doesn’t insinuate that there is “anything to this”. It’s simply just making you aware that interest and contact was made. Projecting what will come of it is simply a fan construct. A leveled and rational person just acknowledges the info and keeps and eye out incase anything does happen. Simple stuff man.

Or it's a guy making something up that isn't true in an effort to appear relevant, to appear as an 'insider', and to fool people, which apparently isn't too hard. You go right ahead and blindly believe whatever Mike Fisher tells you. I will question.

817Gill

Reaction score
So apparently, your relative Mike Fisher can make any claims that he wants to - with zero tangible proof - and you're A-OK with that. I'm not 'hating' on anything, but feel free to label a difference of opinion as such if it makes you feel better.

What I am doing is expecting some measure of support for something that someone is claiming. I am not simply taking Mike Fisher at his word.

Or it's a guy making something up that isn't true in an effort to appear relevant, to appear as an 'insider', and to fool people, which apparently isn't too hard. You go right ahead and blindly believe whatever Mike Fisher tells you. I will question.
It’s really not that difficult man. I just showed you how another fanbase reacts to the same thing, I’ve come to accept that simple things get warped on this forum. It is what it is. Communication doesn’t equal a deal getting done.

If you think all these details and reposting news sites is all one big joke then hey, that’s you. I guess that’s where we are in society now anyways, question everything even if the lie wouldn’t be worth the result.

Lol to thinking all this was done just to lie about communication.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s really not that difficult man. I just showed you how another fanbase reacts to the same thing, I’ve come to accept that simple things get warped on this forum. It is what it is. Communication doesn’t equal a deal getting done.

If you think all these details and reposting news sites is all one big joke then hey, that’s you. I guess that’s where we are in society now anyways, question everything even if the lie wouldn’t be worth the result.

Lol to thinking all this was done just to lie about communication.

And ‘lol’ to people who blindly believe everything they read on the internet. There really is one born every minute.

CWR

Reaction score
Just keeping it in line with how the negotiations went with Dak.

That's actually a fair point. It may just be how his agent does business. Although I still believe the longer it drags on the more opportunity for someone else to snag him.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I'm guessing KJ doesn't exactly have people beating down his door.

I'd still take him on a cheap deal.

817Gill

Reaction score
And ‘lol’ to people who blindly believe everything they read on the internet. There really is one born every minute.
Yeah so hard to live life accepting the Cowboys have communicated with KJ Wright. Seismic stuff I know.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I'm guessing KJ doesn't exactly have people beating down his door.

I'd still take him on a cheap deal.
KJ Wright is a perfect fit for Quinn’s defense. He has proven this! This is not speculation!

Why would you only take him on a cheap deal?

Part of the reason he has not signed is his agent plays serious hard ball.

If Dallas has the opportunity to sign Wright for 5-8 million a year for 2 years, they should jump all over it! I would go as high as 9 million a year and restructure some contracts.

We have signed some solid free agents, now we need to sign a difference maker in Free Agency.

If KJ is signed, we still have the draft to pickup a big DT and CB early in the draft.

Last edited:

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Wright would be a very good signing for a position that is weak. I can’t see how they can trust Smith and LVE after the last two years. They need to improve in that position. Just because they overpaid Smith and LVE had a good rookie year doesn’t mean you keep going with them when they have been underperforming on a bad defense.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Wright would be a very good signing for a position that is weak. I can’t see how they can trust Smith and LVE after the last two years. They need to improve in that position. Just because they overpaid Smith and LVE had a good rookie year doesn’t mean you keep going with them when they have been underperforming on a bad defense.
Exactly!

Don’t compound your mistake! Try to fix it.
Wright is right there for the taking and Jerry and Stephen are going to twittle their thumbs, until he signs with someone else. Stupid!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, based on your logic only one NFL reached-out to Reed (and his agent).......the team that signed him (Chiefs)?

Only that one team made a good enough offer. There’s zero evidence that Dallas was interested.

So I guess Based on ‘your logic’, Dallas is in on everybody then? If it helps you to feel better, believe we’re signing all the free agents.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Only that one team made a good enough offer. There’s zero evidence that Dallas was interested.

So I guess Based on ‘your logic’, Dallas is in on everybody then? If it helps you to feel better, believe we’re signing all the free agents.

No, based on your logic the only team that showed demonstrated interest is the one that eventually signed the player. Everyone else didn’t show interest.

Fisher said his source said the team explored bringing on Reed. I’m guessing that meant reaching out to Reed’s agent to gauge what kind of money and terms he was looking for. Obviously, it was too much.

What’s braindead is that because you don’t see a transcript of the conversation and the fact that the Cowboys didn’t end up signing Reed it somehow equates to the reported intitial interest as being false.

817Gill

Reaction score
So, based on your logic only one NFL reached-out to Reed (and his agent).......the team that signed him (Chiefs)?
Lol thank you. Why he has an issue with interest is beyond me. You’d think these insiders predicted the signing.

817Gill

Reaction score
What’s braindead is that because you don’t see a transcript of the conversation and the fact that the Cowboys didn’t end up signing Reed it somehow equates to the reported intitial interest as being false.
Yes. Just yes.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, based on your logic the only team that showed demonstrated interest is the one that eventually signed the player. Everyone else didn’t show interest.

I don't know what other teams did. I follow just the one.

Fisher said his source said the team explored bringing on Reed. I’m guessing that meant reaching out to Reed’s agent to gauge what kind of money and terms he was looking for. Obviously, it was too much.

As "braindead" as you simply believing whatever Fisher tells you, hook, line, and sinker?

rambo2

Reaction score
Apparently, you believe whatever you’re told. No questions asked.

Tell us also about that Jarran Reed interest that Fisher was also claiming?
They did have interest. I don't know how you could think that they didn't.