Video: Fish: Cowboys and Falcons have talked about a trade up. Fish says it is not true aka clickbait

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Oh I know what the NFL is but do you see a team taking risks and making moves to win a championship?

What team just continues on with their status quo ways and goes on to win anything?

The Cowboys believe In continuity. Continuity just continues to bring them the same results.

The Kansas City Chiefs should believe in continuity.. The Dallas Cowboys should believe in change.
That I agree 100%. I've complained every year they have a offseason of a team that just won't the Super Bowl. Not a fan of it at all. My blind or false hope of this team is just hoping that our young guys continue to develop and win in spite of this flawed approach from the front office.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Here's what I expect:

With the Cowboys' first pick, they will
1. Stay put at their draft position.
2. Pick a player at or very near the top of their draft board.

I think they do that consistently enough that I would call them very predictable. That doesn't mean they're 100% predictable. When they have been unpredictable in recent years, I see one common thread: Marinelli. Hill sure seems like he was a Marinelli pick. Same with Charlton. And same with passing on Floyd in 2013, when they traded down to grab Frederick. But even with Hill and Charlton, they stayed put and made a non-sexy pick. Marinelli's gone, so I expect them to be even more predictable.

A small trade up or down (a la Dez) wouldn't surprise me, but I would grant that it would qualify as unpredictable.

Look at last year's draft, the first one with this crew. They mostly stayed put and grabbed whatever value fell to them, as dictated by their board. When someone they liked fell a lot in later rounds, they made a move to get them. But every bit of it sure looked to me like it was dictated by their draft board, not by any ownership whims.
I do agree about last years draft. It was the most boring draft they had. Literally just followed their board it seemed. I expect that same exact approach this time. Will I Get it? I wouldn't assume I would but who knows.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I do agree about last years draft. It was the most boring draft they had. Literally just followed their board it seemed. I expect that same exact approach this time. Will I Get it? I wouldn't assume I would but who knows.
That boring draft netted us 4 starting players. You cant ask for more from a draft. Thats actually incredible lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That boring draft netted us 4 starting players. You cant ask for more from a draft. Thats actually incredible lol.
Oh I'm not knocking it. Just saying it was boring straight to the point.

Let's also be careful though because its like some past drafts....we think we come out of it with 4 or 5 starters...just to find out only 1 of 2 of them are worth a damn. Like that 2016 draft....

I still have high hopes for last years draft though. I know we got cornerstones with Lamb and Diggs. Not sure about everyone after that though. I'd like to think Biadiscz has potential but if he can't start this year than maybe I was wrong on him too.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Oh I'm not knocking it. Just saying it was boring straight to the point.

Let's also be careful though because its like some past drafts....we think we come out of it with 4 or 5 starters...just to find out only 1 of 2 of them are worth a damn. Like that 2016 draft....

I still have high hopes for last years draft though. I know we got cornerstones with Lamb and Diggs. Not sure about everyone after that though. I'd like to think Biadiscz has potential but if he can't start this year than maybe I was wrong on him too.
Biadasz will start. He was better than Looney last year lol. If he didnt get hurt he would have continued playing. And Gallimore was flashing towards the end of the season. IMO of course.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Biadasz will start. He was better than Looney last year lol. If he didnt get hurt he would have continued playing. And Gallimore was flashing towards the end of the season. IMO of course.
I'm not the best evaluator of linemen so don't get me to lying but I noticed he didn't grade out well by some people. Either way whether he busts or not....that was great value that late in the draft. Have high hopes for him for sure.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I'm not the best evaluator of linemen so don't get me to lying but I noticed he didn't grade out well by some people. Either way whether he busts or not....that was great value that late in the draft. Have high hopes for him for sure.
Not all rookie centers work out as well as Fredbeard. He also had the luxury of one of the best OL coaches in history and a full off-season.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Falcons: "Hey Cowboys, you want to trade up to our pick?"
Cowboys: "Sure, that'd be great!"
Falcons: "You do know we'll want proper compensation for that swap, right"
Cowboys: *click*

I suspect the KJ Wright discussions went the same way.
Dont be too sure,, this is exactly the Jerry splash play.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I loathe fisher.

so he’s saying we haven’t talked to them. That means we have cuz he’s full of it

Hardline

Reaction score
This team is 25 years removed from a Super Bowl championship.
I have no emotional ties to this team anymore. Trade up for Pitts. I could care less.

EJK24

Reaction score

You might but right about his overall grade, but I think his run blocking actually ranked really high among rookie centers. I hope another off season, one that's more normal, will help him grow even more in his second season.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
can we ban his clickbait from the board?

Maybe a new "Clickbait" or "FakeNews" prefix for starting new threads. It's still good to know about FakeNews rumors, instead of just hearing it mentioned and wondering what's up.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Trading up that far for Pitts would be dumb when you need to find a defensive starter at every level plus depth guys. Besides you would be competing with other teams likely looking for a QB that always inflates the trade value. At minimum it would cost a 2nd rounder to move up. Would be dissapointed if we made that move.