Signed by Cowboys FISH: Cowboys Plan To Re-Sign Jack Crawford *Update Signed one year deal*

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
The problem is two of the three you would have to trade up for and we aren't trading up for a safety for sure. I also don't think we are taking a RB at 4. So do you trade up for Wentz or trade down or take Bosa

You think both Ramsey and Wentz will go in the top 3? I think one of the two will be there. I guess we could also take Goff, though I'm not as convinced on him.

conner01

Reaction score
You think both Ramsey and Wentz will go in the top 3? I think one of the two will be there. I guess we could also take Goff, though I'm not as convinced on him.

I think tunsil, Wentz and Ramsey will be the top 3 picks barring a trade
I'm not as sold on Goff either

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
All that's missing is the lead singer of the band... Greg Hardy.

I think Hardy gets resigned.

Hopefully before the draft.

The parties need to meet and some forgiveness on both sides meets to be done and a reset afforded.

Hardy has to see where his future is and that his best years are with a team that wants him and will pay him for his football contributions.

That has been Dallas and why would he possibly want to relive what happened last year with another team?

Ground hog Day is over.

Hardy needs to wise up, calm down and dig in with the Cowboys. He needs to show some loyalty for what they have extended to him and build with it.

The alternative is to out of the NfL within a year or two.

That's a big drop.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can the need for developing a QB also be accomplished solidly, at round 3? That and with some defensive players added?

How would you feel about Spence and Nkemdiche, in the 1st and 2nd, if they both prove out?

We can't fill the QB need outside the 1st round. Not for at least a year, anyway. I'm all for drafting 3rd/4th rounders and developing them, but if that's the route we were going to go, we needed to have started two years ago. I'd be ok with Dak in that situation, for instance. I think he's got the potential to develop into a good player, but he doesn't compare to Goff in his development right now and is not a realistic alternative.

Now, we could sign Hoyer, maybe, if he shakes free, and I'd be ok with that for next season, but failing that, we're running out of options as we did nothing on that front at all in free agency. And Hoyer is probably not going to come all that cheap given that he's a borderline starter to some (bad) teams.

As for Spence and Nkemdiche...I'm not high on players with substance or motivation issues right now. Spence I'd strongly consider in the 2nd, but he won't be there (and he's a beast on the field). I'm not sure I'd look at Nkemdiche any sooner than the 4th, and maybe not then. Too many good players along the DL in this draft, and we can't afford to miss on a guy. I don't want to swing for the fences. I just want to find some more good young players to add to this roster wherever we can.

Vero_F250

Reaction score
I think tunsil, Wentz and Ramsey will be the top 3 picks barring a trade
I'm not as sold on Goff either

My guess is someone trades for #1 and takes a QB, then CLE takes the other. SD then takes Tunsil...leaving us with some serious options.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ryan Shazier
shazier.jpg

Who keeps shaving all the eyebrows off of these thumbs?

CCBoy

Reaction score
We need a franchise level QB, not scrub developmental 3rd round QBs.

In the AFC and NFC Conference Championship Games, 3 out of the 4 QBs were selected #1 overall and the only exception was Brady.

The odds of finding a franchise level QB outside the first round are not good..........Jerry said finding Romo was a miracle, well miracles typically don't happen twice for the same team. If we want a franchise level QB, then we are going to have to burn a high pick. If we want another Steven McGee, burn a 3rd/4th rounder.

Now I didn't know that you have been developing quarterbacks for the past decade. Next time, the scouting department should just seek out your opinion on who to lead their franchise...

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think this Crawford is more in play at the DT position, than he is at DE.

I expect a DE to be drafted within the first 3 rounds.

conner01

Reaction score
My guess is someone trades for #1 and takes a QB, then CLE takes the other. SD then takes Tunsil...leaving us with some serious options.

That is possible but don't think in that scenario the pick we would take changes. Just don't see them using back to back first rnd picks on safeties so that leaves Bosa or a trade down. Ramsey might get you some calls for a trade though but how far do we trade and still get a talented player? It sure would make things interesting though

Vero_F250

Reaction score
That is possible but don't think in that scenario the pick we would take changes. Just don't see them using back to back first rnd picks on safeties so that leaves Bosa or a trade down. Ramsey might get you some calls for a trade though but how far do we trade and still get a talented player? It sure would make things interesting though

Id rather have Buckner personally but obviously I'm no scout.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
We are unlikely to draft a DT. With all of the big DE that we have that kick inside, it's overkill. Thornton and Crawford are both plus starters if not world beaters. Maybe seek an improvement over McClain in the later rounds.

I like that we are picking at the top of the round. It should allow them to pick guys they like each round at the top of their position group.

conner01

Reaction score
I think Hardy gets resigned.

Hopefully before the draft.

The parties need to meet and some forgiveness on both sides meets to be done and a reset afforded.

Hardy has to see where his future is and that his best years are with a team that wants him and will pay him for his football contributions.

That has been Dallas and why would he possibly want to relive what happened last year with another team?

Ground hog Day is over.

Hardy needs to wise up, calm down and dig in with the Cowboys. He needs to show some loyalty for what they have extended to him and build with it.

The alternative is to out of the NfL within a year or two.

That's a big drop.

Not sure what the team would need forgiveness for. They gave him a golden opportunity and by all reports he didn't take it serious and do his part. Either he see's the error of his ways and changes or he will be flipping burgers soon. It's totally on him

Section446

Reaction score
Decent rotational guy, glad to have him back on a team friendly deal.

Daillest88

Reaction score
And if Romo gets hurt, we just lose every game like last year?

The only QBs behind Romo are Kellen "noodle arm" Moore and Showers from the practice squad...................that equals losses and a lot of losses.

Like I said if no QB.. Lynch is an option also