Twitter: Fish is adamant Dallas wants to trade for Jamal Adams

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Jets have no leverage. They will lose him for nothing except a comp pick after next year. The Cowboy’s only competition right now is the value of that comp pick. To offer a first round draft pick right now is stupid unless we get into a bidding war with other teams.
How do you know that is the Cowboys only competition? If Adams is that worthwhile, why wouldn't other teams be interested?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
The Jets have no leverage. They will lose him for nothing except a comp pick after next year. The Cowboy’s only competition right now is the value of that comp pick. To offer a first round draft pick right now is stupid unless we get into a bidding war with other teams.

How do you reckon that?

Adams is under contract for another year and he’s a commodity that others want. They are under no obligation to trade him and they can franchise him next year.

They have all the leverage.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I am not a fan of trading 1st round picks willy nilly, but Adams is a game changing player.

Reactions: CWR

aria

Reaction score
Adams is a great player. I think it would take close to two firsts.
I believe that was their original asking price and I doubt they budge too far from that, maybe a first and a second for Adams.

Aven8

Reaction score
As I said in the season come draft time picks become gold. Not so much in season.

aria

Reaction score
I’m just disappointed I can’t realistically fantasize about packaging zeke in some sort of trade deal to the Jets and watch him get a big dose of humble pie running behind the 31st ranked run blocking O line. A lot of you would find out how “special” he really is, Bell found out and so would zeke.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
That's not entirely untrue but also not entirely true.
Jets have plenty of leverage as they own his rights and can tag him going forward.
Also, other teams definitely like him, his camp just loves Dallas because they are located here.

Jets don't have to panic but the leverage they have does lessen daily.
They turned down an R1 last year reportedly.
Likely because they saw R1 and R3 being a "going rate" for elite DBs.
BUT, SS isn't as coveted as coverage guys and Jamal is sick of NY.
He badly wants to be in Dallas and will give Dallas a far better (but still expensive) long-term deal.
He's done the cost of living and tax rates between NYC and Dallas.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I am not a fan of trading 1st round picks willy nilly, but Adams is a game changing player.

No.. He’s a very good strong safety.. He’s not a game changing player though and doesn’t play a premium position.

He’s a luxury this team can’t afford right now.. We have average QBs we need to pay and holes at premium positions.

Wood

Reaction score
smoke screen on top of smoke screen = week of NFL draft.

reddyuta

Reaction score
No.. He’s a very good strong safety.. He’s not a game changing player though and doesn’t play a premium position.

He’s a luxury this team can’t afford right now.. We have average QBs we need to pay and holes at premium positions.

he doesnt make game changing plays? man those AP voters sure are dumb.

DanA

Reaction score
I can understand us wanting Adams to play as a LB/S allowing us to play base defense in a multiple front but Jets don't seem to be considering anything remotely reasonable.

fivetwos

Reaction score
How do you reckon that?

Adams is under contract for another year and he’s a commodity that others want. They are under no obligation to trade him and they can franchise him next year.

They have all the leverage.
I could be wrong, but I saw it as this year, a potential 5th year option, then two tag years.

If anything, it further supports the point.

I would sooner pay a guy like Adams who would earn it as a leader, as opposed to go getting fat in Cabo and tapping out when the season is on the line.

He is the exact personality that is missing in Dallas.

fivetwos

Reaction score

Sounds like youd rather have last years Byron Jones than Earl Thomas in his prime.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score

k