Fish says Cowboys eyeing Marvin Wilson round 2

bewp7

Reaction score
hope not!

how about cowboys draft over achiever instead of under achiever. maybe u get less upside but oh well...i would want a dog who u never have to worry about motivating and will out work everybody.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Two years ago. He flatlined after that. He was just flat out bad at times last year. He looked awful in some of their bigger games last year, like ND.

Wilson is a guy that has some skill but he’s got issues with motivation, focus, discipline that make him quite similar to what the issues with Hill were.
Is Trysten Hill’s issue motivation or is it that he’s simply not that good at football? SAme goes for Taco Charlton. Some of these guys just aren’t good at football.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
hope not!

how about cowboys draft over achiever instead of under achiever. maybe u get less upside but oh well...i would want a dog who u never have to worry about motivating and will out work everybody.
Actually I don’t think I want a overachiever either. Those guys flame our too lol.

ESisback

Reaction score
I mean at this point anything Fish says is not worth much.

However, the Cowboys taking Wilson in the second would be such a reach. But they don't seem to know what they are doing at DT so I guess taking Wilson would be a typical boneheaded move for them at the position.

True, and based on the past 25 years, it’s not surprising that the majority of the fanbase will freak over every move they make. The truth lies somewhere in the middle, although we’ll never find it. All we know is that majority will shrink once we win, but it’ll never return to the level of confidence and satisfaction we once had.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Locked on Cowboys talked about this today. They said if he opted out this year he would have been a first rounder and played this year with a bad knee. Had 3 coaching staffs in 3 years.

Gaede

Reaction score
They got with that with Hill. They still drafted him. Coaches and even his trainer raised concerns about his work ethic, desire, and even his football IQ.

All because Marinelli got him to sign a "hard work" contract.

This is why we lose.

Lose might be harsh.

This is why we mediocre.

Same thing

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Locked on Cowboys talked about this today. They said if he opted out this year he would have been a first rounder and played this year with a bad knee. Had 3 coaching staffs in 3 years.

Cavanaugh said he played the season with a torn meniscus. If that is true, it's not an excuse it's a reason. Sometimes fans call players lazy or unmotivated when the exact opposite is true. They are playing through injury for the good of the team. This fanbase has recently done that with DLaw and Cooper. Something to think about it.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Just like the more athletic players that are moving up (that are good but not great at football)..scouts are looking at the potential of Wilson's past form of 2018-2019. Why the drop off? Injury? Personal? Can it be fixed? The guy has some serious tape from previous years and he was going to be a first round pick if he came out early.

What happened too Wilson in 2020?

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Im totally expecting a complete cluster **** in 2 weeks , this would be the turd under the icing...

kskboys

Reaction score
A good draft for 2-3 round DT's and we're looking at Wilson?

Lacks the agility to make plays, has poor durabilty, he's fat, and has had 3 surgeries in the last couple years, missing 7 games in 2 years.

Why are these the players we look at? What is wrong w/ us? Stupid.

RS12

Reaction score
A good draft for 2-3 round DT's and we're looking at Wilson?

Lacks the agility to make plays, has poor durabilty, he's fat, and has had 3 surgeries in the last couple years, missing 7 games in 2 years.

Why are these the players we look at? What is wrong w/ us? Stupid.
I will give you a very large hint: It begins with a capital J.