Twitter: Fish: Should McGovern start over Biadasz?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I keep waiting to see Biadasz improve in some way, but I just see the same things happening each game, sometimes at critical times.
I don't know if Farniok has been getting any reps with the starters. I hope he is.
As a QB, I didn't like poor snaps or weak protection from the middle of the line.
The middle of any Oline, especially your Center, should be your strongest point of protection. Why? Because from the Center's position, that is the closest to reaching a QB. Plus, if your Center gets blown up, it's over. No play will work with pressure coming into your backfield right up through your Center. I can't believe the Cowboys have not made a move by now at Center, even if temporary.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The middle of any Oline, especially your Center, should be your strongest point of protection. Why? Because from the Center's position, that is the closest to reaching a QB. Plus, if your Center gets blown up, it's over. No play will work with pressure coming into your backfield right up through your Center. I can't believe the Cowboys have not made a move by now at Center, even if temporary.
Yes, if I'm passing, I have to make a quick dump pass, scramble, get sacked or intercepted. Distracts from my pass reads and then I hope the D isn't blitzing. If it's a run, better hope it is a pitch out or is off tackle. That left side A gap is weak on passing plays!
Wonder how Dak feels about it?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yes, if I'm passing, I have to make a quick dump pass, scramble, get sacked or intercepted. Distracts from my pass reads and then I hope the D isn't blitzing. If it's a run, better hope it is a pitch out or is off tackle. That left side A gap is weak on passing plays!
Wonder how Dak feels about it?
Dak won't admit it in public, but I have a feeling he's not too comfortable worrying about the pass protection square right in front of him. Now, add some inconsistent shotgun snaps and even a few forgotten snap counts? Whoa...like I said...I can't believe a move has not been made by now...even if for a game or two.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak won't admit it in public, but I have a feeling he's not too comfortable worrying about the pass protection square right in front of him. Now, add some inconsistent shotgun snaps and even a few forgotten snap counts? Whoa...like I said...I can't believe a move has not been made by now...even if for a game or two.
Got to be a concern for him. If so, I like that it's staying in the clubhouse and not being publicly aired, as the problem is there for all to see. Hope the coaches make the right decisions about this. Seems like they are trying to minimize it and hope for the best.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Got to be a concern for him. If so, I like that it's staying in the clubhouse and not being publicly aired, as the problem is there for all to see. Hope the coaches make the right decisions about this. Seems like they are trying to minimize it and hope for the best.
I agree, but hoping for the best is not actually fixing it. Truly hope it doesn't get Dak reinjured, because if Dak gets seriously injured again, this season is finished. Dak's health should be priority #1.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I admit to having NO Clue how good or bad this kid is playing. Guess few questions comes to mine

• Is he a liability and what I mean is he actually hurting the team to the point there's no reason to believe he will improve?
  • Is his issue(s) correctable?
  • Are you willing to burn a high draft 2022 draft pick as replacement?

Biadasz is just doing sixth round pick things. We need 1st/2nd round pick things.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree, but hoping for the best is not actually fixing it. Truly hope it doesn't get Dak reinjured, because if Dak gets seriously injured again, this season is finished. Dak's health should be priority #1.
Yeah, hope is not the best plan here. We do not need that man out again. It seems as if the QB backup group is based on the hope that Dak stays healthy.

CoachD

Reaction score
Biadasz is exactly what he is right now in the NFL, a second year 4th round pick that is working on his craft. He'll get better with more playing time so I'm definitely going to be patient with the Cowboy's center.

conner01

Reaction score
No. Already have Matt Farniok waiting to be given a chance.
He played one college game at center in his life and you want to start him in an nfl game lol
Geez
Let’s set him up for failure
He’s a really nice prospect but what makes you think he’s ready to start an nfl game
Then when he struggles you’ll want him gone

quickccc

Reaction score
Newsflash: That Hargrove is pretty good and so is that guy Fletcher next to him. And they do that to other centers in the league, even the good and experienced ones.

that's why its so important to get the quality interior guys that Hargrove, Cox cannot do that too. It's called competition.
you cannot act like that's the norm.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
that's why its so important to get the quality interior guys that Hargrove, Cox cannot do that too. It's called competition.
you cannot act like that's the norm.

Hold on for a second. I am calling 1-800 All -Pro Center right now. I should have one in a week or so.

I tried my best to get one delivered by tomorrow but no chance. UPS would not release him so fast.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He played one college game at center in his life and you want to start him in an nfl game lol
Geez
Let’s set him up for failure
He’s a really nice prospect but what makes you think he’s ready to start an nfl game
Then when he struggles you’ll want him gone
And Biadasz played Center in college and here for the past two years, yet he's struggling in pass protection, pass protection technique, shotgun snaps and even remembering the actual snap count, yet you want to keep him starting?

Yeah, give me Farniok. At least he looked good in preseason on all 4 counts mentioned above. ^^^^

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t think MCGovern played at center
He’s been working at center and hopefully is better than CW but he’s now the starting FB so can’t be both lol
Actually, he was the starting center at Penn State his sophomore season. Switched back to guard his junior year.

conner01

Reaction score
And Biadasz played Center in college and here for the past two years, yet he's struggling in pass protection, pass protection technique, shotgun snaps and even remembering the actual snap count, yet you want to keep him starting?

Yeah, give me Farniok. At least he looked good in preseason on all 4 counts mentioned above. ^^^^
My god he forgot the snap count once
Let’s cut him