Twitter: Fish: Should McGovern start over Biadasz?

Plankton

Reaction score
And Biadasz played Center in college and here for the past two years, yet he's struggling in pass protection, pass protection technique, shotgun snaps and even remembering the actual snap count, yet you want to keep him starting?

Yeah, give me Farniok. At least he looked good in preseason on all 4 counts mentioned above. ^^^^

Dude, you keep pimping Farniok, and throw out the fact that he held up against the Jaguars starters in the final PS game.

Keep in mind that teams do not game plan for preseason games, especially the last one, and don't run many exotic games/rush schemes up front. Also, the Jaguars are a bottom five defense - I wouldn't go holding this up as being any indicator of a stalwart effort when you consider the opposition. The Jags are winless because they are a bad team that lacks talent, especially on defense.

Biadasz has shown issues in pass protection, and started having some snap issues. No question, he is the biggest question mark on the offensive line right now (and that's amazing considering that Terence Steele would have been at the top of the list going into Week 2). That being said, if Farniok were truly better than Biadasz, he would be playing. Both players were drafted under the present coaching staff, so there's no bias on one guy over the other due to who selected them. Farniok has precious little experience at center - you don't want him learning on the job against top players. That's what practice is for.

quickccc

Reaction score
I don’t think MCGovern played at center
He’s been working at center and hopefully is better than CW but he’s now the starting FB so can’t be both lol

and McGovern only began working at center at some point in the regular season, ..as compared to having him more prepared and ready
back in OTAs, summer camp and preseason. The snaps given to the current inactive Matt Farniok,.. couldve given to McGovern who is one of the
better game ready reserves. But Philibin preferred those reps to go to Farniok and Williams instead.

CoachD

Reaction score
Actually, he was the starting center at Penn State his sophomore season. Switched back to guard his junior year.
Excellent data retrieval. I remember when Jimmy Johnson told John Gesek he was moving him to center because Hellestrae sucked.

Loso86

Reaction score
So if you don’t want to develop players then the only other option is buy then in FA
Not saying that, why can't we develop McGovern there?... I'm saying I. A year like so where it seems that's the weak spot if you can upgrade it then do it. But if your fine with it and they are then so be it. Just don't complain when the middle of the line gets pushed back more and more in Daks face as the year goes on. Again I could be wrong he could end up really well in which I will happily admit

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not saying that, why can't we develop McGovern there?... I'm saying I. A year like so where it seems that's the weak spot if you can upgrade it then do it. But if your fine with it and they are then so be it. Just don't complain when the middle of the line gets pushed back more and more in Daks face as the year goes on. Again I could be wrong he could end up really well in which I will happily admit
Yes. Either improve or get in line. Don't allow complacency.

johneric8

Reaction score
There is a reason that Tyler is starting, he is heads and shoulders better than anyone on our roster. He was one of the best centers in college football.. His run blocking is one of the reasons were killing people... Even if he isn't perfect at pass blocking and his center snaps he is still superior to most in other areas... Whomever is trying to bench this kid on the forum is looney tunes.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
To be honest I think the Cowboys haven't been working McGovern at center since they know his future is at guard. I don't see Connor Williams coming back in 2022.

But with Biadasz being so up-and-down (I don't want to say he's struggling since I've seen him make some great blocks too) I'm glad they are giving McGovern reps now. Maybe once he's ready it will be an upgrade and a way to get the five best linemen on the field.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Let the kid grow he’s doing a decent job and will continue to get better in pass pro. I see no reason in making a change there. But there is a bigger issue I think between Williams and B in the gap. Williams has had issues over the years with strength so how much of the issue with that gap are related to Williams?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
There is a reason that Tyler is starting, he is heads and shoulders better than anyone on our roster. He was one of the best centers in college football.. His run blocking is one of the reasons were killing people... Even if he isn't perfect at pass blocking and his center snaps he is still superior to most in other areas... Whomever is trying to bench this kid on the forum is looney tunes.

You're right, but Biadasz has to be more than a run blocker. We can't have the center getting pushed back into Dak's face and Sunday he had some errant snaps too. This kid was great at Wisconsin but he lasted to the end of the 5th round for a reason too. I don't want to go to the extreme and say Biadasz is "struggling", but some issues are popping up. And with McGovern now taking some center reps at practice, the Cowboys see it too.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You're Looney tunes for not wanting competition and wanting the best 5 linemen at each position starting. Thank you for your biased agenda.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
And to add my above post I am rooting for Biadasz since I think he can be a great one. Just needs time, but with the Cowboys looking to run away in the NFC East, how much time can they give him?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I want McGovern to get more time for sure but has Biadasz been bad? I haven’t seen anything I don’t like. Remember this guy was on track to be a first rounder. Last year he was coming off an injury. All the stupid pandemic stuff. Guy was fine. Technically this is his rookie year and he has been pretty good. What is the issue?

Fish is terrible. Just looking for clicks.

Reactions: BAT

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His run blocking is at a very high level, and his snap problems are only recent.

That's not a guess.

This part is.....

What's the alternative? Williams? I think proved he couldn't snap well in the preseason. You'd beg for Biadasz in this case.

McGovern? Love him as a guard, but not sure he can snap well either.

Farinok? Ready to have a rookie make all the line calls?

All in all we are using the best overall option.

I personally would help him out by starting McGovern at LG. He is better than Williams there.

Also once Collins is back Martin may be able to help inside more often, with Biadasz improving in the meanwhile.

People need to let this center "problem" go for now. It'll fix itself. Not every position can be perfect nor does it need to be. That pretty much needed to be the case under Garrett. Those days are over.
It does make me wonder why Mcgovern hasn't been inserted for Williams yet. At least to stop bull rushers.