Twitter: Fish: Should McGovern start over Biadasz?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The middle of any Oline, especially your Center, should be your strongest point of protection. Why? Because from the Center's position, that is the closest to reaching a QB. Plus, if your Center gets blown up, it's over. No play will work with pressure coming into your backfield right up through your Center. I can't believe the Cowboys have not made a move by now at Center, even if temporary.

They havent made a move, because they dont need to.

That is the first thing you have gotten right about the center position. If you have a better center, it cant work.

Yet we rush for 200 yards per game and the pass protection is outstanding.

So at the end of the day, the bottom line is that Biadasz is getting the job done.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And Biadasz played Center in college and here for the past two years, yet he's struggling in pass protection, pass protection technique, shotgun snaps and even remembering the actual snap count, yet you want to keep him starting?

Yeah, give me Farniok. At least he looked good in preseason on all 4 counts mentioned above. ^^^^

Biadasz was injured his final year in college and missed all of TC last year and only started 4 games and was hurt again. This is essentially his first full season as a pro. The kid is going well. Your lies show your agenda.

If Farniok was so great then he would be starting. And he wouldnt have been a 6th round pick. And did he win the award for being the best center in college like Biadasz did?

Enjoy!!!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
They havent made a move, because they dont need to.

That is the first thing you have gotten right about the center position. If you have a better center, it cant work.

Yet we rush for 200 yards per game and the pass protection is outstanding.

So at the end of the day, the bottom line is that Biadasz is getting the job done.
Nothing to worry about.

Only 5 Cowboys practicing taking shotgun snaps at Center...

:muttley:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Nothing to worry about.

Only 5 Cowboys practicing taking shotgun snaps at Center...

:muttley:

Yep, and how many WR's do you think were catching passes today? Is this what you pin your hopes on? Backup reps? :muttley:

Notice the term "backup center"?

I guess you can dream eh?

Game 5...................CHECK!!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I admit to having NO Clue how good or bad this kid is playing. Guess few questions comes to mine

• Is he a liability and what I mean is he actually hurting the team to the point there's no reason to believe he will improve?
  • Is his issue(s) correctable?
  • Are you willing to burn a high draft 2022 draft pick as replacement?

As a rookie, Biadasz struggled in pass protection but thrived in run blocking. The same things as Travis Frederick back in 2013.

The knowledge portion is usually the hardest and all indications are Biadasz has a firm grasp on that here early in mini-camp. Something that dogged him in 2020 and 2019 was his health. That also seems to be under control here in 2021.

conner01

Reaction score
Not saying that, why can't we develop McGovern there?... I'm saying I. A year like so where it seems that's the weak spot if you can upgrade it then do it. But if your fine with it and they are then so be it. Just don't complain when the middle of the line gets pushed back more and more in Daks face as the year goes on. Again I could be wrong he could end up really well in which I will happily admit
The staff has seen MCGovern in practice at center
Maybe they know what they are doing
They were right about steele

stiletto

Reaction score
Biadasz just needs to get bigger/stronger and he'll be a fine center. I am sure if Dak isn't comfortable a change will be made. Really IMO, it's Dak's call.

Reactions: BAT

conner01

Reaction score
and McGovern only began working at center at some point in the regular season, ..as compared to having him more prepared and ready
back in OTAs, summer camp and preseason. The snaps given to the current inactive Matt Farniok,.. couldve given to McGovern who is one of the
better game ready reserves. But Philibin preferred those reps to go to Farniok and Williams instead.
Maybe he thought they were better at center
The man is a very respected oline coach
He may not be a dumb as fans think
He has seen Farniok, who I really like and MCGovern at centee

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Biadasz is just doing sixth round pick things. We need 1st/2nd round pick things.

Biadasz was a 4th round pick. Cowboys pass protection is outstanding and the run blocking is dominating. Biadasz must be doing something right.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Biadasz just needs to get bigger/stronger and he'll be a fine center. I am sure if Dak isn't comfortable a change will be made. Really IMO, it's Dak's call.

Not hearing a peep out of anyone on the Cowboys. The Oline is killing it. This is all agenda talk, nothing more.

stiletto

Reaction score
Not hearing a peep out of anyone on the Cowboys. The Oline is killing it. This is all agenda talk, nothing more.

I guess everyone is going to pick on the lowest graded guy on every unit... Biadasz is killing it in the run game. It's why we are winning games. Anyone that says otherwise is a hack.

I look for Belichick to take that away this week and play the Tampa way. Will be Interested to see how Biadasz holds up in pass protection. No studs on NE at DT, so I expect him to be better than in the Tampa game.

Reactions: BAT

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Maybe he thought they were better at center
The man is a very respected oline coach
He may not be a dumb as fans think
He has seen Farniok, who I really like and MCGovern at centee
I guess everyone is going to pick on the lowest graded guy on every unit... Biadasz is killing it in the run game. It's why we are winning games. Anyone that says otherwise is a hack.

I look for Belichick to take that away this week and play the Tampa way. Will be Interested to see how Biadasz holds up in pass protection. No studs on NE at DT, so I expect him to be better than in the Tampa game.

Any problems have been grossly over exaggerated. The first game we threw 58 times and he allowed 7 pressures to the best DT's in the game. Since then he has allowed 4 pressures in 4 games. No sacks.

All someone has to do is watch film. Biadasz will be the center for the next 5 years. Barring injury. Book it!!!

TheCritic

Reaction score
Good grief. MM has made it clear several times this season that he's going live with it knowing the shortcomings. He believes in his potential and feels the game experience will pay off in the future. This Fish guy is nothing but clickbait who needs to stop drinking and get a job.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Giants game the entire O line was off sides except the center because they all went on the snap count except Dak didn’t get the ball snapped to him. Several other shot gun snaps were an adventure. Let’s see what goes down in NE then with a bye they have that extra week to break down film make an educated decision .

The Cowboys must be near top in the NFL in yards both run and pass so as a whole the unit looks good.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

(In bold^^^): rookie monster DT, #90 Christian Barmore, will be testing Biadasz. Bank on it.