Fish show compares current Cowboys right now in May, to the 92 Cowboys in May 92

gtb1943

Reaction score
That's the thing though these negative fans if they keep saying it eventually three or four years down the road they're gonna get it right.. That's what they're hoping right they could say see I told you so but the fact is they were wrong the last three off seasons and yet they keep saying it's gonna be a disastrous season eventually it is gonna be true I mean you know a blind squirrel can find a nut that kind of saying the broken clock is right twice a day.

They are hedging their bets that if they keep saying it eventually one day they'll be right and they'll try to go back and say see I told you so but we are gonna call them on it because they were wrong three straight offseasons....
yawn

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
You know you can simplify it all you want try to fit the narrative that this is a bad offseason and we're looking at a terrible season coming...

that's on you that's just an opinion, you left out all the fact that they just trying to rebuild their offensive line, they changed defensive coordinators, they drafted players and brought in players to try to fit that new scheme...

We have players coming back off injury as well as other things that can add to the roster.

they they've made changes, it may not seem like, it's you because you don't want to see it and you don't think the changes are worth talking about because you're mad they brought zeke back but forget they brought six other running backs that are going to compete and try to make this team, hopefully behind a better offensive line. You never know what you're going to get from one of these players like Royce or Nathaniel Peat, somebody might step up and be a lot better than you think... I mean it could be a disaster but to say that you could put all with this teams going to be and do you thinking that we just have three decent players and that's it that's a joke dude, that's ridiculous...​
Most of the changes that were made with players like 77, was up against retirement and injured all the time in tyron Smith, a center who got pushed back into the backfield all the time and a bunch of other replaceable players... we did not lose a bunch of stars off this team like in their prime, we still are virtually a very similar team than we have in the last three years...​
And those were twelve-win seasons, I'm not expecting that, but this doom and gloom this viewpoint that a lot of fans had this offseason like it's any different than the last three off seasons I don't see a big difference we still have a solid core team that the last three years has won 36 games, two division titles, and been in the playoffs all three of those years...​

Again, every year, I have a low expectation that's just me why expect so much and then be disappointed.. I just come to watch the games every year is a one off it's a week-to-week league during the year and for me that's why we watch we're not Nostradamus we're not making predictions we just going to watch the damn games and discuss the season afterwards..... Conclusions cannot be made by your viewpoint and perspective which is all opinions, none of it is fact, we don't know how this season's going to go or how any of these players are going to play on the field together as the 2024 team.
Sorry, I'm not reading a novel. But I did skim and saw you had low expectations, so I'm assuming we agree.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Good fish show, compares the current team right now in may, to the 92 cowboys in may 92.
Interesting because at that time we didnt know what was coming or what we had.

I will add that in 91 dallas made playoffs won a WC game against chicago, then got blown out by detroit in detroit.
not sure but I think chicago game was in chicago ??

Yes, the game was in Chicago. 17-13 Dallas. :D

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Those playoff teams were great because they played elite defense, had an elite Oline and the best RB in the game. Troy needed to make 5-10 great throws a game and it was well balanced. Those defenses didn’t give up 40+
Well you guys that dont watch the vid, miss the point.
In may 92 we didnt know that the team or players were elite.
They had only won 1 playoff game, and lost by blow out the 2nd game with detroit , which was similar to the recent GB fiasco.

Detroit had put up 38 points on a defense you say was elite lol.
The offense had not done much, except emmit won the rushing title, but he didnt help in the detroit game.

We knew the team had potential but was not elite yet. Hailey wasnt there yet, and I think some other players were added before the season
started.
Also I can guess that jimmy was telling the team, they needed to be first seed so the playoffs would be in dallas, and only play 2 games.
That was a big part of why they went to the SB's. Avoid the road games in playoffs.

So bottom line is what did the 92 team look like in may of 92, not during or after the season.

I became a fan in 91, I saw potential, but not a powerhouse SB team.

The 2014 and 2016 dallas teams, had a near elite OL, and a rushing champ RB , they didnt have jimmy and his staff, or a great offense, and they

didnt have a good defense, so they flopped in playoffs. 2014 was close, even though they didnt have a good defense. And they had JG as game mgr and HC lol. Same for 2016.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm not reading a novel. But I did skim and saw you had low expectations, so I'm assuming we agree.
No I'm saying I have those expectations yearly why have expectations at any other reason when we're talking about sports the unknown the ultimate reality TV show literally it's a new year every year anybody that holds this roster and this coaching staff for 20 plus years of playoff issues that's ridiculous it's a one off year every year it's a new start that's what I'm saying I have no expectations yearly I didn't have any expectations in 1989 or 1992 or 1996 all the way up till now that's my point why put yourself in a spot to be let down by any sports team,

just let it ride...

Second of all it's not a novel that probably be hundreds of pages not a single page but I get it everyone around here now is social media thinks it's Twitter and they have no attention span at all but this is not like a movie where you can wait till the reviews come out and even then the reviews sometime are skewed because of people's perspective and differing opinions this is the ultimate reality you don't know what's gonna happen you discuss it after the season....

stright from Hey Google, verbatum

On the website writersdigestshop.com they say a novel is a piece of long narrative and literary prose narrative prose is meant to entertain and tell a story it is a description of a chain of events which includes a cast of characters most publishers prefer novels that are in the 80,000 to 120,000 word range depending on the genre..

Surely said that some of y'all can't even read 150 words and call it a novel that's how skewed this generation is thanks to Twitter :facepalm::popcorn::laugh:

blueblood70

Reaction score
straight from Hey Google, verbatim,

On the website writersdigestshop.com they say a novel is a piece of long narrative and literary prose narrative prose is meant to entertain and tell a story it is a description of a chain of events which includes a cast of characters most publishers prefer novels that are in the 80,000 to 120,000 word range depending on the genre..

Surely said that some of y'all can't even read 150 words and call it a novel that's how skewed this generation is thanks to Twitter :facepalm::popcorn::laugh:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I know it is a slow news time but is he that desperate to create content? Jeez.
Yes he is lol,he has to do 2 short shows per day, and with the jones boys doing nothing in fa, and not signing hardly anyone, he has to
get creative, which is better than talking speculation, or BS.

Lets see you do 2 threads a day and make them interesting.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Tell us how your predictions did the last 2 seasons.
he should be in those prediction threads, we do each year. I dont know how to search for them, maybe reality or a mod could help pull those up.
I will say this, he says 8-9 which is possible. my initial one before the draft, was 9-8 and possibly lower.

I dont think this current team after this off season can win 12 games again.
Anything is possible, but more likely to be less wins this season, since they do play tougher div and afl games.

So 9-10 wins is a good guess.
But anything can happen.
Also the ongoing trend is no nfce team has won 2 div titles in a row for 20 years, so dont expect this dallas team to break that trend.

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
that is true for many here, gotta keep it short.
This isn't Twitter or even technically social media this is a full power forum and I could write as much as I feel like it and I don't even write by the way I just talk to text that's why turns out long cause I gotta say what I got to say...

it's like I feel like I'm sitting across from you at a bar this is what I would do this is my shop talk about sports like you would have when you're having a debate at a bar....​

I get so frustrated with Twitter like I get creative to fit what I need to say,

right here, I don't see any limitations look at that above with all that stuff you can do to write why would there be bullet points, paragraph indentations options, and like everything you need you need to be grammatically correct and write a paper, just like in Word

I mean look at above that's not my fault....

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I really don't see any comparison at all.....more like wishful thinking probably.... I mean, comparing a #1 rd pick QB with potential with a #4 rd pick QB in his 9th year on his downside of his career; a #1 pick RB with potential and a washed up #1 pick RB on his downside of his career; and two WRs, one with the moniker "Playmaker" who was known for pumping up and elevating his teammates with another who goes into a shell and pouts on the sidelines. As for the HC, one who knew how to motivate and handle his players with one who is happy to collect a paycheck still. As for Jerry, he stayed out of Jimmy's way and this led to success; now he is "All in" and can't find his way out of a paper bag for the past 28 years and counting. Back then he was hoping to win Super Bowls, now he is content with "hanging around the rim.".

Yeah, pretty similar alright.....the unis look almost the same. Oh, i almost forgot this 2024 team ...the above players and the HC are all on one year contracts so what does that say about the future and their mindset, as opposed to those in 1991 who were focused on becoming great together with a bright future.
well u miss the point lol
A comparison doesnt mean they are similar lol. you can compare a weak team to a strong team.

The whole idea, was that in MAY 92 we didnt know that team would win 2 sb's in a row.
They had done nothing and were 1-1 in playoffs the defense was not elite yet, and aside from emmit winning a rushing title they
had done nothing. No one was predicting dallas would be the SB champ lol. If anything some thought they would do better in playoffs,
but that is about it..

DandyDon52

Reaction score
This isn't Twitter or even technically social media this is a full power forum and I could write as much as I feel like it and I don't even write by the way I just talk to text that's why turns out long cause I gotta say what I got to say...

it's like I feel like I'm sitting across from you at a bar this is what I would do this is my shop talk about sports like you would have when you're having a debate at a bar....​

I get so frustrated with Twitter like I get creative to fit what I need to say,

right here, I don't see any limitations look at that above with all that stuff you can do to write why would there be bullet points, paragraph indentations options, and like everything you need you need to be grammatically correct and write a paper, just like in Word

I mean look at above that's not my fault....
I get it, that is one reason I am here and not on twitter etc.
I like some of the long posts , and you can make it however long u want. Post images and vids, do things with text, I like all that.
Some here just read the title and reply to that lol, so when making a thread consider that . The title is important.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Fish is an idiot
Why anyone would waste their time listening to this moron is beyond me
I have to disagree, he is actually fairly smart. He doesnt post BS , and is always honest.
He has been around jones boys since 89, knew jimmy and all those 90's players and often tell stories about them.
I have learned alot watching his shows.
He doesnt like skip bayless,and he calls out others for stuff that is not reporting, but just made up or speculating with no facts.

I enjoy watching his shows (2 a day 6am 6pm ) not all are good, but some are.

I dont know how you came to your opinion of him, but it wasnt from watching his shows. I think more like you judge books by the covers
and the titles, and you never read the inside of a book lol. so what do you actually know?

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
straight from Hey Google, verbatim,

I don't mind reading over 150 words, but I'd like them to be entertaining.

visionary

Reaction score
I have to disagree, he is actually fairly smart. He doesnt post BS , and is always honest.
He has been around jones boys since 89, knew jimmy and all those 90's players and often tell stories about them.
I have learned alot watching his shows.
He doesnt like skip bayless,and he calls out others for stuff that is not reporting, but just made up or speculating with no facts.

I enjoy watching his shows (2 a day 6am 6pm ) not all are good, but some are.

I dont know how you came to your opinion of him, but it wasnt from watching his shows. I think more like you judge books by the covers
and the titles, and you never read the inside of a book lol. so what do you actually know?
Fish is the definition of BS and fluff
I guess you like it
I want people to be direct and to the point

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Fish is the definition of BS and fluff
I guess you like it
I want people to be direct and to the point
there is no one like that ! lol
robotic and direct and to the point and end of show lol.
30 second shows !

He tries to do a entertaining and somewhat informative short show.
Out of all the cowboys based shows, his is the best.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Good fish show, compares the current team right now in may, to the 92 cowboys in may 92.
Interesting because at that time we didnt know what was coming or what we had.

I will add that in 91 dallas made playoffs won a WC game against chicago, then got blown out by detroit in detroit.
not sure but I think chicago game was in chicago ??

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Well you guys that dont watch the vid, miss the point.
In may 92 we didnt know that the team or players were elite.
They had only won 1 playoff game, and lost by blow out the 2nd game with detroit , which was similar to the recent GB fiasco.

Detroit had put up 38 points on a defense you say was elite lol.
The offense had not done much, except emmit won the rushing title, but he didnt help in the detroit game.

We knew the team had potential but was not elite yet. Hailey wasnt there yet, and I think some other players were added before the season
started.
Also I can guess that jimmy was telling the team, they needed to be first seed so the playoffs would be in dallas, and only play 2 games.
That was a big part of why they went to the SB's. Avoid the road games in playoffs.

So bottom line is what did the 92 team look like in may of 92, not during or after the season.

I became a fan in 91, I saw potential, but not a powerhouse SB team.

The 2014 and 2016 dallas teams, had a near elite OL, and a rushing champ RB , they didnt have jimmy and his staff, or a great offense, and they

didnt have a good defense, so they flopped in playoffs. 2014 was close, even though they didnt have a good defense. And they had JG as game mgr and HC lol. Same for 2016.
The '91 Cowboys went to Washington and totally outplayed the undefeated Commanders. I - and every Cowboys fan I knew - was all but certain we were on the edge of greatness. Smith & Irvin had arguably the best season of any WR/RB combo in team history, and we still had a bunch of draft picks left from the Walker trade. There's little comparison between any Cowboys team from the last decade and that team.