Fish take on Dak's contract talk

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
If Boston doesn't want Brady., will take Brady .

Not the Las Vegas Raiders ... We will take Brady .

and ... uhhh ... abut Dak , tag him non-exclusive . Ask for 2 first round picks .

I repeat , NON-EXCLUSIVE TAG.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
yes, a combination of Cooper, Gallup and Cobb is just not good enough LOL

stop it already
That is a top 5 trio in the NFL and if that’s not good enough, it’s on Dak
Keep making excuses. Don't let your bias get in the way from the truth. Good job you're doing yet again.

:thumbup:

conner01

Reaction score
Agreed . I like him but hes not worth it
He’s not gonna be the highest paid QB
He’s gonna get signed under 35 which is Wilson money and soon to be probably not even top 5 money
That’s why he wants a shorter contract so he can cash in again in a few years

Last edited:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Only in Dallas do you see this type of arrogance from players that haven't accomplished doo doo.

Rich Gannon said on the radio a few weeks ago that Dak "will have to live at the facility" this off-season to get this offense down bc of it's complexity. If he decides to stay away from Dallas bc of this contract situation then there are going to be growing pains next season with this offense. Imagine what it's going to be like around here if Dak is struggling with the new offense immediately following signing a new big deal.
Makes me wonder if this is the real reason McCarthy said he'd adapt his WCO to the existing terminology, something a lot of us thought was strange.

conner01

Reaction score
Makes me wonder if this is the real reason McCarthy said he'd adapt his WCO to the existing terminology, something a lot of us thought was strange.
I think that’s a smart move
The terminology is different than anything Dak or most QB’s have every dealt with
Seems smart to simplify it
I’m more concerned with adding new plays than what they call them
Dak I think can learn the system but we need him signed quickly so they can get a jump on it
Cobb knows it which will help assuming he’s back
I watch Gruden go over some of his play calling and once you get the concept it’s different but is logical
Slowly implementing the concept helps everyone because even the oline will have to learn it
Adding in the route concepts though I think will only help
I love crossing routes and miss the days we ran more screen plays
I also think MM wants to have a more vibrant run game than he had in GB
He’s watching the 49ers win games running the ball like we do

GMO415

Reaction score
Dak has to learn a new offense....HELLO!

The guy has to be there when the off-season practices start.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
put your money where your mouth is

find me 5 WR trios in the NFL 2019 that are better than ours

otherwise admit that Dak is mediocre
5 WR trios? I can easily find you 3. Why 5? You can't handle 3 trios better than ours? Trying to find an "out" with asking for 5 trio sets? lol. Pathetic just like your Dak hatred. Just be quiet!

Kaiser

Reaction score
I love Dak and want him resigned ASAP.

But it makes me shudder, to know he will likely be the highest paid QB.

Depends on how they structure the contract. Zeke got the bragging rights of having the biggest RB contract, but in reality the numbers are way more team friendly than that. He got a lower signing bonus and initial salaries, they could easily give Dak a huge contract that isn't anywhere near 30 Million in cap hits for the first couple of years.

Flamma

Reaction score
If Boston doesn't want Brady., will take Brady .

Not the Las Vegas Raiders ... We will take Brady .

and ... uhhh ... abut Dak , tag him non-exclusive . Ask for 2 first round picks .

I repeat , NON-EXCLUSIVE TAG.

Transition tag, no need for a franchise tag. He's asking for top dollar, what do the Cowboys have to lose? That's the perfect way to test the market with the option to match.

Zordon

Reaction score
Yeah I think you might be on to something bc I can't imagine running a WCO without its terminology. But the issue is we are in a weird place right now where you got a new coaching staff + a win now mentality + several players due for new deals. Very little grace period for this staff to evaluate players and build from the ground up. I blame Jerry for this because he should have had some foresight and fired Garrett after the 2018 season so the new staff could have a year to evaluate all these players before they decide to give them new deals.

visionary

Reaction score
5 WR trios? I can easily find you 3. Why 5? You can't handle 3 trios better than ours? Trying to find an "out" with asking for 5 trio sets? lol. Pathetic just like your Dak hatred. Just be quiet!

not really
I said our WR trio was top 5 that’s why

bottom line is that we had one of the best WR groups for Dak to throw to so I’m not accepting the “too many dropped passes” excuse

We need to get better for Dak to perform even where we have surrounded him with top 5 talent?

that’s crazy

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Transition tag, no need for a franchise tag. He's asking for top dollar, what do the Cowboys have to lose? That's the perfect way to test the market with the option to match.

You're right Dak wants top dollar.

"I can confirm reports that QB Dak Prescott has, in fact, turned down 30M a year offer and is instead seeking 40M a year per source informed. #Cowboys"
- Jane Slater .

Dak learned from the zeke hold out . He will do the same and ask for 40M .

Flamma

Reaction score
You're right Dak wants top dollar.

"I can confirm reports that QB Dak Prescott has, in fact, turned down 30M a year offer and is instead seeking 40M a year per source informed. #Cowboys"
- Jane Slater .

Dak learned from the zeke hold out . He will do the same and ask for 40M .

If that's the case, the Transition tag would be the smartest option. Lets see what team offers him close to that. Anyone have any ideas?

Hadenough

Reaction score
It will only last for about 12 months. If that
Dak will be highly judged and scrutinized for as long as he is a Cowboy. The more he makes the worse the criticism will be until he proves he can carry this team.