Fish take on Dak's contract talk

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak will be highly judged and scrutinized for as long as he is a Cowboy. The more he makes the worse the criticism will be until he proves he can carry this team.
Im talking about him being the highest paid QB in the NFL.

Watson and Mahomes will make Prescott, Wentz and Goff look broke

Loso86

Reaction score
He’s not gonna be the highest paid QB
He’s gonna get signed under 35 which is Wilson money and soon to be probably not even top 5 money
That’s why he wants a shorter contract so he can cash in again in a few years
I hope your accurate my guy

fivetwos

Reaction score
put your money where your mouth is

find me 5 WR trios in the NFL 2019 that are better than ours

otherwise admit that Dak is mediocre
While you're at it find us 5 OL that are better in blocking for the guy.

So, he has to have top skill players and a top OL to miss the playoffs, but be paid as if he is elite.

I'm quite sure that point is why he isnt signed.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
\
Another off season of listening to this every day.

UGH!

Why dont you guys do the board a big favor and start a seperate page for Dak hate threads. Honestly............Its the same annoying 10 people posting the same dumb things over and over again.

How many threads do you see talking about how great Dak is? Not many.

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
While you're at it find us 5 OL that are better in blocking for the guy.

So, he has to have top skill players and a top OL to miss the playoffs, but be paid as if he is elite.

I'm quite sure that point is why he isnt signed.

Dak was #1 in the NFL in passing and led the #1 ranked offense in the NFL. He did his job better than anyone else on the roster. Defense, coaching, special teams, and Zeke idiot taking the first half of the season off was the issue.

And just so you know, Dak got paid a few million this year. LOL He was one of the best values in the NFL.

You trolls just love looking dumb dont you?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Dak may not get his $40 mil contract but he's already refused $35, according to some reports. I wouldn't be overly surprised if it's more than $35 mil and somewhat less than 40, however. He's already been a heck of a bargain for his first four years in the league. Maybe it's about time for him to finally get something in return for his patience?! Honestly, I'm a bit ashamed it's taken me this long to figure it out. In any case, we'll see.

Last edited:

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
This biggest take here IMO is we can probably say both sides are at $35M.

Didn't know the tag will be around $33M as Fish is reporting. Thought $27M was the number...

I believe the nonexclusive tag is $24m and the exclusive tag is $33.

Not sure why they would use the exclusive tag, I doubt any team is going to give up 2 first-round picks for Dak and pay him more than Dallas is willing to match.

Qcard

Reaction score

Didn't know the tag will be around $33M as Fish is reporting. Thought $27M was the number...
Didn't know...?? This has been known since training camp 2019 when Dak's floor was $28M

Plus simple revision of QB market history would let you know 2020 tag would be $31M-$33M

Post Mahomes will be $37M-$40M....

Pay Dak now

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
yes, a combination of Cooper, Gallup and Cobb is just not good enough LOL

stop it already
That is a top 5 trio in the NFL and if that’s not good enough, it’s on Dak

Could you image what Pretty Boy could do with a trio like that?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Damn greedy players nowadays suck!!!

First Tank, then Zeke, now Dak!?!?

Bunch of greedy jerks!
Not really, if you were selling your car which you felt was worth 15.000 and 1st guy offers you 7000 for it would you take it? Or would you
hold out for the 15 you thought it was worth?
These guys are basically selling themselves, and on top of that they have their greedy agents, and friends , family telling them what they are worth.
It is mostly a product of FA.

They also see what other players on other teams are getting, and market value etc.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
This whole thing started with a lowball offer of 25 mil a year for a long term contract by the jones boys, and that T off Dak and his agent,
Cheapo steven thought he could get a real deal , and now it has gone off the rails.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

I don't think it's 33 on None Exclusive Tag. I think it's 27 and change.

kskboys

Reaction score
This whole thing started with a lowball offer of 25 mil a year for a long term contract by the jones boys, and that T off Dak and his agent,
Cheapo steven thought he could get a real deal , and now it has gone off the rails.
25 is about where he should be. That's not a cheapo offer at all.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Heck the SB is tomorrow, then we have 3 weeks until the combine starts. Which is also about when they can start to tag FA's, until March 10th.
And almost 7 weeks from now until FA start around March 18th.

So a lot of stuff will fly between now and then, and there will be many of the same type of threads and posts.
I will just not concern myself over it until that time actually arrives. And even then I don't care, what happens, happens.

I am sure some QB will emerge from the combine that fans will want to draft if not in the 1st round, but the 2nd or 3rd as well. All before the tag is applied or he is signed.

Not only fans but the team better be riding that horse as well IMO. We have no viable option at Backup QB. We better be thinking about getting a QB who can play games for us if Dak doesn't return or goes down at some point. That's the smart move to me.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
25 is about where he should be. That's not a cheapo offer at all.
that is just your opinion based on your perception of his skill set and abilities.
That is not how it works, and even if it did others would place a different value on him, some lower some higher.
It really isnt about what he has done or not done, it is what you think the team can do with him as the starter.
The cowboys think they can do good, SB good, But really with your opinion of what he can do in future, he should
not be the starter, they should draft a rookie high. And let dak go, mediocre qb's are not hard to get so why are the jones
boys trying to keep him>?