Fisher: Cowboys Leadership Working With Jones On A Unified Anthem

TWOK11

Reaction score
Know huh? You have no idea how the plurality views this. And as I pointed out to you the protests in the 1960s and 2000s started off umpopular and change was enacted.

Because the protests made sense in context and forced change directly.

Apples to dump trucks

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
LOL "if any level at all"???? Wow.

Yeah, racism in this country is just about dead. No such thing as racial profiling from police officers, and nobody ever gets harassed or beaten by cops for being black.

The epitome of white privilege.

Show me examples of where this is a case of institutional racism that is prevalent today. Just because you say it's so, doesn't mean it is.

As much as I hate the way the Filando Castile situation went down, he wasn't killed because he was black. He was killed because he didn't pay attention to the officer telling for him to not reach for it 4 different times. The officer was actually hispanic and obviously found innocent in front of a jury.

As much as I hate the way Eric Garner's situation went down, he wasn't killed because he was black. He was killed because an officer was too impulsive and did a poor job.

Nobody is denying that there are no racists. And nobody here is for police brutality. But individual cases will always happen. Just like there can be black officers that are racists against white people and do illegal things to white people.

But as far as systemic and institutional racism, it's not prevalent. And until you can show me examples of it you've proved nothing other than you desperately revert to a 'white privilege' argument anytime you are losing an argument.

YR

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
For all your parsing of your cherry picked cases, it is not unfounded.

The moral equivalency of Kessler, Duke, and the Charlottesville protest organizers where someone died to NFL players taking a knee during a song is adorable.

I'm talking about the the White Nationalists protests that occurred the night before with the torches well before the following day when the violence broke out.

I found their protests to be misguided and disrespectful just like I find the protest of the National Anthem to be misguided and disrespectful.

But, people like yourself only find it okay to protest the country and symbols of the country when it suits your agenda.

YR

shabazz

Reaction score
If you left this board no one would care or notice. The NFL definitely doesn't care if you leave

No offense, you're a cool guy, but you're one guy.

No offense but its not just one guy. NFL Sponsor Boycott lists are in full affect as we speak. Consumers are already turning their backs on this sport AND the sponsors. The players will do as they wish BUT the consumers will bring the NFL to its knees as a response. The silent majority wont protest in the streets or put on masks and destroy and loot businesses; they will protest with their wallets. The most effective protest known to mankind

Nav22

Reaction score
Show me examples of where this is a case of institutional racism that is prevalent today. Just because you say it's so, doesn't mean it is.

As much as I hate the way the Filando Castile situation went down, he wasn't killed because he was black. He was killed because he didn't pay attention to the officer telling for him to not reach for it 4 different times. The officer was actually hispanic and obviously found innocent in front of a jury.

As much as I hate the way Eric Garner's situation went down, he wasn't killed because he was black. He was killed because an officer was too impulsive and did a poor job.

Nobody is denying that there are no racists. And nobody here is for police brutality. But individual cases will always happen. Just like there can be black officers that are racists against white people and do illegal things to white people.

But as far as systemic and institutional racism, it's not prevalent. And until you can show me examples of it you've proved nothing other than you desperately revert to a 'white privilege' argument anytime you are losing an argument.

YR
Quick google search found this....

Black motorists in Maryland are stopped and searched by police at higher rates than their white counterparts, despite being less likely in many jurisdictions to be found with illicit drugs or other contraband, according to statewide traffic stop data.

In Baltimore County, black drivers were targeted in 50 percent of reported traffic stops by county police and 53 percent of vehicle searches between 2013 and this year, according to data from the Maryland Statistical Analysis Center, despite black people making up just 27 percent of the county's population.

In Anne Arundel County, black motorists accounted for 29 percent of stops and 35 percent of searches. Black people make up just 16 percent of the population in Arundel.

In Howard County, black drivers were targeted in 37 percent of stops and 43 percent of searches, despite black people making up just 18 percent of the population. After being pulled over in Howard for seat belt violations — one of the most common offenses tracked — black motorists were 87 percent more likely than white motorists to be searched.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Because the protests made sense in context and forced change directly.

Apples to dump trucks

So what do you make of the Dodger's decision to integrate. That was 15 years until the civil rights act. These types of things in sports have a long and storied history. It's only one piece of the puzzle.

However given that the POTUS who panders to fascists and the KKK is denouncing it as well as the police unions who are the root of the problem, the context is proper and the right people are discussing it now more than before. Who knows what tomorrow will bring but your guesses are just wild ones with little to no basis. In fact they are in line with what people felt given previous civil rights protests.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
No offense but its not just one guy. NFL Sponsor Boycott lists are in full affect as we speak. Consumers are already turning their backs on this sport AND the sponsors. The players will do as they wish BUT the consumers will bring the NFL to its knees as a response. The silent majority wont protest in the streets or put on masks and destroy and loot businesses; they will protest with their wallets. The most effective protest known to mankind

Here's an article saying that NFL sponsors are doing nothing.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...uiet-donald-trump-boycott-20170925-story.html

All I am getting from your posts is that you cannot be taken at your word and anything you say needs to be verified.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Given that AA also commit violent crimes at a multiplier much higher than that, your statistic is effectively meaningless. Statistically, AA who commit crimes are killed at a LOWER RATE than whites who commit crimes.

Relatively speaking, among criminals you're less likely to be killed as a black man than a white man. Only as a percentage of the total population of both groups are blacks killed at a higher rate, simply because there are far fewer blacks than whites and a much larger percent commit crimes.

That fact doesn't help the truly innocent black men who are killed, but facts are cold and heartless.

And that's what most of us have been saying all along. The idea of there being systemic racism in law enforcement is a farce. Just like there being a gender wage gap is a farce. Sure, if you look at preliminary and incomplete data you can reach that conclusion to fit your agenda. But if you drill down further and truly investigate the data you see how misguided the interpretation of that preliminary, incomplete data is.

YR

Proof

Reaction score
When you say "unarmed" you are trying to paint a false picture of "hands up don't shoot." But when someone like Michael Brown is pummeling an officer in his own police car, I have no problem with lethal force being used in defense of that officer's life.

Enjoy the luxury of being on the sidelines with your safe computer while other men and women put their lives on the line to defend your safety.

Did he say Michael brown? No. He said unarmed. You brought your own bias and projection to the conversation. There are numerous examples and it’s bigger then one case or example. That’s the point. You don’t know anything about me. Literally nothing and again jump to conclusions and paint with an uninformed brush. That’s telling. I know everything I need to or care to know about you because you can’t help yourself. All good though, the biggest benefit to this ugliness is folks raising their hands and advertising instead of whispering in the shadows.

Proof

Reaction score
But again, there's no correlation between the protest and the cause. There is no scenario in which laws or law enforcement policies change because Von Miller kneeled during the national anthem before a football game.

All this is doing is harming the NFL brand, lowering TV ratings and ultimately if sustained will decrease future player salaries when TV revenue declines. Those who agree with the protests already agreed with the cause, but many of those who disagree or previously didn't care now have a cause to dig in and defy what they perceive as anti-American sentiment. And ultimately the latter group is much larger, holds more political power and this will do nothing but hurt the cause further because of that.

This is a really simplistic idea of how protesting and social movements in general work though. It’s a chain reaction. Kap started this last year, we’re discussing it now, the president is weighing in now. The conversation is on going and what/who it sparks is to be determined.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Stupid President. Stupid Electorate.

You're in the land of the free and the home of the stupid. We elected a gameshow host to run the free world. It's not stupid, it's fact.
and it was the better choice, dont forget who he beat!!

TWOK11

Reaction score
Was Tamir Rice made up?

A tragedy to be sure, but at no point was there any indication or evidence that had it been a white child in an identical situation the outcome would have been different. The police (one with a history of mental illness) thought he had a real gun, a toy which in fact DID look real, and he DID reach for it. Ultimately, the decision was to wait and see if he shot at them or do what they did.

That decision is why I'm not a police officer, because I don't want my survival instinct to possibly cost an innocent person their life.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
Or the fact that it was perceived as 'okay' to condemn the White Nationalists for marching with torches in Charlottesville in their protest against the government for tearing down the Lee statue...but, it's not okay to show the same criticism to the NFL and its players for protesting the country.

Both groups have done the same thing...they have disrespected the country and I have no problem vigorously criticizing them for doing so.

YR

Careful now, some may interpret this as moral equivalency of ***** and America hating communists.