Twitter: Fisher: Glazer: Dak not going anywhere, not asking for $40M

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Fair skepticism but Stephen, McClay and Jerry built a formidable team for Romo around Romo's record breaking contract.

It makes it harder...but I think Dak's draft pick if deal is complete makes the pick arguably the greatest ever along side Romo's free agent signing.

We just need the 3rd equal branch to function competently... Coaching
Problem with that is can Dak elevate those around him like Romo did with Miles Austin and Laurence Robinson who had their career numbers while with Dallas and Romo.

Romo only really had the luxury of an All Pro OL, League leading RB and WR1 together one season in 2014 and came within (a catch that wasn’t) from our 1st championship appearance in two decades.

Too bad we never fielded that combination together again.

I’d argue that was our best offensive team since the 90’s. One that was as close to championship caliber as we’ve had. Unfortunately Romo wasn’t afforded that caliber of Elite supporting cast throughout his career.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dak will get paid and I feel he should. I do think with a big pay day comes higher expectations. I have said that about every player the Cowboys have paid top money too. With it comes greater expectation and it will be up to Dak to show he is worth it. I have no doubts about his work ethic or desire to be the best QB.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Well, Fish, Glazer,............. WHAT THE HELL DOES HE WANT????????

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Every QB needs a good supporting cast. It’s what they do with it when they have it which separates the greater QB’s from the rest.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
And those same experts said the same thing about DLaw wanting to be the highest-paid defensive player (lol). I don't blame fans/posters. It's the damn social media/talk shows inflaming every neg angle they can.
Did you see this one Hawk?
NFL Insider Predicts Cowboys' Byron Jones Will Become League's Highest-Paid Cornerback

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The general consensus appears to be to sign Dak. Let’s pay him what he wants and let the chips fall where they may.

Let’s see if our SB caliber HC and newly signed Elite QB can carry this franchise to a SB without possibly all of the supporting cast an average QB would normally be able to afford.

cowboyec

Reaction score
like the great Capt Jack Sparrow said....take what you can,give nothing back.

i break my back sling'n a mop for chump change....I say to Dak....get all you can get while you can young man....and be smart w/it.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dak will get paid and I feel he should. I do think with a big pay day comes higher expectations. I have said that about every player the Cowboys have paid top money too. With it comes greater expectation and it will be up to Dak to show he is worth it. I have no doubts about his work ethic or desire to be the best QB.
30 mil is "getting paid".

Honestly, how do you guys equate "getting paid" as getting more than the last man? I don't get this way of thinking. Reeks of extreme greed and short sightedness.

Wilson "got paid" and is now suffering because of it. He just complained this year about not having enough around him. His contract is a big reason why.

kskboys

Reaction score
Did you see this one Hawk?
NFL Insider Predicts Cowboys' Byron Jones Will Become League's Highest-Paid Cornerback
If it's us who pays him, we're done. That means we'll have way too much money tied up in 4 players. Can't win super bowls that way.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
30 mil is "getting paid".

Honestly, how do you guys equate "getting paid" as getting more than the last man? I don't get this way of thinking. Reeks of extreme greed and short sightedness.

Wilson "got paid" and is now suffering because of it. He just complained this year about not having enough around him. His contract is a big reason why.
The NFL is becoming an individual gratuity sport like the NBA and MLB . The big talents get paid and about 90% of the league is closer to minimum wage.

The greater in talent those big names are you pay the better shot you have of building around them as they can elevate or carry more weight.

Over paying less than Elite talent though is a franchise killer.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
If it's us who pays him, we're done. That means we'll have way too much money tied up in 4 players. Can't win super bowls that way.
Not if they let Coop walk. Of the two, Dallas needs to keep Jones.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL......Like I said in another thread, Dak's going need some thick skin once his deal is signed. It's going to get ugly, brutal and downright nasty at times. I hope he's ready.......

From what I've heard, the origination of the "$40 million" quote was simply an agent response to the Cowboys initial lowball offer of $25 million a year. When they received that offer from the Cowboys, they were rightly angered and decided to "float the rumor" that he was looking for $40 million. It was retaliation, nothing they ever seriously asked for.

conner01

Reaction score
I was reading the Yahoo article that said he turned down $33M and decided to peek in on the 8000+ comments. The first 25-30 ALL said he didn't deserve it or was worth that kind of money. Wed think he one of the most polarized Cowboy player in recent history now. IMO ONLY a Super Bowl will the slow the attacks he's going receive.
Fans will be nasty but I don’t expect negotiations between team and Dak to be

Kaiser

Reaction score
And those same experts said the same thing about DLaw wanting to be the highest-paid defensive player (lol). I don't blame fans/posters. It's the damn social media/talk shows inflaming every neg angle they can.

And Zeke after that. It always ends being market rate and ends up getting done at the deadline, but the real money is in spitting out clickbait for the fans.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Most of the teams we see coming up now winning championships are because their key talent are still on their Rookie contracts with rare exception like with Pats and Brady.

We’ve seen it time and time again. The Cowboys best window for success with Dak and Zeke has passed. We’ll be chasing that for the duration of their careers here.

conner01

Reaction score
Hope so.

I want to shake Dak, and tell him: "Dak, you can retire on 30 mil. Get those figures out of your head and take around 30 so we can have a shot at a super bowl. Don't listen to the m orons who think this is some stupid contest about who is making more. It doesn't matter even a little bit what someone else makes."
No player takes a discount on his first negotiated contract
The next one he might but even guys like Brady who took a team friendly deal later didn’t on the first one