Twitter: Fisher: Glazer: Dak not going anywhere, not asking for $40M

Section446

Reaction score
I never believed that he was asking for $40 million, his team is smarter than that.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly, and there is a strong argument that Goff was a product of McVay's system.

I'm in that camp. I think that rushing to extend him will come back to bite them, and ultimately cost that GM his job, along with that trade for Jalen Ramsey and now having to pay him whatever he wants. The Gurley deal already has. The smart thing they did was to front load it and give themselves an out a few years from now.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I don't care if he's asking for $40 million or "only" $36-38 million. That's a lot of money for a QB that hasn't done anything more than win a division title.

Yes, it takes a supporting cast - QBs don't win championships on their own - but a huge QB contract only makes that a harder task. I'm skeptical.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So the argument is he should play for below market salaries or get trashed by the fans. Golly gee, I wonder why he didn't do that.
He should be paid for his talent level. Which to Jerry and Stephens credit is in the mid 20 million range. Which would place him in the Brees( 22 million) to Wilson(26 million ) range.

Here’s a full list
https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/2019/

StuckMojo

Reaction score
OK...

I don't have the energy to explain it to you right now.
Nothing to explain. We moved from a running team to a passing team this year and we missed the playoffs. Dak couldn’t score against good teams until they would play softer with a big lead. Him wanting Wilson money or more is laughable.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Here is the grand total of playoff stats for Carson Wentz:

4 pass attempts for 1 completion.
But he led the Egirls to 11 or 12 wins and home field before going down playing at MVP level setting the table for Foles .

If you don’t believe Wentz is a greater talent and passer than Dak then we’ll just have to disagree. Carson’s downfall has been durability.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nothing to explain. We moved from a running team to a passing team this year and we missed the playoffs. Dak couldn’t score against good teams until they would play softer with a big lead. Him wanting Wilson money or more is laughable.

As is your clearly misguided and agenda-driven interpretation of events.

Truly "laughable".

:laugh:

Kaiser

Reaction score
He should be paid for his talent level. Which to Jerry and Stephens credit is in the mid 20 million range. Which would place him in the Brees( 22 million) to Wilson(26 million ) range.

Here’s a full list

Wilson got 65 Million just to sign that contract and 107 is guaranteed but its for 140 Million total - which is 35 Million a year. That actually is the benchmark for Dak but the money will probably be structured in a way that's more favorable to the Cowboys than the Seahawks deal.

Kaiser

Reaction score
But he led the Egirls to 11 or 12 wins and home field before going down playing at MVP level setting the table for Foles .

If you are arguing that Dak shouldn't get paid because he hasn't taken the team to the Super Bowl, you can't bring Wentz into the conversation. And Wentz got 32 Million a year with 27 Million a year guaranteed.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Wilson got 65 Million just to sign that contract and 107 is guaranteed but its for 140 Million total - which is 35 Million a year. That actually is the benchmark for Dak but the money will probably be structured in a way that's more favorable to the Cowboys than the Seahawks deal.
Cousins 29 million would be the high end I’d offer Dak. Here’s the list of salaries

ShortRound

Reaction score
From what I've heard, the origination of the "$40 million" quote was simply an agent response to the Cowboys initial lowball offer of $25 million a year. When they received that offer from the Cowboys, they were rightly angered and decided to "float the rumor" that he was looking for $40 million. It was retaliation, nothing they ever seriously asked for.

I think Fort Worth star telegram stated yesterday, Dak was looking for Wilson money. So 35m+

Qcard

Reaction score
Elevating the talent around him. That means they’re best individual production was with Romo. Not sure how much clearer I can state that. That doesn’t mean it cumulated into championships. Lol
Fair enough but since I am on Dak hater slaughter fest allow me to ask....Are those the same garbage stats Dak was accused of accumulating?:facepalm:

Last time I checked Romo had a putrid record against Playoff teams which happened to "winning teams":huh:

Romo’s best supporting cast and teams were in 2007 and 2014. You may not care but it matters and why those teams came closer to breaking thru.

Now I would add if we had Bill coaching those teams our chances would have increased .
I Disagree and Agree....

Garrett could have the most talented team...but he was game time putrid and never knew how to handle injuries to starters.

Parcells retired but he could have gotten the best out of any roster

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If you are arguing that Dak shouldn't get paid because he hasn't taken the team to the Super Bowl, you can't bring Wentz into the conversation. And Wentz got 32 Million a year with 27 Million a year guaranteed.
That’s not what I said . I said the fact their teams went to a Super Bowl is more favorable to them . And if Dak had reached one then I think it would have strengthened his leverage.

Wentz led the Egirls to the brink. I’m not sure Foles gets them home field. Wentz deserves that credit. He was playing at a MVP level before going down.

Ultimately it’s about talent level along with production.