Twitter: Fisher: Glazer: Dak not going anywhere, not asking for $40M

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Fort Worth star telegram stated yesterday, Dak was looking for Wilson money. So 35m+

That's the indications Fisher's latest gives as well, stating "mid $30 million a year", simple math puts "mid" at 5.

I say that if he wants $35 million a year, I want years as a compromise, at least four and possibly five. That means he gets more guaranteed and the team saves more on the backend when the salaries continue to explode.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes. Just don’t think Dak deserves Wilson type money. If he gets it I will pull hard for him like I do every game.

Well that's good anyway.

I won't argue that none of them deserve money like that in this world, but that is the market, and if the owners aren't paying the players, they're pocketing it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Fair enough but since I am on Dak hater slaughter fest allow me to ask....Are those the same garbage stats Dak was accused of accumulating?:facepalm:

Last time I checked Romo had a putrid record against Playoff teams which happened to "winning teams":huh:

I Disagree and Agree....

Garrett could have the most talented team...but he was game time putrid and never knew how to handle injuries to starters.

Parcells retired but he could have gotten the best out of any roster
We’d have to go back and research but I’d suspect Romo put up bigger numbers against winning teams than Dak has, at least recently .

This year for example we only averaged 15 points a game in our 8 losses including 3 games not even scoring a TD. And zero games overcoming a 7 point or more deficit.

Now we rolled in our 8 wins rolling up averaging 35 points a game. Too bad we don’t have more than 4 games against Wash and NY.

Kaiser

Reaction score
That's the indications Fisher's latest gives as well, stating "mid $30 million a year", simple math puts "mid" at 5.

I say that if he wants $35 million a year, I want years as a compromise, at least four and possibly five. That means he gets more guaranteed and the team saves more on the backend when the salaries continue to explode.

That's exactly how Zeke's contract played out, a high number for the player but a favorable structure for the team. IMO we know how this story ends, we just don't know when.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Chad Hutchinson is still available.
It’s ok to say “ someone”. The Fear Factor is just that. Any name we throw out the slobberers will just dissect them.

The bigger point is there’s probably several journeyman QB available in FA with similar talent level of Prescott who could come into this offense and potentially have more success than previously for a more team friendly salary .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You don't pay QBs for what their backups did.
I understand but do you do pay for them for what they did. You do recall the level he was playing at leading them to home field advantage. Carson was a part of that SB team. He has a Ring.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's exactly how Zeke's contract played out, a high number for the player but a favorable structure for the team. IMO we know how this story ends, we just don't know when.

It seems like it. I see two options.
  1. A shorter term deal for a little less than $35 million (say $33 million a year) that allows Prescott and his agent to hit that next contract sooner
  2. A longer term deal that gives him the $35 million he's looking for and the longer terms the Cowboys are looking for.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I understand but do you do pay for them for what they did. You do recall the level he was playing at leading them to home field advantage. Carson was a part of that SB team. He has a Ring.

If you are his agent you pick and chose the good while ignoring the bad. After he signed that contract he completely wussed out in his playoff start. "What he did" includes the good and the bad.

ESisback

Reaction score
Hope so.

I want to shake Dak, and tell him: "Dak, you can retire on 30 mil. Get those figures out of your head and take around 30 so we can have a shot at a super bowl. Don't listen to the m orons who think this is some stupid contest about who is making more. It doesn't matter even a little bit what someone else makes."

Put that on a T-Shirt, brutha!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If you are his agent you pick and chose the good while ignoring the bad. After he signed that contract he completely wussed out in his playoff start. "What he did" includes the good and the bad.
Who really believes Prescott should be paid more than Wilson ? Surely don’t believe he’s more talented than Wilson?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don’t blame Dak. Jerry will cave eventually cause he has no leverage or alternatives as usual.

And why shouldn’t he maximize his contract. It’s not like Jerry’s going to build a championship team around him anyway. Get your money dude. Screw Jerry.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dak will put butts in the seats and sell a ton of jerseys. The fans love him. We aren’t winning any championships anyway. Get your money dude. Screw Jerry. We’ll dump you at some point.
Business first !!

Creeper

Reaction score
Really? The football experts on this board was able to make me believe that he wanted to be highest paid QB. I am disappointed now.

The article says he wants mid-30s. $35 million would make him the highest paid QB in the league, with Russell Wilson.