News: Fisher: Jerry Plans 'Home-Run Hire' at Coach, 'Swing For Fences' - Anonymous NFL Owner

Sheepherder

Reaction score
This year is going to be awesome.

Here is the problem:
Jerry has underwhelmed us so much with his talk and actions, that it is really difficult to expect anything stupendous from him.
I am in a wait and see posture at this point.
Don't tell me, show me...

Here is the problem:
Jerry has underwhelmed us so much with his talk and actions, that it is really difficult to expect anything stupendous from him.
Anything said after multiple shots of Johnny Walker Blue or cheapo 7-11 wine should be discounted and in one ear and out the other.

Here is the problem:
Unfortunately, I have to agree.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
It’s Mike Fisher but interesting comment from another NFL owner.

FRISCO - Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones vows that his organization is "all in'' toward trying to win big in 2024. And he has at least one high-powered and high-profile colleague who believes him - at least when it comes to Dallas' search for a new defensive coordinator to replace Dan Quinn.

"Watch him,'' a fellow NFL owner tells CowboysSI.com on the condition of anonymity. "Jerry wants a home-run hire. He's swinging for the fences here.''

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...ce-belichick-carroll-martindale-zimmer-vribal
So your all-in, swing for the fences is at DC. Not head coach. Not high prices FA. Just a DC that will have minimal impact on the issues with this team.

zekecowboy

Reaction score
I'm assuming we get a retread but next year MM is fired and we have to start over anyway. So whoever we hire could very well be one and done.
Depends on the length of the contract. Jerry does not like to pay off coaches.

zekecowboy

Reaction score
It’s Mike Fisher but interesting comment from another NFL owner.

FRISCO - Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones vows that his organization is "all in'' toward trying to win big in 2024. And he has at least one high-powered and high-profile colleague who believes him - at least when it comes to Dallas' search for a new defensive coordinator to replace Dan Quinn.

"Watch him,'' a fellow NFL owner tells CowboysSI.com on the condition of anonymity. "Jerry wants a home-run hire. He's swinging for the fences here.''

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...ce-belichick-carroll-martindale-zimmer-vribal
Bill and Steve Belichick

Steve Belichick​

The Hoodie’s son is well regarded among league insiders as being a potential coaching star. Perhaps Dallas looks in this direction to see if they could catch Shanahan-style lightning in a bottle, but on defense.

USATSI_22160171.jpg

CWR

Reaction score
It's going to be boring failed retread Rivera or boring failed retread Zimmer. Either one will set this franchise back several years and get fired in less than 3 years.
One thing you don't have to worry about is a long tenure with this hire. If this season goes south we'll have a whole new staff.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
It's going to be boring failed retread Rivera or boring failed retread Zimmer. Either one will set this franchise back several years and get fired in less than 3 years.
nothing else to say here!!!!!!!! Facts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SwagSurfer

Reaction score
A home run hire for a 1 year rental? Ehh I guess. Put that energy into the HC hire for 2025.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I would say that the new defensive coordinator , would be someone who would be promised the head coaching position .So look for a coach who could takeover for McCarthy if things go south for Dallas in 2024.
THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!