Fisher saying Cowboys have pick 50 earmarked for Earl Thomas

aria

Reaction score
We get ET we go to Suuuuuuuuuuuper Bowl! Mark it.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
This fanbase, like the front office, values draft picks waay too much.

Yall were ok with drafting guys like Jaylon Smith, Bruce Carter, Gavin Escobar, Randy Gregory, and trading it away for a scrub like Claiborne, but dont want to trade it for the best Safety in the game.

We havent had a safety this good, probably ever (Woody was probably slightly better) yet fans are valuing the 50th pick. SMH

Aven8

Reaction score
Who could they draft in tha second round who would be better for the next 3 years than ET? They've made no picks in the past 20 drafts that prove that they could draft this person even if he were there.

You never know. Picks are like gold today. Worth a fortune. When the Saints traded their 1st next year they said it was like giving a 2 today.

Players, even at his skill don't go for picks that high anymore unless they are a QB or Sam Bradford! Lol

Big_D

Reaction score
Just odd that Seattle doesn’t want to keep him and 30 other teams aren’t interested?? Just the Cowboys? Teams are trading all over the draft and not one team biting on Earl Thomas?

bark

Reaction score
Think we will wait and see if one of our main targets (Sutton/Hernandez/Daniels) falls in range. If so I bet we move up to get them. If not, more likely they pull of the Thomas trade
This may be the strategy

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This fanbase, like the front office, values draft picks waay too much.

Yall were ok with drafting guys like Jaylon Smith, Bruce Carter, Gavin Escobar, Randy Gregory, and trading it away for a scrub like Claiborne, but dont want to trade it for the best Safety in the game.

We havent had a safety this good, probably ever (Woody was probably slightly better) yet fans are valuing the 50th pick. SMH
It makes sense that fans like the idea of star potential as opposed to a player that's 30.

But for me like I stated above, ET if he is still the same ET was worth the 19th pick. He's worth the 50th pick. That's not the argument here. The argument is that the Seahawks have no leverage to even get a 2nd rounder for him.

He's 29.
He will be a free agent.
He wants to be the highest paid safety in the league.
He wants to come to Dallas.
They have no leverage.
There is no market for ET. No one is trading a 2nd round pick for a one year rental especially when he's stated he wants to come to Dallas.

Factor in all of this? They should be lucky to even get a 3rd rounder from us. I'd rather just wait until next year to get him if we have to trade a 2nd rounder. There is enough talent that can come in and help this team in the 2nd and 3rd round. Even the 4th.

erod

Reaction score
Dallas will wait until #50, and if a high-prized player is still there, they'll take him. Then, they'll offer the 3rd and 4th and something else for Thomas.

If their most valued guys are picked over at #50, they will give Seattle that pick so they can draft three players in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Just odd that Seattle doesn’t want to keep him and 30 other teams aren’t interested?? Just the Cowboys? Teams are trading all over the draft and not one team biting on Earl Thomas?
That's another thing. They have no one coming to the plate to get him. I think a big reason for it is because he needs a new contract. No one should be trading a 2nd rounder for a one year rental that's 29 years old.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
I'm fine with Earl Thomas. I'd rather pick at 50 though. Ok with either, but a 29 year old safety fighting injuries the last 2 years probably is only going to get worse on the injury front. Still, Thomas for 8-12 games is a difference maker, and the Cowboys 2nd round has been a nightmare for a decade or more

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dallas will wait until #50, and if a high-prized player is still there, they'll take him. Then, they'll offer the 3rd and 4th and something else for Thomas.

If their most valued guys are picked over at #50, they will give Seattle that pick so they can draft three players in the 3rd and 4th rounds.
What guys do you think they consider "high prized" at that spot? I know they like Hernandez but he's not falling that far. They like Sutton....does he make it that far? That seems a stretch too.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Yeah, tell Seattle to take a hike!!

That 2nd round pick is definitely worth getting bounced from the playoffs again by Rodgers, or Ryan, or Wentz, or Foles.

Jipper

Reaction score

we will see....a lot depends on how the first 10 picks of the round fall....if guys start slipping then stand pat.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
He's arguably the best FS in the game. has been either 1st team or 2nd team all pro every yr of his career except 2015 which he broke his leg.
And if factoring in his playoff appearances he's amassed 3/4 of an additional playing year,Too!(12)
nobody of reasoning is gonna dismiss/ discount the possibilities of an acquisition like this straight out, but, boy howdy , the deep water non swimmers are gonna say, he's fixing to lame out on us 6 months after that guaranteed high-dollar three-year contract is signed,, while the waterfall barrel riders are squalling 'yee-haw' bouncing thru the whitewater rapids,,,,I say you shake the ju-ju bag and cast the contents upon the spread out skin & actually read what them play pretty actually tell you,,,,,1) he'll come with a high sticker price/condition: as is.
2 ) instant awesome upgrade of professional tutelage to be imparted,with unknown mileage remaining.

* you can only pack so many casted 'play prettys' in yer' totem sack ,fellerso_O