Fisher saying Cowboys have pick 50 earmarked for Earl Thomas

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
It makes sense that fans like the idea of star potential as opposed to a player that's 30.

But for me like I stated above, ET if he is still the same ET was worth the 19th pick. He's worth the 50th pick. That's not the argument here. The argument is that the Seahawks have no leverage to even get a 2nd rounder for him.

He's 29.
He will be a free agent.
He wants to be the highest paid safety in the league.
He wants to come to Dallas.
They have no leverage.
There is no market for ET. No one is trading a 2nd round pick for a one year rental especially when he's stated he wants to come to Dallas.

Factor in all of this? They should be lucky to even get a 3rd rounder from us. I'd rather just wait until next year to get him if we have to trade a 2nd rounder. There is enough talent that can come in and help this team in the 2nd and 3rd round. Even the 4th.
I can agree with that, but youre leaving out the possibility that the Seahawks may keep him, and sign him long term themselves

Aven8

Reaction score
Our 2nd round picks always suck...I'm cool with it...our picks later on are too valuable. lol.

Awuzi only sucked because he had a bad hammy. I'm hoping that dude is a stud.

What if you can get a Hernandez, Washington, or Geisiki here? My mouth is watering.....

erod

Reaction score
What guys do you think they consider "high prized" at that spot? I know they like Hernandez but he's not falling that far. They like Sutton....does he make it that far? That seems a stretch too.

Those two, Daniels, and probably Anthony Miller or James Washington.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I can agree with that, but youre leaving out the possibility that the Seahawks may keep him, and sign him long term themselves
I think if that was a option though wouldn't they have done it? Also, they are rebuilding the defense....I think if they wanted to keep him there wouldn't even be any talks to begin with. But I think trade talks have been pretty much confirmed.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

What if you can get a Hernandez, Washington, or Geisiki here? My mouth is watering.....
Man I know it was a small sample size but I liked what Chido did last year.

Aven8

Reaction score
Man I know it was a small sample size but I liked what Chido did last year.

I do too. Throw in the fantastic year that Lewis had, where he looked like a three year vet, and the up and coming Woods and Frazier and the future looks bright! Especially with Richard as their new coach.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
He is the best to ever play the position. Undisputed. He is worth two 1st rounders. This is a steal. You have to act.
Go back to yer' Commanders wigwam of fandom you ROWDY dandylad,,, or SHUT UP! cuz' the adults are talking :rolleyes:

* no,,seriously, yer' input is meaninglesso_O

robbieruff

Reaction score

I understand your point but you have to admit our 2nd rounders have been pretty snake bit historically (Awuzie and Sean Lee notwithstanding)...for me it comes down to window...if getting ET puts us immediately in the championship chase, I am doing it despite the age issue. If you believe, however, that the net impact of signing him is negligible and that we're still a couple years away before challenging, then yeah...keep the pick and wait for him (or someone else) to become a FA. I am just VERY worried that we ride with Heath or an untested Woods as full-time FS (not to mentioned having Frazier not yet ready to step up at SS). Stated another way, if we putz around and don't address a known (potential) gaping whole in the D and that is the difference between us winning and losing next year, I call major B.S. on that. I am tired of us standing pat with "our guys" given the opportunity to get aggressive and seize the opportunity window (i.e., with Dak and Zeke on rookie deals).

That stated, I agree we go Guard or DT in round 2 if we keep it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I do too. Throw in the fantastic year that Lewis had, where he looked like a three year vet, and the up and coming Woods and Frazier and the future looks bright! Especially with Richard as their new coach.
Yeah if they all fall off like Anthony Brown did....I'm going to be incredibly hurt.

Aven8

Reaction score
I understand your point but you have to admit our 2nd rounders have been pretty snake bit historically (Awuzie and Sean Lee notwithstanding)...for me it comes down to window...if getting ET puts us immediately in the championship chase, I am doing it despite the age issue. If you believe, however, that the net impact of signing him is negligible and that we're still a couple years away before challenging, then yeah...keep the pick and wait for him (or someone else) to become a FA. I am just VERY worried that we ride with Heath or an untested Woods as full-time FS (not to mentioned having Frazier not yet ready to step up at SS). Stated another way, if we putz around and don't address a known (potential) gaping whole in the D and that is the difference between us winning and losing next year, I call major B.S. on that. I am tired of us standing pat with "our guys" given the opportunity to get aggressive and seize the opportunity window (i.e., with Dak and Zeke on rookie deals).

That stated, I agree we go Guard or DT in round 2 if we keep it.

I want Earl as well. The dude is a stud. But we still have to pay Dlaw and Zach. If Jerry was running things I could see it, but it would be totally out of character to give up a 2nd now for a 29 year old, even if he's the best in pro football. This regime loves players under 25.

Aven8

Reaction score
Yeah if they all fall off like Anthony Brown did....I'm going to be incredibly hurt.

Hopefully he turns it around as well with Richard. If he does we're loaded in the secondary.

Stryker44

Reaction score
Go back to yer' Commanders wigwam of fandom you ROWDY dandylad,,, or SHUT UP! cuz' the adults are talking :rolleyes:

* no,,seriously, yer' input is meaninglesso_O

FACT: Earl Thomas is the BEST member of the Legion of Boom. The best secondary to ever play in the NFL. Undisputed!

gmoney112

Reaction score
I want Earl as well. The dude is a stud. But we still have to pay Dlaw and Zach. If Jerry was running things I could see it, but it would be totally out of character to give up a 2nd now for a 29 year old, even if he's the best in pro football. This regime loves players under 25.

They're probably tired of losing to GB when one play would have meant a playoff run

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Smh......dumb move. Love the player, but he's 29. Give them a 3rd or 4th and nothing more.
What’s the difference between a 2nd and 3rd in this scenario? If there’s a guy we like we have plenty of ammunition to move up.