Twitter: Fisher: Teams plan to call Cowboys on Taco Charlton trade ideas

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Only a 1st pick would do. Okay fine i will take a late 7th rounder just help me.

fansince68

Reaction score
How does he know that teams "plan" to call the cowboys? Do teams "plan" to call the cowboys about Byron Jones? Why would they plan to do so? Is Jerry's phone off the hook? Why not call today?

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
As long as Jerry knows he will not receive anything good to hit, every pitch will be low and away. Sometimes it's best to just take the walk and hope that the runner advances.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
What would you do if you had invested a 1st round pick for someone who has yet to prove himself, at least somewhat due to injury? Regardless of what the popular opinion of Charlton is, or may be, the Dallas FO isn't likely to accept little or nothing for one who might ultimately prove himself to be worth more than what most teams would be willing to offer. Taco will probably remain a Dallas DE until this season proves him, without a doubt, drastically undesirable. I think this season will be his make-it or break-it last chance to prove himself worthy of keeping, barring being traded or cut.

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
Unless we can get a 2nd round pick for him then let him stay this season and see what he does

Anything less than a 2nd is too much of a loss he was a first rounder and were not getting a first for him so that’s already a loss so second or keep him

Third rounder and I send him packing.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I haven't really scouted 6th round prospects...who is available?

Seriously, I would think his trade value is at an all-time low. Give him another year (possibly to the trade deadline) to show something.