Twitter: Fisher: Teams plan to call Cowboys on Taco Charlton trade ideas

TwentyOne

Reaction score
We would not have gotten what the Chiefs gave up for Clark. D_Law needed surgery and would not get it done until he had a new deal, teams are not going to give away what KC did in that situation!

Who knows. But even for the chiefs 1st rounder we would have made a great deal.

But from what i have read the chiefs were very interessted in him.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I haven't really scouted 6th round prospects...who is available?

Seriously, I would think his trade value is at an all-time low. Give him another year (possibly to the trade deadline) to show something.
  1. https://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/college/Texas_logo.gif Charles Omenihu, DE, Texas
    Height: 6-5. Weight: 280. Arm: 36.50. Hand: 9.50.
    40 Time: 4.92. 10-Yd: 1.71. Three Cone: 7.48.
    Vertical: 36.5. Broad: 9-7.
    Projected Round (2019): 4-6.
    4/20/19: Omenihu put together a quality senior year for the Longhorns, recording 45 tackles with 18 tackles for a loss, 9.5 sacks and two passes batted. He totaled four sacks as a junior with 3.5 as a sophomore. He had 55 tackles over those two seasons. Team sources say that Omenihu could be a solid backup defensive end who eventually works himself into being a starter.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unless we can get a 2nd round pick for him then let him stay this season and see what he does

Anything less than a 2nd is too much of a loss he was a first rounder and were not getting a first for him so that’s already a loss so second or keep him
Ah, the sunk cost fallacy. That first-round pick is long gone and has no bearing on what we get out of him or get for him at this point.

CWR

Reaction score
No point in trading him now. His value is crap and we will only get low ball offers. We are better off holding our breath and hoping he develops.

kskboys

Reaction score
Why is it this team can't put togehter an 8 man rotation along the D-line and keep it going? :rolleyes:
Because we don't understand what makes DL's successful, either personal skillset or the blueprint for the entire DL. Our interior is loaded w/ tall gangly DT's who get pushed around at the worst times and DE's who have issues.

kskboys

Reaction score
A 5th...a 6th...whatever we can get. Take the cap relief (hopefully) and run. He's a typical enabled clown from University of Michigan. They have a list of high draft pick busts a mile long over the years. Brady is one of the best QB's ever (some would argue THE best) but he was a 6th rounder. N.England caught lightning in a bottle and have admitted as much. Back to my point: high drafted Wolverine players have serious attitude issues on a consistent basis. Charlton joins guys like J. Peppers (Browns) and

You could be right. I doubt it but it's possible. Thing is, the guy is arrogant and selfish IMHO. I don't trust him but I also said that about Lawrence at one point and was dead wrong. So...we will see. I don't think they'll trade him the more I ponder it. He COULD blossom like you say and then what would they have to show for it..a 4th or 5th rounder? No, they'll hold on one more year, mostly because Gregory is suspended again.
He's not arrogant and selfish. Where did you get that poor assessment from?

Xavier187

Reaction score
U gotta use Taco as a package piece to move up.
Like a 2nd and taco for a higher 2nd rounder
Or
A 3rd and Taco for a lower 3rd.

You could even try and make bigger deals with more picks to move up.

Tou wouldnt just teade taco and get a pick . It would be a 4th at the most. And most likely a 2020 pick.

But as a package deal it would be more enticing to teams

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I'll take it! I don't know what you're offering, but yes!
:laugh:
I don't know why but your post reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Kramer is suing the coffee company. A company executive presents settlement to Kramer, "We're prepared to offer you all the free coffee you want at any of our stores throughout North America and in Europe plus …" and Kramer jumps up and says, "I'll take it!" :laugh:

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Honestly...If we were looking to move him right now....I wouldn't take less that a 4th for him. then your looking @ guys like...

Anthony Nelson DE Iowa
Jalen Jelks OLB Oregon
Jordan Brailford DE Oklahoma St.
Justin Hollins OLB Oregon
Porter Gustin OLB USC
Maxx Crosby OLB E. Michigan
John Cominsky DE Charleston

Or, the Cowboys could take that extra fourth they could get from trading Taco and, instead of taking one of these guys, trade it and number 58 to move up a bit for a difference maker that slides within striking distance.

Big_D

Reaction score
I can't see more than a 5th if anyone is interested. Someone is throwing a load of crap to see what sticks.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Saw him working hard in the off-season. I think he's due for a breakout year. I wouldn't trade him.
Agreed.

Becuz of their beliefs in Irvin and Gregory..

they slowed Taco down.

Now they see we're they went wrong and he will play alot.

I say move him inside with Quinn and Tank or move Tank inside and Taco outside on snaps and get our past pass rush going.

Rush Van Der Esch and Lee up the middle on blitzes.

It's time we get away from Marinelli's predictable DL calling.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Even if trading him helps us to move up spots in the 2nd round it would be worth it
Absolutely.

Clutching failed draft picks to your chest is not going to pay off. It is extremely rare that a guy who struggles mightily the first couple years in his career just suddenly breaks out and kills it.

And before someone says he is like Lawrence, just stop it before you completely embarrass yourself. Lawrence notched eight sacks in his second year.

Look at our last few busts like Carpenter and Claiborne. Carpenter should have been gone after his third year, hung onto him for four, then shipped him off for Alex Barron. Claiborne was allowed to leave in FA and we got zero out of that.

Even a low round pick is better than nothing.