Flyer's 2 Hat Tricks Vs. Penquins

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Vtwin;4552306 said:
What's up with the disrespect? What are you? 12?
Lol

Clearly the Flyers suck across the board but the guy in net might be the worst of them all. Sure, you can't leave guys alone in the slot but "Bryz" is absolutely horrible with his awareness of what's going on around him. The tying and go ahead goals tonight were not entirely his fault but he seemed to have no idea the goal scorers were where they were. He was horribly slow in reacting to the pass everyone watching could see coming. On the winner he should have atttacked the shooter instead of hugging the post until it was to late and getting caught way back in the crease. He makes even one of those saves, bailing out his teammates, and things could have been different.
Yes the Flyers suck but Bryz is leading that parade and does not inspire confidence in anyone but the most delusional goofs.

The Flyers would have been blown out completely in games 2 and 4 of this series if not for that guy in net. He's the only one keeping these games close, because the play has been in the Flyers end far too long in this series. I won't even start on the careless turnovers. Outshot 16 to 5 in the second period, didn't register a shot for 16 minutes straight at one point.. pathetic and embarassing. 42 shots against.. for a team that's supposed to be great at winning the battles on the boards, great at controlling the puck, and great at blocking shots. We thought we were going to coast in this series after the big overtime win in game one.. since then i haven't seen the skaters on this team show up.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The last couple of games haven't been the goalie's fault.

The effort this team is extending is pathetic.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Welp, good game America. Nice team loss tonight for the Flyers. Goalie mistake trying to be too cute with the puck and another night of sloppy play by the skaters. Wish Richie was still on the team.. good luck to he and the Kings. Hope they win it all.

jgboys1

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;4555425 said:
It's all over. :(
I think we have a good young core of offensive players, we just need to shore up the D and things will be looking good for us in the future.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jgboys1;4555480 said:
I think we have a good young core of offensive players, we just need to shore up the D and things will be looking good for us in the future.

I'm wondering if a change in scheme is in order. They looked lost in both the offensive and defensive ends.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;4555596 said:
I'm wondering if a change in scheme is in order. They looked lost in both the offensive and defensive ends.

Nah.. we scored the most goals or second most goals of any team in the league this year and didn't have any problems doing so in round one either. I don't think a change in scheme is in order, even with all those rookies we still lit the lamp alot and for most of the season it was surgical with crisp passing and good puck movement. Maybe a change of scheme on defense, but for the most part it looked like just a lack of effort and tired, old, probably injured defensemen. Kimmo looks about done and Pronger probably is going to retire. Need to get some fresh legs and big, fast bodies on the blueline. If we can shore up the defense i think we'll be very tough to beat next year.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RoyTheHammer;4555606 said:
Nah.. we scored the most goals or second most goals of any team in the league this year and didn't have any problems doing so in round one either. I don't think a change in scheme is in order, even with all those rookies we still lit the lamp alot and for most of the season it was surgical with crisp passing and good puck movement. Maybe a change of scheme on defense, but for the most part it looked like just a lack of effort and tired, old, probably injured defensemen. Kimmo looks about done and Pronger probably is going to retire. Need to get some fresh legs and big, fast bodies on the blueline. If we can shore up the defense i think we'll be very tough to beat next year.

There's merit to your post.

I'm not sure how you shore up the D at this point... Not with their cap situation as tight as it is.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score

They will have to change something. The Devils showed how to take the game away from the Flyers just about the whole series. Stay low and cycle the puck. Spring it to the open point and shoot.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score

Ha, I betcha the front office started working on that "change of scheme" right after the Flyers lost last night, if not, shame on them. It's just all so hard to believe. One year ago, the Devils finished 23rd in the NHL.

One year ago, the Flyers' brass decided that Mike Richards and Jeff Carter were not the avenue to navigate for a Stanley Cup. After such a promising regular season where the Flyers finished with the sixth most points in all of hockey but landed as the Eastern Conference's fifth seed in the playoffs.

They followed it up with one of the most exhilarating playoff series in franchise history by knocking off the Pens, the odds on favorite to win the Cup. After that performance with the Pens, I thought for sure the Fly guys were going somewhere. Just goes to show you, it's the less talented team that will get you at times.

Oh yes, "their a young team", how many more seasons are we going to say that.
Thirty six years and counting.....sounds familiar doesn't it.:rolleyes:

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;4555873 said:

I'm not sure how you shore up the D at this point... Not with their cap situation as tight as it is.

Well if Pronger and Kimmo retire, i believe that takes their money off the cap so that would create a large amount of space.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
hipfake08;4555571 said:
You bet buddy......

D E V I L S !!!!!!

Funny how you ONLY showed up AFTER the series was over. Talk about a cop out. :cool:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RoyTheHammer;4556007 said:
Well if Pronger and Kimmo retire, i believe that takes their money off the cap so that would create a large amount of space.

Unfortunately no.

Not the way I've read things.

Not sure with Kimmo, but if Pronger retires the Flyers are still on the hook for his $5 mil per season cap hit until the conclusion of his contract.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;4556017 said:
Unfortunately no.

Not the way I've read things.

Not sure with Kimmo, but if Pronger retires the Flyers are still on the hook for his $5 mil per season cap hit until the conclusion of his contract.

Really? Hmm.. well that doesn't seem to make much sense but im not doubting you. That would suck for the Flyers, but its their fault for signing old players to big long contracts. I think Homer has done a great job for the most part, but signing Prongs and Bryz to those super long high value contracts was just plain dumb, imo. Bryz i can understand because Snider kinda made him, but the Pronger deal was awful from the start.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MichaelWinicki;4555873 said:

The problem with the Flyers is they're gonna need epic defense to cover up for the goaltender. They'll go into every postseason with a severe disadvantage in net.

The young core is promising though.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Holmgren has made many dumb deals. Richards, JVR, Pronger, Bryz. He gets credit for the trades but his weakness is over paying players.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Risen Star;4556047 said:
The problem with the Flyers is they're gonna need epic defense to cover up for the goaltender. They'll go into every postseason with a severe disadvantage in net.

The young core is promising though.

As much as I'd like to blame the goalie for the loss of the series, I can't do it. Offensively, defensively this team was horrible.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RoyTheHammer;4556026 said:
Really? Hmm.. well that doesn't seem to make much sense but im not doubting you. That would suck for the Flyers, but its their fault for signing old players to big long contracts. I think Homer has done a great job for the most part, but signing Prongs and Bryz to those super long high value contracts was just plain dumb, imo. Bryz i can understand because Snider kinda made him, but the Pronger deal was awful from the start.

The only thing that could save them with Pronger's contract (from my understanding) is that he doesn't retire and the Flyers keep him on the long-term injury list.