For all those lamenting Lamb

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Only argument is a trade down, but it takes two to tango in a trade.

Good with the pick and I was not for a receiver pre draft, as I expected Jeudy/Lamb to be gone by 17
we got what, 3 calls for a trade. the option was there but i like much better taking arguably the best player at their position in this draft at 17.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
The team was clearly targeting a CB, and the two worth taking at 17 were gone. I think Chaisson was next in line, but Lamb was rated higher and WR was at least a mild need.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Just stop the insanity already, the debates.
Drafting Lamb at 17 to this offense is on the same level as drafting Zeke at 4 overall.
Huge get for this offense,, so get over it and enjoy watching this WR tear up this division, this league, and enjoy the tears from Egirl fans for years to come.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Chaisson was raw anyway, so he likely wasn't going to have some game changing influence next year anyway. There were no CBs to take at 17. We don't know the trade down offers, if they made sense.

Again, you seem to just like *****ing for the sake of *****ing.

Yeah, well as always, you don't know what you're talking about. When the next season ends, whenever that may be, you'll be wondering why, yet again, we either don't make the playoffs or get out of the divisional round. It's not rocket science, you get to a Super Bowl by either having a great/elite defense or an elite QB. Trenches matter more than skill positions. Frankly, I would have much rather traded back and picked up Ruiz - if you remember correctly, without Frederick, Dak Prescott got sacked 50+ times. It doesn't matter the skill positions you have when your QB, who already has poor pocket presence, can't step up into the pocket.

WR was far from a major need. And again, Lamb IS NOT a Julio Jones type prospect. He was a 12-15 guy with a chance to slip since there would be a run on QBs in the top 10, this is also a very deep WR class, so teams could pass on those WRs early and still pick up a #1 in the second round OR even the third round. It's not like we got a guy projected for the top 5 that fell in our laps, we have a guy who dropped 2-4 spots.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Just stop the insanity already, the debates.
Drafting Lamb at 17 to this offense is on the same level as drafting Zeke at 4 overall.
Huge get for this offense
,, so get over it and enjoy watching this WR tear up this division, this league, and enjoy the tears from Egirl fans for years to come.

Where has that gotten us?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Where has that gotten us?
Where has what gotten us?
You really want to blame making an excellent draft choice for the failures of the past?
lol
Open your window and look outside, the sun is shining today.. enjoy.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Where has what gotten us?
You really want to blame making an excellent draft choice for the failures of the past?
lol

We have all these excellent draft choices and yet, somehow, we're not getting anywhere.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
We have all these excellent draft choices and yet, somehow, we're not getting anywhere.
Well, I guess you are right.
Drafting Lamb will not and can not erase the monumental failures of the no longer existent failures of a past regime.
Live today brother,, hold your head high and embrace the possibilities of possible future success.

Swanny

Reaction score
totally agree, but Chaisson could be Ware or total bust...no idea because his stats don’t support his case.
I liked LB Murray or a short trade down for Ruiz...but you’re right, there weren’t any defensive players that we probably had rated anywhere close to as high as Lamb was on our board. I’d rather have a player at a position we don’t need (see Pollard) than another Taco or Hill.
Ware was either bust or become Ware. Every prospect is like that

dfense

Reaction score
Who was on the board that we should have taken instead?

- there were no CBs left at the spot that had the value of Lamb (or the talent)

- I guess you can can argue we should have taken Chaisson, who has big upside, but the rest of the potential DL at that spot - Gross-Matos, etc? None are close to Lamb in terms of skill.

So who did we pass on that we should have taken at 17 rather than Lamb? Its easy to pound your fist on the table and scream we should have gone defense.......... tell us who.
Worse, Lamb could have been there for the Egirls had Dallas not picked him.

conner01

Reaction score
I don't anticipate them resign Gallup if Coop is on the Roster when the time comes, meaning they will need to draf a WR next year too. Lol, the soap aopera continues.
Lambs gives you options
If you are gonna sign Gallup when the time comes you get the option of trading
I like Gallup and want him here but it’s always good to have options
I remember tagging spencer because we didn’t have options

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Look at it form this viewpoint, if you don't like the pick. What was the main argument against re-signing Cooper? Disappears in games, especially on the road. Think he's going to pull that magic act with a hungry 1st pick wanting his job?

One of the best things about Lamb is that not only can you play him at all 3 spots, he's very accustomed to that in Riley's offense. Add to that he's really good at one of the most undervalued aspects of WR's....hands. That was the other complaint about Cooper, who has led the league twice in drops. Lamb is a very good hands guy.

If you rank the most talented skill position players on the team, Elliott and Cooper are going to vie for that top spot. Last year they got someone to breath down Elliott's neck and with this HC, that may happen even more this season. Now, they've got someone to breath down Cooper's neck.
Great. So after using our 1st round pick last year to land Cooper then signing him to a 100 million buck deal we needed to use another 1st round pick at WR in case Cooper lally gags around. Lol

What a mess of a franchise we are:)

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Yeah, well as always, you don't know what you're talking about. When the next season ends, whenever that may be, you'll be wondering why, yet again, we either don't make the playoffs or get out of the divisional round. It's not rocket science, you get to a Super Bowl by either having a great/elite defense or an elite QB. Trenches matter more than skill positions. Frankly, I would have much rather traded back and picked up Ruiz - if you remember correctly, without Frederick, Dak Prescott got sacked 50+ times. It doesn't matter the skill positions you have when your QB, who already has poor pocket presence, can't step up into the pocket.

WR was far from a major need. And again, Lamb IS NOT a Julio Jones type prospect. He was a 12-15 guy with a chance to slip since there would be a run on QBs in the top 10, this is also a very deep WR class, so teams could pass on those WRs early and still pick up a #1 in the second round OR even the third round. It's not like we got a guy projected for the top 5 that fell in our laps, we have a guy who dropped 2-4 spots.

So you are in this imaginary world where the trade back gets us Ruiz. Another Olineman. You know we have had one of the best Olines..and expensive..for years. Where did that get us? You are talking about disappointment year after year but where has elite Oline gotten us? Then there is Chaisson. Guy wasn’t productive in college but now he’s going to explode? What a crap shoot. We took a guy who was one of the best WRs in college last few years. At 17 and lower no one was elite in need except who we took.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
For a trade down I would have wanted at minumum a 3rd to only move down one spot to take Chaisson. I doubt anyone was offering anything like that.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Great. So after using our 1st round pick last year to land Cooper then signing him to a 100 million buck deal we needed to use another 1st round pick at WR in case Cooper lally gags around. Lol

What a mess of a franchise we are:)
Dude... the league, commentators, everyone almost universally not only approves of the Lamb pick, but thinks it was a home run.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
It was a game changing pick. One draft pick just changed this offense into a primarily 3 WR set team. One draft pick lessened the need for a TE and he doesn't even play the position. One draft pick just altered the running game entirely and Dallas probably has plenty on the roster with Zeke and Pollard. Speaking of Zeke and Pollard, that same draft pick just altered the defensive sets they'll see just by being on the field. Like everybody else I wanted a good defensive haul from this draft, but I can't think of a bigger difference maker than Lamb in the entire class. I just can not believe they landed him. Lamb should be spoken about like La'el Collins as one off the greatest draft coups ever for the Cowboys. As much as I'd hoped for Kinlaw or Chaisson, neither would come close to making the immediate team wide impact Lamb brings.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
So you are in this imaginary world where the trade back gets us Ruiz. Another Olineman. You know we have had one of the best Olines..and expensive..for years. Where did that get us? You are talking about disappointment year after year but where has elite Oline gotten us? Then there is Chaisson. Guy wasn’t productive in college but now he’s going to explode? What a crap shoot. We took a guy who was one of the best WRs in college last few years. At 17 and lower no one was elite in need except who we took.

What "imaginary world"? We had 3 trade offers, this is confirmed. Yeah, we've had a great offensive line....and a bad defense. I wouldn't have signed Cooper, I would have kept Jones. Now it looks like our DBs have gotten worse, unless everyone here thinks Ha Ha is going to be a stud after bouncing around from team to team and stinking it up with the Commanders last year.

And you can say whatever you want about Chaisson - the way Jerry spoke, he was rated so highly that they were contemplating taking him or Lamb. Not surprising that Jerry, yet again, went for the jersey seller. It would be best if people stopped speaking of Lamb like a can't miss prospect when a couple teams who were in need of WRs passed on him. Apparently, he's not the next Jerry Rice.