Twitter: For fans concerned about Dak passing under 200 yards

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Romo always made his WRs better, Prescott has not. Prescott had the same receivers and they all suddenly became worse players? I find it hard to believe. Romo made the likes of Laurent Robinson and Patrick Crayton near pro bowl caliber players at points. Dak is out there struggling to consistently score touchdowns every game...
The same receivers? No DEZ - #1 receiver No Witten - HOF receiver - He had all three probowl Linemen plus Ron Leary & Colombo, and all that, no NFC championship, no Super Bowl. Why? Because Romo, although very talented, was a mental midget in big games. Instead of going for the first, he goes for it all to Dez, loss.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
We APPEAR to be trending toward a great defense, but some people are determined to be miserable.
Please don't try out fan me. Y'all sounding real cultish. I can't have a different opinion from you or I'm miserable? Where do y'all get yalls discussion styles from lol. I said all time great not great defense also.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Absolutely but I have been told here over and over that the QB is the reason teams win Super Bowls and if a QB does not win a Super Bowl he is not elite. Those two things don’t go together.

QB is a big reason many times, but also there are times where other parts of the team gets overlooked and the QB gets all of the credit for winning. Eli wasn't going to win those Superbowl against the Pats if it wasn't for his defense. Especially the why the Giants D performed against Brady in one of their Superbowls games against the Patriots. The Ravens did it with defense.

It's just now that because of fantasy and many people loving offense over defense. they just want to see QBs who can throw it up for 300+ yards with multiple TDs every game. And yes there might be some games where Dak needs to put up bigger numbers to win. But, there could also be games like against the Giants where he just needs to manage and not throw a costly INT when the D is playing well.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Look, I don't like Prescott myself, but his yardage has nothing to do with how good he is at QB. A lot plays into yardage, for example, penalties, receivers not making catches, QB having to run for his life, and the amount of passes thrown. What I look for in a QB is if he can move his team down the field. He struggled doing that Sunday night at times, so I'm still not sold. But to bring up 160 yards passing is just dumb.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I think Dak is serviceable with a really good defense. Only time will tell what Dak can become if he fixes his flaws. He has a ways to go. I'm not a blind Homer. But to nitpick a win and beat down a QB who had a much better game 2 than game 1 doesn't make sense to me.
Y'all sounding like this guys parent which y'all aren't. Nobody beating down this dude stop the hyperbole. He can't fix his flaws or he would've done it by now. These are the same dang problems that got him drafted in the fourth rd. If he had them then and three years in has the same problems what are the chances of him changing them? You may not be a blind homer but in this discussion you're waiting for someone to help you across the street lol.

Also this nitpick a win is bs because saying he can't throw isn't nitpicking a W. You're on the don't say nothing when we win plan and I'm not. If you don't say this stuff now even in victory a lot of people maybe even youself will say when they lose why didn't anybody say this when they were winning. I do appreciate this civil back and forth though.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
The stat Sturm is glomming onto is a classic example of numbers without context.

If I win the lottery the first thing I’d do is send everyone on this board to college, or at the very least to basic critical thinking and statistics class.

Bluefin

Reaction score
Do people want to go back to the days of when we attempted 40-50 passes with Romo and he was racking up 300-400 yards a game in losses? I don't care about stats. Win the games. Can Dak improve? Absolutely. Then again, so can every QB in this league besides a certain few. In 2016 when we won 13 games, we were not putting up huge numbers. We controlled the clock. And now our defense seems better which will help out the offense. This offense has the ability to be very efficient. What we want to do is what we did on that 8minute drive to seal the Giants win. We are not going to sling it all over the field like the 8-8 Romo years.
Well said.

Dak Prescott and the Dallas Cowboys' passing game needs to improve, no question about it, and there's no reason it can't.

Dak averaged 229 passing yards per game as a rookie and 227 passing yards per game last year through week 9 (Kansas City) last year.

Yes, the numbers took a nose dive after that game, I haven't forgotten, but there was more at fault than just QB play.

He's even had 4 games over 300 yards passing. The team has a 3-1 record in those contests with the lone loss being in the 2016 season divisional playoff against Green Bay.

Dak is a conservative passer by nature, he doesn't take many high risk chances, especially if consistently getting pressured. And 20+ yard passes have been lacking since he became the starter.

I also am one of those that wants to see more deep shots taken. I believe in showing a defense that you will go for the home run as an offense. This doesn't even mean connecting on a deep bomb every few games, just show defenses you are going to attack them vertically and make them think about the downside to stacking the box to defend Ezekiel Elliott.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Y'all sounding like this guys parent which y'all aren't. Nobody beating down this dude stop the hyperbole. He can't fix his flaws or he would've done it by now. These are the same dang problems that got him drafted in the fourth rd. If he had them then and three years in has the same problems what are the chances of him changing them? You may not be a blind homer but in this discussion you're waiting for someone to help you across the street lol.

Also this nitpick a win is bs because saying he can't throw isn't nitpicking a W. You're on the don't say nothing when we win plan and I'm not. If you don't say this stuff now even in victory a lot of people maybe even youself will say when they lose why didn't anybody say this when they were winning. I do appreciate this civil back and forth though.
Did you like the victory, yes or no? Or should he have lost so that you can say, "I told you so" and if that's the case, who wins? Isn't the Dallas Cowboys winning supposed to be the ultimate task?

ESisback

Reaction score
Please don't try out fan me. Y'all sounding real cultish. I can't have a different opinion from you or I'm miserable? Where do y'all get yalls discussion styles from lol. I said all time great not great defense also.

What does that even mean, “sounding real cultish”? Pointing out that some people sound consistently unhappy is trying to “outfan” someone?

“Where do y’all get yalls discussion styles from lol.” That’s not even correct English! I’m not trying to be disrespectful, I’m just trying to understand what you’re talking about.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
So what makes you happiest, the Cowboys winning, or being “right”?
I really need y'all to go to a debate class or something because what does this pointless question prove? Time will reveal who was right as far as Dak but it doesn't have jack to do with the Boys winning. Didn't they just win and he had a bad passing game?

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Did you like the victory, yes or no? Or should he have lost so that you can say, "I told you so" and if that's the case, who wins? Isn't the Dallas Cowboys winning supposed to be the ultimate task?
Please do like I told the other person and goto a debate class or something that will have y'all asking better questions. These questions are honestly stupid and don't prove jack spit.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I really need y'all to go to a debate class or something because what does this pointless question prove? Time will reveal who was right as far as Dak but it doesn't have jack to do with the Boys winning. Didn't they just win and he had a bad passing game?
This is the perfect response to be owned.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Do people want to go back to the days of when we attempted 40-50 passes with Romo and he was racking up 300-400 yards a game in losses? I don't care about stats. Win the games. Can Dak improve? Absolutely. Then again, so can every QB in this league besides a certain few. In 2016 when we won 13 games, we were not putting up huge numbers. We controlled the clock. And now our defense seems better which will help out the offense. This offense has the ability to be very efficient. What we want to do is what we did on that 8minute drive to seal the Giants win. We are not going to sling it all over the field like the 8-8 Romo years.

Dak had just 3 games of less 200 yards that season (not counting the season finally when he had just 8 attempts), we went 2-1 in those games.