Video: For those of you concerned about the Giants

jday

Reaction score
No realistic conclusions should ever be drawn from preseason games whatsoever.
Sorry...I have to disagree. Especially against Seattle. They weren't playing like it was preseason and had all the Cowboys starters stayed in, we could of ran away with that game. Especially if Dez had played.

Sydla

Reaction score
Biggest winner this weekend?

The Eagles. With the Giants sucking and now the Cowboys losing Romo, they might actually not be out of the NFCE race by early October like I thought.

jday

Reaction score
Biggest winner this weekend?

The Eagles. With the Giants sucking and now the Cowboys losing Romo, they might actually not be out of the NFCE race by early October like I thought.
So you really don't have any faith in Dak? You are going to dismiss everything you have seen up to this point as "just preseason?". Or have you been watching? I'm not saying he has been flawless...he has just been closer to that than any other QB in the league and has probably got more snaps than the majority if the league. Behind this offense, he is going to put up points in bunches... especially against the Giants. Eli to OBJ may yield points, but they won't be able to keep up with Dallas.

Toro9

Reaction score
Shouldn't we all be concerned about the Giants? Why add the grief of sitting through a video of the biggest D-bag in Sports media?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
So you really don't have any faith in Dak? You are going to dismiss everything you have seen up to this point as "just preseason?". Or have you been watching? I'm not saying he has been flawless...he has just been closer to that than any other QB in the league and has probably got more snaps than the majority if the league. Behind this offense, he is going to put up points in bunches... especially against the Giants. Eli to OBJ may yield points, but they won't be able to keep up with Dallas.
jday, I can envision that, I see the same "it" factor, but until Dak proves it when it counts, a large majority will remain in doubt.
Dak passes the eye test regardless if its preseason,, to me.
His confidence level is established, which in itself for a rook QB in this league is huge.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry...I have to disagree. Especially against Seattle. They weren't playing like it was preseason and had all the Cowboys starters stayed in, we could of ran away with that game. Especially if Dez had played.
I'm talking as far as wins and losses.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I don't want to take anything away from Dak playing vs many of Seattle's 1st unit in preseason. He did well, I thought.

I also think they were planning to play against Romo is the 1st half. . I doubt they spent much time doing actual game -planning, but they did throw in some blitzes to get some practice on hem. So it wasn't totally vanilla either.

Anyway, it was great experience and he got 7 series vs a strong unit.
The results were
  • punt
  • TD
  • punt
  • missed FG
  • FG
  • punt
  • punt

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Going to come down to what we do against 8 in the box. Right now, the Giants want the game in Dak's hands and dependent on him. They are not going to let us run and just play 7, they'll play 8 and blitz and try and get us on the down and distance part of the game.

It will be incumbent on Garrett, Linehan, Wilson and Romo to keep Dak calm and under control. The last thing we need is a shootout, that plays to their strength. Dak will need the discipline to stay with the run call even with the 8th man in the box. The danger of 8 in the box for them is 3 in the secondary and if Zeke can get through or around the corner?

Other than this being a division game it will serve as the game film for the Skins. We need to show them they cannot dictate the game to us. Teams without an identity will make statements like "we're taking what the defense will give us". A power run team says BS to that and they take what they want. Nothing breaks the spirit of a defense like a power run game. Play the game to own the 4th Q and make this a game of strategy not tactics. Even if they're ahead by <10, do not forsake the run.

Wanna know what I'd do the night before the game? Sure you do. I'd pull footage of the 4Q drives that Emmitt and his OL made in the glory years and have my offense watching those and I'd pull film of great inceptions made in the past to my defense, especially game changers. See it, do it.

aria

Reaction score
That Giants offensive line is absolutely horrendous! They wouldn't be starters on most teams and even though our defense isn't great, it should be enough to stop their run and get pressure on Eli. Does anyone realize the Giants had something like 5 total yards on 13 rushing plays in the first half last night? They had a total of ~48 yards in the first half and their starting offense has scored in something like 8 quarters, lol.

If our defense can't stop them we're much worse then I thought. I'm fully expecting a blow out...28-7 Cowboys and I'm not sure they'll even get 7. Just throwing that in there in case they get a lucky bomb to OBJ which is almost inevitable at some point during 4 quarters.

Last edited:

jday

Reaction score
I'm talking as far as wins and losses.
Well yeah, that's true because had the Cowboys just played Dak for the entirety of every game they would probably be undefeated. I don't think you can the same of Eli.

jday

Reaction score
Shouldn't we all be concerned about the Giants? Why add the grief of sitting through a video of the biggest D-bag in Sports media?
Stephen A's contribution is window-dressing. The key point is made by the Giants fan. They aren't going to be ready for Dallas in game 1.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I get the sense he's just saying that the Eagles got lucky with the injury to Romo. Dak may do incredibly well, and I hope he does...but it'd be silly at this point to think Dak gives us a better chance than Romo would've.

jday

Reaction score
I get the sense he's just saying that the Eagles got lucky with the injury to Romo. Dak may do incredibly well, and I hope he does...but it'd be silly at this point to think Dak gives us a better chance than Romo would've.
I wouldn't dare debate that without seeing more of Dak but I am starting to question rather or not Romo's body is going to let him play any more. He has been injured four times in the last 5 games. All I'm saying is Dak still gives the Cowboys a good chance to win.