CFZ For those who saw all of them: Rank the All-Time Cowboys QB Arm Strength!

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
You mean strongest arm WHILE they were on the Cowboys? If so, Aikman.

If you mean any QB that played for Dallas at some point, even if in the later stages of their career, then Randall Cunningham....whose arm talent was above Aikman's in his prime in late 80's

Aikman was "stronger" than Randall, but Randall could sling his arm (which was long and skinny) like a bullwhip and just fling a frozen rope 50 yards with just a fluck of the wrist.

Aikman would win an arm wrestling contest though.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
You know what that needed to be said like that and complete sarcasm just to stop posts like this who cares who has the strongest arm by the way I think Tony Romo was one of the better overall quarterbacks we've ever had you take everything into account and put them on Roger staubach's or Troy aikman's teams and let's see how he plays I mean we're losing the fact that the coaching and the teams were better for those two that won Super Bowls then they have been for Romo or Prescott..
Posts like this? Sorry it doesn’t live up to your high standard of football posts. I’ll make sure I take notes next time you post.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I played D2 football at West Texas A&M 06-08. Ryan Leaf was our QBs coach then. I can confirm he had a cannon. Super funny guy too. Sad to see he was involved in some off field instances after I graduated. But I think he's recovered now, so good on him!
There’s a reason why these first round picks get chance after chance. ‘Drop-your-jaw arms‘ will take you far. Thanks for the tidbit on Leaf. He ever share any stories with you about his brief time on the Cowboys?

gtb1943

Reaction score
Vinny had a cannon but by the time he was with us it was not so much but still well above average. Clint Longley had a cannon; but in the end I say Troy

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Are we talking distance here or zip/fastball? I think Troy had distance covered, not sure who had the best zip.

JayFord

Reaction score

If he was accurate he wouldve been a VERY good qb....with that arm talent he could thread any needle with very few ints

same with Jamarcus Russell who i believe had the strongest arm to ever play in the nfl even more than Favre

JayFord

Reaction score
Aikman had zip and a arm but his accuracy was next level...he could be on his own 20 and the WR could be on the 50 and he could hit em bullseye on the left buttcheek

but cannon wise...there were others that had a bigger cannon

stinkface

Reaction score
Chad Hutchinson had the strongest arm with no doubt. A bazooka. However he could not hit the side of a barn, and I mean a big barn. He was brought in to be the next Troy the first year Pacells was here. I saw him in Training camp. PS. Best QB in camp was Tony Romo.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I’ve seen everyone including Eddie and DM had a very strong arm, Clint Longley might have had the strongest I’d put DM up top mainly because he threw the bloated pigskin called the Duke not the ball that’s smaller like the old AFL ball.
Clint Longley eh? Even though he’s before my time, I know the stories.

Didn’t think about ball changes, good point.

JayFord

Reaction score
Chad Hutchinson had the strongest arm with no doubt. A bazooka. However he could not hit the side of a barn, and I mean a big barn. He was brought in to be the next Troy the first year Pacells was here. I saw him in Training camp. PS. Best QB in camp was Tony Romo.
everytime he threw the ball i had to squint and scratch my head

he really looked like he didnt belong on the field 70% of the time

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

Worst part was when he was mad that Parcells demoted him, as if he deserved to be the starter.

stinkface

Reaction score

They had one of those nets with sewed in baskets for QBs to throw into ar different ranges. Good old Chad couldn't even hit the net at 30 yards. I mean he threw over the net and into the stands. His background included being a major league pitcher. He sucked at that also.