Forget about yesterday, we WIN in Philly we´re IN.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Okay, I kept thinking this was Chief posting and was like, what the?

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
rob1son;2515278 said:
The point of that post was not to call out people who say we when referring to their team, I do it all the time. That was in response to a post in which I was told that I would not make a good teammate because I have given up, or that I don't fight when the going gets tough. I found that absurd as wes knows NOTHING about me. I mean I get where he is coming from, but "we" have no effect on the outcome of the game. "We" cannot make plays. Our "fight" (faith in the team) won't matter one bit next week. I, you, he, we cannot make a difference on the field, and no matter how much I wish my team would make it into the playoffs and win a game for the first time since I was in high school, it doesn't matter. My faith in the team has nothing to do with my fight. To fight something would imply that I have some measure of control over the outcome. I don't. So my opinion of the team is what it is.

I'm just want to see my team WIN man. That is all. It's been so long. U have had to suffer, just like everyone else here, through the three headed coaching monsters of Switzer/Gailey/Campo. I have watched the team make sacrifices so Jerrah could sell merchandise. Come on, how many people think that Emmitt getting the record helped the team. That team was pathetic. The whole season was sacrificed for an agenda. I'm tired of seeing decisions made in the interest of PR, not winning.

Sorry if that ruffles some feathers, it's just how I see it.
Well by giving up like that he doesn't have to really know you. If you give up on something as small as not rooting for your favorite football team then what does that say about something that is more important in life. Do you quit on that also? The lesson for me is don't give up or quit on anything in life until it is over.

rob1son

Reaction score
bootsy;2515304 said:
Well by giving up like that he doesn't have to really know you. If you give up on something as small as not rooting for your favorite football team then what does that say about something that is more important in life. Do you quit on that also? The lesson for me is don't give up or quit on anything in life until it is over.

I think it means that hoping my team will win has no effect on the rest of my life.

sacase

Reaction score
I love it, the fans give up but expect the players not to.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
rob1son;2515331 said:
I think it means that hoping my team will win has no effect on the rest of my life.
From your posts in thread it doesn't sound like you hope your team wins.

rob1son

Reaction score
bootsy;2515417 said:
From your posts in thread it doesn't sound like you hope your team wins.

So by your post you agree that a person's belief in whether their team can win has nothing to do with how they handle situations in life. Admission by omission. Thank you. Game, set, match.

Let me be the first to say, that if the Cowboys make it into the playoffs because the Minnesota Vikings wear purple socks next week, or some ridiculous scenario such as that, and win the Super Bowl, I will man up and take whatever manner of ridicule the "diehard" fans want to throw my way. But if they don't make the playoffs and win it all, I swear, the same people who claim to be "diehard" will be rippin what they defend now.
:bow:

Bizwah

Reaction score
I don't care if we "back" into the playoffs.

The Giants did last year.

They needed help.

We'll be getting healthy...relatively speaking. Holland should be close to returning. Barber should be better. Romo's back should be better.

My big worry is Witten. If he's greatly hobbled, then we're in trouble.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
rob1son;2515671 said:
So by your post you agree that a person's belief in whether their team can win has nothing to do with how they handle situations in life. Admission by omission. Thank you. Game, set, match.

Let me be the first to say, that if the Cowboys make it into the playoffs because the Minnesota Vikings wear purple socks next week, or some ridiculous scenario such as that, and win the Super Bowl, I will man up and take whatever manner of ridicule the "diehard" fans want to throw my way. But if they don't make the playoffs and win it all, I swear, the same people who claim to be "diehard" will be rippin what they defend now.
:bow:

I'm glad you declared yourself the winner. Of what, I am not sure.

topdog

Reaction score
with everyone losing 'cept the Falcons, a win in Philly and Da' Boys are in!!!!:star::star::star:

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2515235 said:
if we win next week, we won't be backing into the playoffs

I think we win next week because we know how to beat the Eagles, plus we always seem to play our best when the odds are stacked against us

:huh:

bigE79

Reaction score
Thank you REDSTINKS:D ...its about time you did something right this year...GO COWBOYS

bigE79

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;2514601 said:
Choke again. This team is incapable of winning a game they have to win
I guess the giants and the skins game dont count:cool:

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
bigE79;2515753 said:
I guess the giants and the skins game dont count:cool:
I want to know where all the people that said the Skins had no shot in this game. I know there were plenty on here that said it and they know who they are.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
why should we forget about what happened yesterday??? we are gonna be playing tough defensive battles against good teams in the playoffs and what happened yesterday gives no reason to be optimistic that we will do anything of consequence in the playoffs. now dont get me wrong im glad Tampa lost and i will be happy if we beat Philly to make the playoffs but making it doesnt erase what happened before. this team has to improve significantly this next week before the playoffs...