Forget about yesterday, we WIN in Philly we´re IN.

BlueStar II

Reaction score
Obviously, the Philly game is now HUGE for us. Hopefully...we will pull it out, but "in" Philly, we're going to have to execute plays and play like we did againsts the Giants. While I hate to say it, but, "if" Romo throws some pics. in Philly, especially at crucial points in the game, it's going to be an ugly off-season for Romo on this board, and in the media in general....whewww.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;2515030 said:
Saying we don't deserve the playoffs after last night and if we lose next week is not an opinion, it's a statement of fact. To deserve something means you earned it. Even if we somehow lost next week and still made it in, that would be the most undeserving playoff appearence in modern history. we won't have earned anything, other teams will have given it to us.

This team's actions have indicated they don't want those big games bad enough.

Self serving crap. Your definition of a fact is your own opinion, nothing more. Your definition of a big game is any game Dallas loses, after the fact. If Dallas goes to the playoffs, it will be because they won big games against NY and Philly.

Teams have gone to the playoffs with 8 - 8 records. So how, outside of your imagination, is 10 - 6 undeserving?

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
A person would have to be an idiot to not want their favorite team to make the playoffs in ANY fashion.

Givincer

Reaction score
jackrussell;2515139 said:
A person would have to be an idiot to not want their favorite team to make the playoffs in ANY fashion.

Are you calling HeavyHitta an idiot?

How outlandish! ;)

:laugh2:

Reaction score
jackrussell;2515139 said:

Yeah,,, i hate to see the incompetence of this team replayed again in Philly, but at some point they could "get over the hump" just like Indy or the Giants did.

There is something built into this team, a lack of confidence that freezes them just when they are about to be successful, the dreaded "choke" that makes them drop fumbles they should recover or miss tackles they should make and I'm hoping it is just a "hump" that they can overcome and not the result of Jerry's marketing zeal that places huge amounts of pressure on them... "fish-bowl-itis"

rob1son

Reaction score
wesleyc288;2514870 said:
ok.....yea we seriously hurt our chances.

But we still have a good chance.

You can have zero confidence as well as heavyhitta.

You 2 are the guys in the huddle that crumble under pressure....Glad i was never on a team with you

IMO, this is one of the differences between winners and losers.

Winners fight til the finish....and never lose confidence, losers take the "woe is me" approach and give up

Ah yes, I forget we are on the team. Guess my woe is me attitude is the reason we are in this predicament. Better eat your Wheaties, cause you and all the other players on the team better be ready to take up our slack next week. btw...how long have you been on the team? Who do you backup? Can I get your jersey online?

wesleyc288

Believer
Reaction score
rob1son;2515168 said:
Ah yes, I forget we are on the team. Guess my woe is me attitude is the reason we are in this predicament. Better eat your Wheaties, cause you and all the other players on the team better be ready to take up our slack next week. btw...how long have you been on the team? Who do you backup? Can I get your jersey online?

Try reading again...maybe you will understand this time

I was talking about being on a team with people like you

tyke1doe

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;2514581 said:
Pittsburgh and Baltimore games proved we don't want nor deserve the postseason, no reason to believe the Philly game will be any different.

Agreed. I'm not going to be holding my breath. I'm expecting the worst and hoping for the best.

But with this inconsistent team, even if we make it, we're probably one and done anyway.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
BlueStar II;2515119 said:
Obviously, the Philly game is now HUGE for us. Hopefully...we will pull it out, but "in" Philly, we're going to have to execute plays and play like we did againsts the Giants. While I hate to say it, but, "if" Romo throws some pics. in Philly, especially at crucial points in the game, it's going to be an ugly off-season for Romo on this board, and in the media in general....whewww.

It's likely going to be snowing in Philly, which means we're going to have to focus on the running game. We simply can't be slinging the ball everywhere.

If we don't learn to do this in Philly, we really aren't ready to win in January.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
BlueStar II;2515119 said:
Romo has a chance to redeem himself to most Cowboy fans with a strong performance next week. Winning next week's game and getting into the playoffs is the kind of momentum needed to have a good run once we are in the playoffs. This team could carry that all the way to the Super Bowl by winning next week.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
rob1son;2515168 said:
When we say 'we' it is as fans of a team. I never got the big deal about a fan saying 'we' if they are a passionate, diehard fan of a team. If you don't like then you need to go elsewhere because most posters on here say 'we'.

rob1son

Reaction score
Oh, you are right. I'd argue with your logic, but instead I'll just give up.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;2515040 said:
Backing into the playoffs due to sheer luck of other teams losing isnt deserving.

if we win next week, we won't be backing into the playoffs

I think we win next week because we know how to beat the Eagles, plus we always seem to play our best when the odds are stacked against us

rob1son

Reaction score
bootsy;2515212 said:
When we say 'we' it is as fans of a team. I never got the big deal about a fan saying 'we' if they are a passionate, diehard fan of a team. If you don't like then you need to go elsewhere because most posters on here say 'we'.

The point of that post was not to call out people who say we when referring to their team, I do it all the time. That was in response to a post in which I was told that I would not make a good teammate because I have given up, or that I don't fight when the going gets tough. I found that absurd as wes knows NOTHING about me. I mean I get where he is coming from, but "we" have no effect on the outcome of the game. "We" cannot make plays. Our "fight" (faith in the team) won't matter one bit next week. I, you, he, we cannot make a difference on the field, and no matter how much I wish my team would make it into the playoffs and win a game for the first time since I was in high school, it doesn't matter. My faith in the team has nothing to do with my fight. To fight something would imply that I have some measure of control over the outcome. I don't. So my opinion of the team is what it is.

I'm just want to see my team WIN man. That is all. It's been so long. U have had to suffer, just like everyone else here, through the three headed coaching monsters of Switzer/Gailey/Campo. I have watched the team make sacrifices so Jerrah could sell merchandise. Come on, how many people think that Emmitt getting the record helped the team. That team was pathetic. The whole season was sacrificed for an agenda. I'm tired of seeing decisions made in the interest of PR, not winning.

Sorry if that ruffles some feathers, it's just how I see it.