Forget about yesterday, we WIN in Philly we´re IN.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Nerm222;2514965 said:
Im thinking the head to head stuff matters less if it is a 3 way tie.

Go Vikes!

Yeah, I want to know if Dallas, TB, and Atl all end up at 10-6, one team will be left out, but who? How are 3 way ties determined?

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2514991 said:
Exactly. I would of course like to see them get in, but I could really care less with this team anymore. They dont deserve the playoffs.
Who does then? You either are one of the top 6 teams in each conference to make it or you're not. If the Cowboys are one of the top 6 teams in the NFC then they DESERVE to make the playoffs.

wesleyc288

Believer
Reaction score
bootsy;2515000 said:
Who does then? You either are one of the top 6 teams in each conference to make it or you're not. If the Cowboys are one of the top 6 teams in the NFC then they DESERVE to make the playoffs.

They dont understand logic.

Deep_South

Reaction score
Sure, we've had a lot of strange losses lately, but I think it is about time for the mysterious entities that create bad luck to even things out and have some of that horrible stuff fall on our opponents. This team can win it all, but a lucky bounce here and there will certainly help.

Nerm222

Reaction score
I get the two team tie breaker scenario (head to head)... but we are talking about a 3 team tie.

Lets say the following things are true (not sure if they are)
-We have head to head vs Tampa
-Tampa and Atl both have better conference records than us.
-Tampa wins the tiebreakers over Atl.

Why would Dallas be in automatically ahead of Atl?

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;2514995 said:
Yeah, I want to know if Dallas, TB, and Atl all end up at 10-6, one team will be left out, but who? How are 3 way ties determined?
Three or More Clubs
(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)
1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the three Wild-Card participants.
2. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.
7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
9. Best net points in conference games.
10. Best net points in all games.
11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
12. Coin toss.

In this scenario if Dal, Atl, TB all finish 10-6 then it will be Dall and TB if you go by scenario #3 because TB and Dall will have 8-4 conference records. ATL would be 7-5. I am not sure I understand scenario #2. It sounds like since we beat Tampa that would eliminate them. Not sure though.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
I think if theres a 3 way tie, the head to head does not matter and the next thing to look at is conference record? But, dont quote me on that, Im still clueless.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
wesleyc288;2514987 said:
Yes i do understant that part of you.

But i dont understand how you can come on here week after week and say things like......

"We Dont deserve to make the playoffs"
"Im done with this team"
"We will never go anywhere with Romo he is a choker"
"I hope this team doesnt make the playoffs"
"This team likes to lose big games"

do i need to explain further for you?

Saying we don't deserve the playoffs after last night and if we lose next week is not an opinion, it's a statement of fact. To deserve something means you earned it. Even if we somehow lost next week and still made it in, that would be the most undeserving playoff appearence in modern history. we won't have earned anything, other teams will have given it to us.

I've never said Romo was our main problem. Ever. I think we can win with him, and last night certainly wasnt all on him. He was injured and Garrett called a horrific game for 3 quarters.

If we lose next week, I DO hope we don't make the playoffs, because 1: We'll get crushed in our first game again and 2: There will be others more deserving in all likihood.

This team's actions have indicated they don't want those big games bad enough.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;2515027 said:
I think if theres a 3 way tie, the head to head does not matter and the next thing to look at is conference record? But, dont quote me on that, Im still clueless.
I do know that #2 doesn't apply to us. We didn't lose to either ATL or TB so that is a good thing.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
bootsy;2515000 said:

Deserve:

to have earned, be worthy, fit, or suitable for some reward or requital

Backing into the playoffs due to sheer luck of other teams losing isnt deserving.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
bootsy;2515021 said:
Three or More Clubs
(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)
1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the three Wild-Card participants.
2. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.
7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
9. Best net points in conference games.
10. Best net points in all games.
11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
12. Coin toss.

In this scenario if Dal, Atl, TB all finish 10-6 then it will be Dall and TB if you go by scenario #3 because TB and Dall will have 8-4 conference records. ATL would be 7-5. I am not sure I understand scenario #2. It sounds like since we beat Tampa that would eliminate them. Not sure though.

Thanks for this.

goshan

Reaction score
Rule #1 - Atlanta eliminated.
then Head to Head rules apply with remaining two teams (Dallas and Tampa)

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;2515040 said:
Deserve:

to have earned, be worthy, fit, or suitable for some reward or requital

Backing into the playoffs due to sheer luck of other teams losing isnt deserving.
If you are one of the top 6 teams then you DESERVE it end of story. Like I said should the Giants last year and the Steelers 2 in 05 have an asterisk to their names and return their SB rings because they didn't deserve by barely sneaking into the playoffs.

wesleyc288

Believer
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;2515030 said:
Saying we don't deserve the playoffs after last night and if we lose next week is not an opinion, it's a statement of fact. To deserve something means you earned it. Even if we somehow lost next week and still made it in, that would be the most undeserving playoff appearence in modern history. we won't have earned anything, other teams will have given it to us.

I've never said Romo was our main problem. Ever. I think we can win with him, and last night certainly wasnt all on him. He was injured and Garrett called a horrific game for 3 quarters.

If we lose next week, I DO hope we don't make the playoffs, because 1: We'll get crushed in our first game again and 2: There will be others more deserving in all likihood.

This team's actions have indicated they don't want those big games bad enough.

No....I'll tell you what a Fact is.

IF WE MAKE THE PLAYOFFS, WE DESERVED IT. Like i said earlier, Botom line: if we beat philly, we played well enough in the regular season to get into the postseason. THIS IS A FACT.

Your statement, is clearly an opinion. And if you dont agree, you definately need to go back to the first grade.

and also.....You said that after the pittsburg game....dont back away from your childish tantrum you had after that game.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
bootsy;2515066 said:
If you are one of the top 6 teams then you DESERVE it end of story. Like I said should the Giants last year and the Steelers 2 in 05 have an asterisk to their names and return their SB rings because they didn't deserve by barely sneaking into the playoffs.

The Giants and Steelers played well to end the season. They didnt back into the postseason. They dove in headlong.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
landryscorner;2514867 said:
Are you guys serious?? We beat Philly and were still in? GOD the NFC is so pathetic

Yup, so pathetic that 10 and 6 gets into the playoffs. :rolleyes:

wesleyc288

Believer
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;2515040 said:
Deserve:

If other teams lost games are luck.....then our games that we lost are bad luck as well

You cant have it both ways.

This really isnt that hard to understand

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;2514581 said:
Pittsburgh and Baltimore games proved we don't want nor deserve the postseason, no reason to believe the Philly game will be any different.

Do you ever watch this team?

They are capable of beating or losing to anyone in any week.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;2515078 said:
The Giants and Steelers played well to end the season. They didnt back into the postseason. They dove in headlong.
The Giants finished 2-2 in December and finished the season 4-4 after starting 6-2. The Steelers won their last 4 I believe but played some bottom feeders and needed help to get in. Bottom line is both teams did what they had to do to get in and DESERVED to be in. If we make the playoffs we DESERVE to be in also.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;2514741 said:
It's not that they meant more, but the Giants were a team without their two best offensive weapons and is apparently stumbling towards the finish. And we still almost blew it.

Dude dont even go there.

We likely aren't in this situation if our QB hadn't got hurt earlier in the year. Injuries happen.

Quit flinging crap against the wall.