Four CFP teams announced

nathanlt

Reaction score
That was the key to all of this. 55 yards passing for the entire game wasn't going to give voters confidence. I remember back in the day when Ohio State had their backup (Cardale Jones) they knew the only chance they had to get in was destroy Wisconsin in the championship game and they did (59 to 0).
Alabama's 3 point win over 1-7 conference record Arkansas impressed you though, with Milroe in on the home field, huh?

nathanlt

Reaction score
And to be honest if that had been Alabama's final game (same with the Auburn game) then they would of not been selected. Timing has always been a gigantic factor in these late season rankings.
Yeah, a possible 2nd loss kind of reveals who they are... FSU is no Auburn, they are better. FSU is better than Arkansas. Bama didn't schedule them for a reason.

Last edited:

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Also, Alabama won by only 3 points, 24 to 21 against UNRANKED Arkansas who went 1-7 in conference. That game was AT HOME, with their STARTING QB.

Alabama is not better than FSU, on paper or anywhere else.

Seriously, shut it.
download.jpg

nathanlt

Reaction score

The supposedly sacred college season doesn't matter. The committee picks who they want, regardless of on the field performance and results.

nathanlt

Reaction score
The Seminoles and thier rightful playoff spot have been defended to this point with FACTS. The Committee for Profit advocates are left to memes and cartoons.... It seems appropriate.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Seminoles and thier rightful playoff spot have been defended to this point with FACTS. The Committee for Profit advocates are left to memes and cartoons.... It seems appropriate.
Fact #1: FSU was a top team for most of the season

Fact #2: FSU no longer has a QB

Fact #3: The purpose of the CFP is to pick the 4 best teams at the end of the season

Fact #4: FSU is no longer one of the 4 best teams since they no longer have a QB

FACTS!

nathanlt

Reaction score
Fact #1: FSU was a top team for most of the season

Fact #2: FSU no longer has a QB

Fact #3: The purpose of the CFP is to pick the 4 best teams at the end of the season

Fact #4: FSU is no longer one of the 4 best teams since they no longer have a QB

FACTS!
Falsehood: FSU no longer has a QB. Incorrect. FSU actually has 2 backup QB's, and they've beaten their opponents with backup QB's, one second string, one 3rd string. The rest of the team has rallied, and showed that they continue to win without what most consider to be an essential position. Undefeated, despite using 2nd and 3rd string QB's... Winning in all circumstances matters.

Falsehood: The purpose of the CFP is to pick the 4 best teams at the end of the season. Incorrect, but frequently spouted by so many, especially this year. They don't know for certain. The undefeated ACC Champion, beat an SEC team on the road without their starter at QB. They also beat a top 15 team without their 1st or 2nd string QB. When they had their 1st string QB, they beat a #5 SEC team on the road. Alabama was virtually out against an unranked Auburn team, except for a 4th and 31 conversion. Alabama at home with their starting QB, against a 1-7 record for Arkansas in the SEC, they won by merely 3 points, 1/3 of the margin of victory compared to FSU 2nd string QB vs Florida, and not even 1/3 of the margin of victory compared to FSU 3rd string QB vs Louisville. If FSU hasn't earned a spot in the playoff, then Alabama has given weak performances on the field, and is most certainly less deserving than FSU and likely other teams as well. Ohio State, for example only lost to the current #1. Ohio State should be #5 instead of Alabama. FSU is unequivocaly in the playoff, and should also be above a 1 loss Texas. 0 losses, better than 1 loss, it's quite simple. Conclusion: The motivator cannot be 4 best teams, it has to be profit above results on the field.

Falsehood: FSU is no longer one of the 4 best teams since they no longer have a QB. Combining two falsehoods will not make a fact.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Also, Alabama won by only 3 points, 24 to 21 against UNRANKED Arkansas who went 1-7 in conference. That game was AT HOME, with their STARTING QB.

Alabama is not better than FSU, on paper or anywhere else.

Seriously, shut it.
It has ALWAYS been the case in college football that what you do later in the season matters more.

This is a discussion with no right answer. No need to be rude to people.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Falsehood: FSU no longer has a QB. Incorrect. FSU actually has 2 backup QB's, and they've beaten their opponents with backup QB's, one second string, one 3rd string. The rest of the team has rallied, and showed that they continue to win without what most consider to be an essential position. Undefeated, despite using 2nd and 3rd string QB's... Winning in all circumstances matters.

Falsehood: The purpose of the CFP is to pick the 4 best teams at the end of the season. Incorrect, but frequently spouted by so many, especially this year. They don't know for certain. The undefeated ACC Champion, beat an SEC team on the road without their starter at QB. They also beat a top 15 team without their 1st or 2nd string QB. When they had their 1st string QB, they beat a #5 SEC team on the road. Alabama was virtually out against an unranked Auburn team, except for a 4th and 31 conversion. Alabama at home with their starting QB, against a 1-7 record for Arkansas in the SEC, they won by merely 3 points, 1/3 of the margin of victory compared to FSU 2nd string QB vs Florida, and not even 1/3 of the margin of victory compared to FSU 3rd string QB vs Louisville. If FSU hasn't earned a spot in the playoff, then Alabama has given weak performances on the field, and is most certainly less deserving than FSU and likely other teams as well. Ohio State, for example only lost to the current #1. Ohio State should be #5 instead of Alabama. FSU is unequivocaly in the playoff, and should also be above a 1 loss Texas. 0 losses, better than 1 loss, it's quite simple. Conclusion: The motivator cannot be 4 best teams, it has to be profit above results on the field.

Falsehood: FSU is no longer one of the 4 best teams since they no longer have a QB. Combining two falsehoods will not make a fact.
It’s not a falsehood. It is popular opinion that FSU is now a weaker team. Vegas certainly thinks so and all they care about is money.

nathanlt

Reaction score
It has ALWAYS been the case in college football that what you do later in the season matters more.

This is a discussion with no right answer. No need to be rude to people.
Like winning every game, throughout the season and late into the season, despite ultimately counting on your #3 QB?? Does that matter more???

Be consistent.

I make no apologies, those who side with a financially motivated decision that deprives a champion from the #3 spot in the college playoff, need to stop defending the SEC brainwash. Snapping out of that trance is important. An undefeated champion ACC beats out a 1 loss champion of an inferior conference. THAT IS THE RIGHT ANSWER.

You know what is beyond rude??? Stealing a playoff spot from FSU. The college football world KNOWS it was NOT a football decision. Stop offering weak excuses, cutting out the Seminoles in 2023 will always be indefensible. The talking heads are lining their pockets, while "feeling bad" for FSU... So disingenuous, their act is repulsive.

Last edited:

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Like winning every game, late in the season, despite counting on your #3 QB?? Does that matter more???

Be consistent.

I make no apologies, those who side with a financially motivated decision that deprives a champion from the #3 spot in the college playoff, need to stop defending the SEC brainwash. Snapping out of that trance is important. An undefeated champion ACC beats out a 1 loss champion of an inferior conference. THAT IS THE RIGHT ANSWER.

You know what is beyond rude??? Stealing a playoff spot from FSU. The college football world KNOWS it was NOT a football decision. Stop offering weak excuses, cutting out the Seminoles in 2023 will always be indefensible. The talking heads are lining their pockets, while feeling bad for FSU... So disingenuous, their act is repulsive.
You are obviously very emotionally invested in this.

Please remember that this is a GAME. None of it really matters.

I used to get emotionally invested in the Cowboys, but I eventually grew up.

Now….. I enjoy it if the Cowboys win, and I laugh at them if they loose.

It is a waste of time and energy to get mad and upset about an entertainment event.

nathanlt

Reaction score
You are obviously very emotionally invested in this.

Please remember that this is a GAME. None of it really matters.

I used to get emotionally invested in the Cowboys, but I eventually grew up.

Now….. I enjoy it if the Cowboys win, and I laugh at them if they loose.

It is a waste of time and energy to get mad and upset about an entertainment event.
There is right, and there is wrong.... This decision is very much wrong, intentionally wrong, and self serving to people far removed from what takes place on the football field.

I don't laugh when the Cowboys lose. I don't laugh when powerful people steal from those who are giving 100% heart. Do you?

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There is right, and there is wrong.... This decision is very much wrong, intentionally wrong, and self serving to people far removed from what takes place on the football field.

I don't laugh when the Cowboys lose. I don't laugh when powerful people steal from those who are giving 100% heart. Do you?
You are emotional about it and aren’t thinking completely clearly right now. It wasn’t an easy cut and dry decision. With having a panel making the decision, there will always be some subjectivity about the choices. It is like that with any sport that relies on fallible human’s judgement to make a call one way or the other. Whether it be baseball, gymnastics, ice skating, etc.

They aren’t stealing from anyone. If FSU is one of the best 4 teams, they need to go out and beat Georgia to prove it. If they do that, I might agree more with their complaints. Otherwise this is all useless talk.

For your sake, I hope that FSU doesn’t get curb stomped by the Bulldogs.

nathanlt

Reaction score
You are emotional about it and aren’t thinking completely clearly right now. It wasn’t an easy cut and dry decision. With having a panel making the decision, there will always be some subjectivity about the choices. It is like that with any sport that relies on fallible human’s judgement to make a call one way or the other. Whether it be baseball, gymnastics, ice skating, etc.

They aren’t stealing from anyone. If FSU is one of the best 4 teams, they need to go out and beat Georgia to prove it. If they do that, I might agree more with their complaints. Otherwise this is all useless talk.

For your sake, I hope that FSU doesn’t get curb stomped by the Bulldogs.
The best is determined by playoffs, not by those brainwashed by the SEC making a list and ignoring all the facts. You are wrong, and your counter is to say that I'm emotional. If Georgia wallops FSU, that is IRRELEVANT. FSU belongs in the playoff.

The entire playoff this year is fraudulent because of this decision. It is that impactful. When you watch the games over the next weeks, remember that. No National Champion this year. The college football world was deprived of seeing a legitimate champion.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Like winning every game, throughout the season and late into the season, despite ultimately counting on your #3 QB?? Does that matter more???

Be consistent.

You know what is beyond rude??? Stealing a playoff spot from FSU. The college football world KNOWS it was NOT a football decision. Stop offering weak excuses, cutting out the Seminoles in 2023 will always be indefensible. The talking heads are lining their pockets, while "feeling bad" for FSU... So disingenuous, their act is repulsive.
Nobody on this board has any say or sway in who gets a CFP birth. I just happen to agree that FSU is not the same team without their QB.

Did you lose some money ?

nathanlt

Reaction score
Nobody on this board has any say or sway in who gets a CFP birth. I just happen to agree that FSU is not the same team without their QB.

Did you lose some money ?
not a penny. Betting on sports is a fools game. It is entirely about right and wrong.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Wow, college football has made an inequitable decision. They've never done that before. The whole sport has always been based on opinions and pressure from those with money trying to make more money. This isn't the first and won't be the last even when they go to a 12 team playoff. There was always going to be a team left out. That doesn't make it fraudulent no matter how many times a person types that in this thread. FSU, based on opinion, which has always been the procedure, was deemed to be not as good as the four teams chosen. That could be the wrong decision, but it is the decision. There is nothing factual that says FSU(or Georgia or Ohio St) is better than the 4 teams chosen. There is nothing factual that makes the four teams chosen as being absolutely worthy. Just opinions. Sucks, but this has happened many times in college football.