Four CFP teams announced

nathanlt

Reaction score
What a terrible analogy.

New England sucks hard this year.

And Alabama won the toughest division in football by beating the #1 team in the country that also won the last 2 championships.

Try again.
So, what about the ACC, who beat the SEC 6 - 4 this year. Hmm... seems like the ACC Champion undefeated despite significant hardship beating 2 SEC teams, outranks the weaker SEC champion carrying around 1 loss to Texas.

Unless the decision is not about football. Committee for Profit, aka CFP.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Well, that and the fact the conference normally produces the national champion. Go Horned frogs, right?
Lol jesus, its funny but you didnt think TCU would beat Mich did you..heres the thing if its all SEC only then everyone else should just stop playing them and let ESPN live out its dream....kinda wierd though the depth seems to be shrinking during this NIL period..come to find out when they can get paid legally be anyone they stop wanting to be a backup while getting paid off the books at UG or bama..hmm, listening to Kirby and ole Nick cry about losing backups to the portal in NIL makes it all worth it..

Ghost12

Reaction score
What a terrible analogy.

New England sucks hard this year.

And Alabama won the toughest division in football by beating the #1 team in the country that also won the last 2 championships.

Try again.
There it is again... bringing up the past to justify this year's playoff selection....

Try again.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, what about the ACC, who beat the SEC 6 - 4 this year. Hmm... seems like the ACC Champion undefeated despite significant hardship beating 2 SEC teams, outranks the weaker SEC champion carrying around 1 loss to Texas.

Unless the decision is not about football. Committee for Profit, aka CFP.
The comparison is moot bc FSU lost their QB. You want another 65-7 CFP final?

Kentucky beat Louisville the ACC runner up, and that was just a few weeks ago. That gives you a clear picture of the quality of the ACC. The only quality win of an ACC team over a good SEC team was FSUs win over LSU week 1 with their QB. The top of the SEC is usually better than the top of any other conference and given the last 5 or 10 or 20 years, that is an obvious point.

Ghost12

Reaction score
The comparison is moot bc FSU lost their QB. You want another 65-7 CFP final?

Kentucky beat Louisville the ACC runner up, and that was just a few weeks ago. That gives you a clear picture of the quality of the ACC. The only quality win of an ACC team over a good SEC team was FSUs win over LSU week 1 with their QB. The top of the SEC is usually better than the top of any other conference and given the last 5 or 10 or 20 years, that is an obvious point.
Anyone but me notice that no one can defend this year's selection by looking exclusively at this year...?

New Mexico State whupped Auburn, and then Alabama needed an absolute miracle to beat that same Auburn team. That gives you a clear picture of the quality of the SEC.

Given the last 20 years, the Patriots should go to the playoffs over Jacksonville. After all, with Lawrence hurt the Jags have no chance.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anyone but me notice that no one can defend this year's selection by looking exclusively at this year...?

Given the last 20 years, the Patriots should go to the playoffs over Jacksonville. After all, with Lawrence hurt the Jags have no chance.
I can defend it in one sentence : FSU does not have a QB.

How’s that?

Ghost12

Reaction score

How’s that?
Last time I checked, football was a team sport. To quote a phrase I have seen going around:

You can cheat and make the playoffs.
You can lose and make the playoffs.
Just don't get injured!! Then you're out!!

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Last time I checked, football was a team sport. To quote a phrase I have seen going around:

You can cheat and make the playoffs.
You can lose and make the playoffs.
Just don't get injured!! Then you're out!!
The job of the CFP is to pick the 4 best teams. Currently , FSU is a 14 point dog to UGA. So there is no case to be made that they are a top 4 team as currently constructed. They had an opportunity to impress with their backup QBs and failed.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The job of the CFP is to pick the 4 best teams. Currently , FSU is a 14 point dog to UGA. So there is no case to be made that they are a top 4 team as currently constructed. They had an opportunity to impress with their backup QBs and failed.
Bama had a chance to win every game they failed....the loss wasnt even within the "Great conference" so now what?

nathanlt

Reaction score

How’s that?
And no one, not the SEC, not a top 5 team in LSU could beat them. Without their QB, a top 15 team could not beat them, losing by double digits. That is a powerhouse.

And, if you think for a moment, you'll finally understand the Lawrence injury comment.
Or the Carson Wentz injury with a QB 2 winning the Super Bowl,
Or the Ohio State # 3 QB winning the national championship in 2015.

Keep letting the wheels turn... you'll get it eventually.

nathanlt

Reaction score
Failed to impress?.... with a double digit win over a top 15 team... Yeah. Vegas has failed in the past, even up to 45.5 point underdog predictions, so a 14 point underdog is a pittance for the Seminoles, a team that shows championship heart. There is no football reason to put bama in, only a revenue reason. The job of the CFP is not to pick the "best 4 teams" as many are parroting. It's to make money for the networks, and to prop up the SEC in a down year. No SEC team deserves to be in, that's the reality of it all.... but the revenue might be hurt if they ended the Committee for Profit era ended that way.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And no one, not the SEC, not a top 5 team in LSU could beat them. Without their QB, a top 15 team could not beat them, losing by double digits. That is a powerhouse.
Its funny how you won’t use specific team names and specific scores, because it doesn’t make FSU sound as tough.

Folks. That “top 15 team” is #14 Louisville, and “losing by double digit points” is 10 points.

You know you’ve lost an argument when you claim that beating Louisville 16-6 makes you a powerhouse.

:lmao2:

Last edited:

nathanlt

Reaction score
Its funny how you won’t use specific team names and specific scores, because it doesn’t make FSU sound as tough.

Folks. That “top 15 team” is #14 Louisville, and “losing by double digit points” is 10 points.

You know you’ve lost an argument when you claim that beating Louisville 16-6 makes you a powerhouse.

:lmao2:
So, nothing I said was incorrect. Thanks... keep letting it sink in.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So, nothing I said was incorrect. Thanks... keep letting it sink in.
The claim that beating Louisville 16-6 makes them a powerhouse was “incorrect”.

If FSU beat Louisville alot more soundly like 36-6 (something a true powerhouse would do), they would probably be in the playoffs right now.

nathanlt

Reaction score

If FSU beat Louisville alot more soundly like 36-6 (something a true powerhouse would do), they would probably be in the playoffs right now.
The Noles beat them with their defense and a 3rd string QB, and yes, as you confirmed just now... double digits is the correct way to describe that. That takes more than one player, it takes a team.

“I am disgusted and infuriated with the committee’s decision today to have what was earned on the field taken away because a small group of people decided they knew better than the results of the games,” Norvell said in a statement. “What is the point of playing games? Do you tell players it is okay to quit if someone goes down? Do you not play a senior on Senior Day for fear of injury? Where is the motivation to schedule challenging non-conference games? We are not only an undefeated P5 conference champion, but we also played two P5 non-conference games away from home and won both of them. I don’t understand how we are supposed to think this is an acceptable way to evaluate a team.

Mike Norvell

Mike is right, it is not an acceptable way to evaluate a team. They don't quit when their QB 1 is out with career ending injury. They don't quit when their QB 2 is out with concussion protocol. Their only loss is to the Committee for Profit.

nathanlt

Reaction score

Also, Alabama won by only 3 points, 24 to 21 against UNRANKED Arkansas who went 1-7 in conference. That game was AT HOME, with their STARTING QB.

Alabama is not better than FSU, on paper or anywhere else.

Seriously, shut it.

Tussinman

Reaction score
They had an opportunity to impress with their backup QBs and failed.
That was the key to all of this. 55 yards passing for the entire game wasn't going to give voters confidence. I remember back in the day when Ohio State had their backup (Cardale Jones) they knew the only chance they had to get in was destroy Wisconsin in the championship game and they did (59 to 0).

Tussinman

Reaction score
Also, Alabama won by only 3 points, 24 to 21 against UNRANKED Arkansas who went 1-7 in conference. That game was AT HOME, with their STARTING QB.
And to be honest if that had been Alabama's final game (same with the Auburn game) then they would of not been selected. Timing has always been a gigantic factor in these late season rankings.