Adult Language Fox: Cowboys coach Mike McCarthy condemns Albert Huggins after he allegedly hit Rams intern

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Football is a passionate sport, the intern was in the way and this kid reacted. He shouldn't have done it, but it didn't look like it was done on purpose. Move on....
Watching it again, the intern wasn't really in his way. Hudgins accelerated into him to make contact. More of a jerk move than I initially thought. But still, not a hit, just a push onto grass. Jerk move, not an attack.

Reminds me of Vegas drivers. If you pull into the street in front of them and they have to slow their speed in the slightest, or even have to think about slowing their speed, they get all huffy and honk.
Meanwhile, only half the drivers here seem to have functional turn signals.
Savages.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Xbox series s, mayne
Xbox?:facepalm:

Off topic, but why the hell do you own an Xbox when they are literally porting all their games to Playstation, I mean I just heard Forza 5 is going to be released on PS5.

I honestly dont know why they even bother selling hardware anymore if they are just going to release all their games on their competitor's platform, doesnt seem like good business to me but what do I know, LOL!!!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
McCarthy was just trying to conduct a good natured TC and wanted to be fair to a visiting Ram's coach. Let's not fault him for doing his job. Huggins was lambasted appropriately for his foul play and apologized. These things occur in every camp every year. This is no exception. Some of the players get their tempers rattled and are dealt with accordingly. Let's not get crazy over things that have already been taken care of.

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

lol @ Calvin Watkins describing it as 'clipping'. That was an intentional hard shove. Dude was shoved off his feet a good three or four yards. There was nothing 'accidental' about it. Bad enough he obviously heard the whistle and exerted that much force while starting to 'pull up'.

Football can be a difficult sport. It takes coaching and personal discipline to keep it together but sometimes unnecessary aggression gets you. This was one of those times.

A defensive player has done these drills hundreds if not thousands of times by the time they get to the professional level. There is no way of knowing for certain but I would guess Albert Huggins has never done that two or three times in practice ever since Pee Wee. And probably never against anyone not wearing pads.

The cuss out was justified in my opinion. Maybe it will be enough to plant a tiny seed in his head to sprout during live games.

starfan1

Reaction score
I don't condone running over or pushing coaches but that was weak sauce. a lebron flop if you will but it does scream undiciplined and a player that will likely not make roster. or on second thought maybe he starts as cowboys have a knack for undiscipline players

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He certainly would have given him mouth to mouth.....
Jerry-Jones.jpg

Stephan will fight him for that job.

John813

Reaction score
I don't condone running over or pushing coaches but that was weak sauce. a lebron flop if you will but it does scream undiciplined and a player that will likely not make roster. or on second thought maybe he starts as cowboys have a knack for undiscipline players

Maybe a flop, but we are talking about a normal Joe being pushed by a 305lb NFL DT.

I mean, most people will go flying when pushed by a NFL player with that strength/weight disparity. Especially when he was trying to get out of Huggins way.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Completely unacceptable act by Huggins. This was a guy who looks all of 160lbs getting shoved by a 300+lb pro athlete. You stop the footage frame by frame this isn't any sort of flop job. 2 seconds in Huggins has two feet on the ground and is standing straight up making it hard to believe his momentum carried him into the coach. At 3 seconds in you can see full extension by Huggins and he stares him down as he starts running back to the Cowboys side. Completely intentional act. This is a career jag that got embarrassed by 2nd/3rd string guys in the preseason game. Shocked his is still on the team today.