News: Fox: Cowboys shouldn't focus on quarterback during 2021 draft, Troy Aikman says

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Always an excuse for Dak lol. Some of y'all want to pay a guy that always has some excuse for is junk play this big money lol. It can never be he just didn't get it done like the D always gets. Y'all are easily impressed by numbers and that's why there is always some excuse for why he doesn't get it done esp against better teams smh. Funny enough that the D played decent against better teams and top 10 still didn't do much.
What's funny is you're going by lasts years ranking.

Dre11

Reaction score
Thinking like this is why we passed on Dan Marino and stuck with Danny white.

lol...Dan Marino didn't win a superbowl either
but of course you miss both ways, you don't know what Lawerence will be in the NFL, you know you have a qb in Dak. stupid to waste a high pick, when you can get multiple high prospects

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Every team we play besides the Ravens have a losing record and we can still sweep the East . the defense is playing better and the line looks better.

So ya I think wins are possible in fact I think we could feasibly play with every team not named Baltimore

unfortunately I think we could lose them all also. I wouldn’t bet either way !

I guess my point is this whole trevor Lawrence garbage is just that. He’ll be gone by the time we pick. And if he isn’t and we cant find trade partner he is the only player I would pick that isn’t defense or Sewell

If the defense plays like it did last game, then no problem. I could see a few wins. But I very much doubt they are going to play like that the rest of the way. Lets not forget that our best corner is now out of the year and his replacement got torched after he was gone. We also lost crawford, for what that is worth. Chances are that more guys will go down then the other way around. Im not convinced this defense has turned any kind of corner. Then there is the fact that they are going back to Dalton when clearly Gilbert is the better QB, especially behind this battered line. Biadasz is out a few weeks and Looney is the ONLY thing holding up the center position from being complete disaster.

Special teams also played incredible last week. Will that continue? This offense is still going to struggle big time to score regardless. Unless the defense can hold teams under 20, I don't see many wins. Giants, Washington are all actually improving and so are the Eagles. Getting healthier.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
An extra 35+ million/year and two 1st round draft picks for Dak on the transition tag would go a long way in rebuilding the team. Although I'm sure Jerry could find a way of screwing that up to.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
An extra 35+ million/year and two 1st round draft picks for Dak on the transition tag would go a long way in rebuilding the team. Although I'm sure Jerry could find a way of screwing that up to.
If a QB isn't worth extending, who would give up two 1st round picks?

starfan1

Reaction score
If the defense plays like it did last game, then no problem. I could see a few wins. But I very much doubt they are going to play like that the rest of the way. Lets not forget that our best corner is now out of the year and his replacement got torched after he was gone. We also lost crawford, for what that is worth. Chances are that more guys will go down then the other way around. Im not convinced this defense has turned any kind of corner. Then there is the fact that they are going back to Dalton when clearly Gilbert is the better QB, especially behind this battered line. Biadasz is out a few weeks and Looney is the ONLY thing holding up the center position from being complete disaster.

Special teams also played incredible last week. Will that continue? This offense is still going to struggle big time to score regardless. Unless the defense can hold teams under 20, I don't see many wins. Giants, Washington are all actually improving and so are the Eagles. Getting healthier.
not disagreeing Im just pointing out that its not out of the question. also if things play out as you think the Trevor sweepstakes will be interesting. Id love for the boys to be in the mix just so they could gain some picks and drop down a few spots. We arent going QB in first round. at least its highly doubtful but Trevor is the only one Id consider and i might even go with the Sewell instead. alot has to do with Dak negotiations prior to the draft.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
You seem to be under the impression that I'm a Dakophant. I'm not. I see his flaws, but I see him getting a little better each season. He's gotten better at leading his receivers, and at throwing into tighter windows. He's also throwing to a spot more often, rather than waiting for them to get open. His accuracy has improved as well. He still needs to develop his pocket awareness, but I think that'll come.
He may never be a great QB, and I doubt he'll be elite, but he's good, going on very good.
No I don't seem to be under the impression you're a Dak anything. We are posting on this topic. You're using Dakophant logic so on that I guess you can say you're a Dakophant. I don't think you're one though. He's not getting better that's the thing. You see numbers getting better but that's not always the same thing. The things you say he's gotten better at he rarely does so how can he get better at it when he doesn't do it consistently? He's Kirk Cousisn going on Kirk Cousins of the Dallas Cowboys. If,that's good going very very good ok. We just disagree on that.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
What's funny is you're going by lasts years ranking.
If you wasn't jumping in late you'd understand why I did that smh. Folks come into a convo late and think they are dropping knowledge. Nothing funny about being wrong like yourself because you're late to the discussion.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
No I don't seem to be under the impression you're a Dak anything. We are posting on this topic. You're using Dakophant logic so on that I guess you can say you're a Dakophant. I don't think you're one though. He's not getting better that's the thing. You see numbers getting better but that's not always the same thing. The things you say he's gotten better at he rarely does so how can he get better at it when he doesn't do it consistently? He's Kirk Cousisn going on Kirk Cousins of the Dallas Cowboys. If,that's good going very very good ok. We just disagree on that.
He's literally improved every season. With essentially the same offensive weapons and a much lesser quality O line he was part of the No. 1 offense this season.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
If you wasn't jumping in late you'd understand why I did that smh. Folks come into a convo late and think they are dropping knowledge. Nothing funny about being wrong like yourself because you're late to the discussion.
Do you have a forum discussion rulebook? Looks like you have your own standards.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
He's literally improved every season. With essentially the same offensive weapons and a much lesser quality O line he was part of the No. 1 offense this season.
He was part of the inflated stats and 1-3 record. Yes you're correct but you like most are easily impressed.

Do you have a forum discussion rulebook? Looks like you have your own standards.
No dullard I don't have a rule book. You would save yourself looking stupid and being wrong if you just followed the discussion from the beginning. Maybe you don't mind looking stupid jumping in convos all emotional like.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He was part of the inflated stats and 1-3 record. Yes you're correct but you like most are easily impressed.
Not accurate, he started in 5 games.
The inflated stats theory has been debunked.

I purposely ignored the name calling, it gets you nowhere online.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Not accurate, he started in 5 games.
The inflated stats theory has been debunked.

I purposely ignored the name calling, it gets you nowhere online.
The truth can't be debunked. You ignored the name calling but mentioned it anyway to signal your alleged virtue? Lol ok buddy

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The truth can't be debunked. You ignored the name calling but mentioned it anyway to signal your alleged virtue? Lol ok buddy
I'm pointing that you can call me stupid online all you want. You're clearly internet tough, I have no dog in that fight big guy.

As for your "padded stats" theory, you're just wrong. It's been previously discussed with zero reply other than fans who understand it's wrong.
But for entertainment purposes, he you go. Again.

• Vs. the LA Rams, all of our points were in the first 3 quarters. None in the 4th. We had the lead going into the 2nd quarter and were about tied the first half.
  • Vs. Atlanta, 24 points were scored in the 1st three quarters, only 16 in the 4th.
  • Vs. Seattle, 22 points were scored in the 1st three quarters, only 9 in the 4th.
  • Vs. Cleveland, you can only look at the 4th quarter and use your nonsense theory. We were far behind, what do you think a team should do, NOT try to score points to win?
  • Vs. NY, we scored 38 points in the 1st three quarters, only 6 points in the 4th.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I'm pointing that you can call me stupid online all you want. You're clearly internet tough, I have no dog in that fight big guy.

As for your "padded stats" theory, you're just wrong. It's been previously discussed with zero reply other than fans who understand it's wrong.
But for entertainment purposes, he you go. Again.

• Vs. the LA Rams, all of our points were in the first 3 quarters. None in the 4th. We had the lead going into the 2nd quarter and were about tied the first half.
  • Vs. Atlanta, 24 points were scored in the 1st three quarters, only 16 in the 4th.
  • Vs. Seattle, 22 points were scored in the 1st three quarters, only 9 in the 4th.
  • Vs. Cleveland, you can only look at the 4th quarter and use your nonsense theory. We were far behind, what do you think a team should do, NOT try to score points to win?
  • Vs. NY, we scored 38 points in the 1st three quarters, only 6 points in the 4th.
I don't know why people always hide behind that you're Internet tough. I would say the same thing in your face in a similar circumstance. We just aren't face to face and that doesn't make me a tough guy at all. If that's "tough" you must live a super nice privileged life.

The Rams game was close so no expletive. Mentioning that game is just bad faith on your part. Hell your whole argument is bad faith. Using your bogus logic we were never down big in any of the games late in the second half. When you're trying that I know you're being disingenuous. Funny the one game when it was close the whole game Dak put up normal numbers. Asking me silly questions like the Cleveland game is why I called you "names" in the first place. When did I say you shouldn't try to score points? I'm under no illusion though being down by 2/3 tds in the fourth is ideal to winning. As long as Dak gets close y'all want to hype it up though. Don't blame me because I'm a believer of if Dak is sooo good they wouldn't go on these long stretches of not scoring if he's soo top 5-10 like y'all claim.

Tl:DR take your stolen from someone's twitter post logic and stuff it. Nobody will hit me over the head like we weren't down big in most of,these games like I didn't watch them.