News: Fox: How Dak Prescott-Cooper Rush QB controversy parallels Tony Romo's

pansophy

Reaction score
Hard to make this comparison in my opinion.
QBR:
2016: Dak 77.6
2022: Rush 66.9

Aftershock

Reaction score
Click bait
There is no comparison
Dak came in and won games
Rush has played really well but the defense has been a huge factor in most of our games
It’s not like rush has taken a game over with his passing
Dak has played really well but the defensive turnovers and the 4th overall pick in Elliott and arguably the best OL in the league was a huge factor in most of those games.
It’s not like Dak had taken a game over with his arm (2016).

did I do it right? :thumbup:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Why circulate this garbage "journalism?"
Prescott had a freak injury off a helmet for crying out loud. Romo was injured by a Southwest brisk wind.
There's literally ZERO chance Rush "puts the team on his shoulders" for 6 more games +. We'll be lucky to get past Philly.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Four minutes. 41 seconds. Oh well.

Pretty much 99% of the video has been rehashed in the greater sports media and here on CowboysZone also. My ears did perk up for the couple of seconds worth of, paraphrasing, "Jerry Jones had a fondness for Dak. Jerry Jones has a fondness for Cooper." That idiot is certifiable if he thinks Jones is as much or more gaga over Rush now as he was for Prescott in 2016.

Please let this man get the medical okay sooner than later.

12+88=7

Reaction score
It's about the wins, not the stats.

In 2016 management decided to stay with the hot hand instead of the better QB.

If Dallas wins this week against the perceived best team in the NFC, the same decision will be made I believe.

pansophy

Reaction score

If Dallas wins this week against the perceived best team in the NFC, the same decision will be made I believe.
That's not what they decided. They decided that Romo's body was never going to be able to hold up in the future and so they moved on from Romo entirely. Yes, Romo was the better QB (and it wasn't close IMO), but the organization saw a path to an easy transition at QB and took it.

There is no scenario where we walk away from Dak's salary, so all this conversation is pointless.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

The skill margin isn't even close. Rush isn't the hot hand and is a very minimal contributing part of the offense. It would be insane not to play the better player.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
How about comparing their QBR for this year?

Dak 19.5
Rush 66.9

from the 4 letter company's website.

Well to be fair Dak only had Cee Dee as a receiver. Houston was the starter? No preseason work. And you had Moore before McCarthy wheeled him in. To bad Dan Quinn can't coach offense. Dak would probably be Brady.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I don’t think it parallels Romo at all since they are in entirely different parts of their careers and contracts.
The proper parallel is when Troy Aikman missed the final 5 games of the season, Steve Beurline helped us win those 5 games, and despite Aikman being healthy, Jimmy stayed with the hot hand and started Beurline in the playoffs. We know how that turned out. Similar teams too since that was the Dallas team with a defense making a name for itself along with Emmitt and the run game.