Twitter: Fox targeting Witten for TNF analyst

Verdict

Reaction score
I would like to hear him in the booth. Not yet though... I'd like him to mentor some young guys and be the reliable player he's always been for one more year.
Not 98% of the snaps guy, but he has a significant place on this team.

I would like to see his slow running *** gone from the Cowboys.

Verdict

Reaction score
Last year's draft was loaded with TE's and the Cowboys didn't take one. This year's class is very thin.
So this will probably be the year this team tries to target a TE yet again

Andrews would be an improvement over Witten, instantly.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I would like to see his slow running *** gone from the Cowboys.
I know V brother. I know. I ain't diving into that pool. I've already said my peace. It's softened... not at all really.

Iron_Man

KevinU
Reaction score
Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t know that Peyton has the demeanor to be in the booth. He definitely doesn’t have the personality Romo does. I’m sure he would be able to break a game down great, but would people want to listen to him every week?

I can see it now Peyton will be yellin OMAHA on every play...

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He would be foolish to not get out of football and take that job unless he plans on coaching.

Meh. If he wants a shot calling games, he'll end up with one from somebody. He's healthy and can still play and not the type of guy to quit early for a shot at the booth. He'll play until he can't or can't commit to the work, and then decide what to do after his career is completely over.

Verdict

Reaction score
Meh. If he wants a shot calling games, he'll end up with one from somebody. He's healthy and can still play and not the type of guy to quit early for a shot at the booth. He'll play until he can't or can't commit to the work, and then decide what to do after his career is completely over.

Man, you just HAD to rain on my parade, didn't you? Lol

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is is sad that networks can tell when when one of our players is done before our Front Office does?
Where is the evidence of that? Fox knows JWit is near the end and they know how well spoken and popular he is. This is nothing but a smart strategy on their part to let them know how they feel about him.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Where is the evidence of that? Fox knows JWit is near the end and they know how well spoken and popular he is. This is nothing but a smart strategy on their part to let them know how they feel about him.

It really is a testament to how our organization just rules when their highest paid players are getting courted by the networks for jobs.

I mean, what other NFL franchise can say that they have the networks going after their talent like this?

Gameover

Reaction score
I doubt if he takes the job. He’s given Jerry his word he’s not retiring, and he’s too stubborn to walk away

AlienBoy

Reaction score
Fox? Did they take over Thursday Night Football? Thought it belonged to CBS, NBC and NFL Network.