Frank Pollack Out as Cowboys O-line Coach

Aven8

Reaction score
Good grief......these guys are being scapegoated here, and I'm sure got lazy. But that's the culture presented. Just wipe the slate clean already and start a new!!!!

Reactions: BAT

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was kind of silly, don't you think? He did make a big mistake by not changing things up enough when Gruden left. I like him as an OL coach, not a HC.

What was silly? The allegations?

Gaede

Reaction score
Man, replacing one or two coaches, whatever. But we’ve lost almost all of them. You’d think we’d hear something of a plan by now as to what they’re going to do. Or whom they’re going to interview

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
Just promote Marc Columbo

I've always liked ole Colombo, especially after this night. Could not stand that punk Brandon Jacobs.

Not sure if liking him as a player, translates into him being a great coach, but in my heart of heart it does. Look at Leon Lett, I would have never thought he would be a coach, much less a good one.

Last edited:

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
There has been coaches who did not want to work for Jerry.

Now we will hear stories about assistant coaches who don't want to work for Garrett and eventually scapegoated for his inadequacies.

Reactions: BAT

Everson24

Reaction score
I would love Mike Munchak, but he would have to get the OC job and that's not happening. I was thrilled when we landed Bill Callahan a few years ago because, in my opinion, he is the best O-line teacher out there. He was also most likely a long-term answer as he had already failed as a head coach and OC. But wouldn't you know it, our front office and coaching staff found a way to get him run out of town. Expect this line to get even sloppier in the next few years. I saw it coming as soon as Callahan left.

Everson24

Reaction score
I would seriously consider Mike Munchak. He is currently the OL Coach for the Steelers but he has been around for awhile in the NFL and has done a pretty good OL/OC. If we could bring him over as assistant OC, he might be a guy who could step in and replace Linehan eventually. He would immediately help our OL.

JMO
Why would he leave Pittsburgh to come here? He would have to be promoted to OC at the very least.

Quickdraw

Reaction score
I'm surprised they didn't bring in Ryan Leaf, or Chad Hutchinson to be the QB coach. They can't be any worse than Moore, who has never coached in his life and wasn't that great a QB either IMO.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, the allegations.

Yeah, they sure sounded baseless.

But my point was to show that there are certainly examples of people and places that Callahan had issues with.

Like @Idgit pointed out, he's a great offensive line coach, but he can be a jerk and rub people the wrong way as well. But I also agree that I wish that things could have worked out where he was happy and stayed. Our line is better off with than without him.

He and Dante Scarnecchia would be on my "Mt. Rushmore" of current offensive line coaches in the league.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder how this exodus will affect the communication and continuity of the coaching staff. I've always looked at the staff as I'v looked at the offensive line, chemistry and a clear direction is needed for the unit to succeed.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm starting to wonder how this exodus will affect the communication and continuity of the coaching staff. I've always looked at the staff as I'v looked at the offensive line, chemistry and a clear direction is needed for the unit to succeed.

I agree with you. Continuity is important, except of course where a coach's unit has obviously done a poor job. And while I think you could make that claim in some areas where we're having change, I don't think you can for all of them.

With Pollack, I can see things going either way. And I'd feel better if they had a clear replacement and obvious upgrade already in mind.