Frank Pollack Out as Cowboys O-line Coach

Dwight

Reaction score
Wasn't a fan of Frank Pollack.

The oline underperformed this past season but played well in 2016. Leary was the missing piece.

However, the problems (FO and Clapper) are still there.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I don’t think Pollack did a bad job. Consider that we still had the best O-Line in football in 2015 and 2016 and that was with Doug Free. But there were some issues such as Leary being better than Collins in 2016, but we started Collins at LG and it wasn’t until he got hurt that we saw Leary was the better player. Then this year we did the same thing with Green over Cooper. It really ruined Green as he wasn’t ready to play LT despite playing well at LT in 2016.

That’s tough to let that go for two years in a row without somebody being held accountable. And Green was a Pollack pick. However, I’m sure that Garrett weighed in heavily in Collins starting over Leary and then Green starting over Cooper. But Garrett will pass the buck onto Pollack.

YR

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And on that note the Cowboys announced Doug Free will be taking over as ol coach specializing in my personal favorite the lookout block
:muttley:

Joking guys don't jump off a bridge

visionary

Reaction score
Honest question: everyone knows the HC and OC/DC are on the hot seat next year. If you're an up and coming position coach, why would you want to come here unless you're just not getting a job. In that case why should we hire that person?

Sounds like we will get the absolute dregs of coaching

phildadon86

Reaction score
With all this O-staff purging, plus the ongoing rumor that Scotty’s boy, Kellen Moore, may be hired as QBC, I guess we can pencil in Linehan as being the OC for at least 2-3 more seasons.
Or even worse, setting him to up to take over for JG when he inevitably gets fired next season......

reddyuta

Reaction score
Everybody on the oline had a poor year except Collins who i think is getting better.i can understand Martin and tyron with their injuries but was dissapointed in Tfred who was nowhere near his all pro best last season.If we have a chance to replace Cooper with a dominant guard in the draft then we should take it.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Pollard had a hard act to follow but just didn't measure up to his predecessor.

Hopefully, the next RB coach to come might at least come closer to doing so.

ummm, Pollard was the O-line coach. I hear we may be looking for a RB coach too. I think that was Gary Brown

Jipper

Reaction score
good move, sounds like we continue to clean house....i hope this lights a fire under a lot of the position coaches to understand that their jobs are not safe...

Also, I have said it many times before (on the dc.com forum before coming here) but I feel that we will see linehan or Rod go, they are just evaluating right now and have not made the decision yet.