Frank Pollack Out as Cowboys O-line Coach

gmoney112

Reaction score
Pollack wasn't that bad. Green was crap this year but Collins developed.

He wasn't super duper incredible but you could do worse. It's not like he called for Green to have absolutely no help for an entire game while getting killed... cough.

I have a feeling I'm going to hate the replacement. If it's Columbo, just shoot me.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Pollack wasn't that bad. Green was crap this year but Collins developed.

He wasn't super duper incredible but you could do worse. It's not like he called for Green to have absolutely no help for an entire game while getting killed... cough.

I have a feeling I'm going to hate the replacement. If it's Columbo, just shoot me.

Well, I can honestly say from experience that some just gotta hate :rolleyes:

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
BTW, the OP is still only rumor. The same as McClay going to the Texans to be their GM. No he isn't. We know two coaches are gone (fact and confirmed).... Dooley and Bisaccia, so far that's all we know to be fact

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Well, when 2/5ths of the O-line is new, I don't blame Pollard for anything really. Did anyone think we could just replace 2/5ths of the line without some growing pains. I surely don't blame him for T Smiths back, groin and knee issues. I'm not sure who to blame for making the decision that Greenie was a good swing tackle. I suppose that was based on 2016 when he played pretty well when Smith was out. I think we jut want to blame someone. Blame inexperience IMO or I could blame McClay, Director of Player Personnel, for bringing in Bell. Nah, I'm not blaming anyone

Obviously, the FO and staff doesn't agree with you -- so there's that to consider. He was responsible for seeing to it that they were more productive than what they were and they stunk it up. There are always excuses for poor play and surely he wasn't entirely to blame for things beyond his control, although, evidently what he did wasn't enough to make them do better than the shabby performance that ensued. Let's see if someone else can make a positive difference. There's certainly no other choice to be had as it now stands if he's truly out.

Last edited:

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Our OL is the only advantage we have on this team. You don't hamstring your few advantages in the big boy league by getting subpar coaches.

Agree, our O-line was and still is the strength of the team. No argument there. And Zeke. We all knew that it would take time for the line to gel. It did. Collins played better than Free eventually. Cooper will never be Leary but he played respectably well. What happens with Cooper in FA is the next question. If he leaves, guess what. Guard becomes another priority in a fairly long list including swing tackle

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Obviously, the FO and staff doesn't agree with you -- so there's that to consider. He was responsible for seeing to it that they were more productive than what they were and they stunk it up. There are always excuses for poor play and surely he wasn't entirely to blame for things beyond his control, although, evidently what he did wasn't enough to make them do better than the shabby performance that ensued. Let's see if someone else can make a positive difference. There's certainly no other choice to be had as it now stands.

o_O er.... what?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Your new OL coach.

The thing about him is that he thinks he can coach up dirt. They went years going off of his recommendations of taking some converted DL a tackle and then this year they traded for Duane Brown and it didn't work out.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
More than 2016? When they dominated the league as the best OL in football?
Yes, they were great in 2016, but we're missing 2 guys since then. One(Free) of which everyone thought would be easily replaced......he wasn't replaced. Btw, what did the line's greatness get us in 2016? .........0-1 in the play offs:(

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Just go ahead hand over the most important position coach on the team position to someone with exactly two years of being an asst. OL.

What could possibly go wrong?
If they like what they’ve seen why not? Gotta start somewhere. It’s not like he’s the play caller. He could be good.