Frank Reich fired in Carolina

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Tepper is doing tremendous damage to himself and the organization with knee-jerk tantrums like this.

No self-respecting coach will take that job at this point.
It goes deeper than just knee jerk reactions. He had plans for a multi million dollar practice facility/headquarters in South Carolina and pulled out mid-construction due a disagreement with the town. He is a frequent meddler, even instructing Ron Rivera to convert to a 3-4 defensive scheme his last year here because he was comfortable with it because they did it in Pittsburgh.

They cut a Guard 2 weeks ago, and local media joked that his wife (a 33 year old woman that he just married a few years ago that has been elevated to a FO position) was sitting in on practice watching OL drills.

Not to mention he owns the MLS team here locally. They've played two seasons and he's fired two coaches, the first of which wasn't even allowed to finish the inaugural season because he was so outspoken over the ownership.

Tepper is god fricking awful.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I think everyone assumed he was the one that made Wentz actually into an almost MVP candidate at one time.
I don’t disagree with the assumption as Wentz was not the same after he left, but a HC’s role is so much bigger than molding the QB. Doug is phenomenal leader of men. Our 2017 team was probably the most coach-elevated in Philly history, and what he did last year was nuts. People want to chalk it up to “oh it’s just because he’s not Urban Meyer” when it was a team that was drafting 1st overall before Urban ever got there

Aven8

Reaction score
Tepper is doing tremendous damage to himself and the organization with knee-jerk tantrums like this.

No self-respecting coach will take that job at this point.
Had Matt Rhule just sat out of football he would have made another 40million….but Nebraska is paying him now

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Maybe the butt kicking we gave them had a lot to do with it lol
Doubt it, blowouts happen to every team, even good teams (SF 42 Dal 10, anyone?). If the Dallas win was the reason why'd they wait until after the next game to do it?

But I get your point....

Aven8

Reaction score
I don’t disagree with the assumption as Wentz was not the same after he left, but a HC’s role is so much bigger than molding the QB. Doug is phenomenal leader of men. Our 2017 team was probably the most coach-elevated in Philly history, and what he did last year was nuts. People just chalk it up to “oh it’s just because he’s not Urban Meyer” when it was a team that was drafting 1st overall before Urban ever go there
Oh make no mistake Pederson is a stud. Letting him go was crazy. None of your HC’s I have hated since Ryan and the new tool. But I give credit where credit is due.

CowboyDawg

Reaction score
Panthers owner is a control freak moron.

Hiring Frank Reich in the first place was wild to me. I don’t remember him ever doing anything that I found impressive.

That franchise is in trouble for a few years, especially considering their lack of draft capital or roster assets.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Hey, Reich has (or maybe had, I don't keep up that well with things like that) the biggest comeback ever as a quarterback in both college and the NFL!

So that means he should be an excellent coach, right?

Owners can be impressed by someone just like anybody....

:thumbup:

Blackspider214

Reaction score
They traded up to get a bad QB when they could have just drafted Stroud. And they paid for it. Bryce Young isn't good.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Don’t feel sorry for the organization. Had a chance to keep Steve Wilks but let him go. Now, Wilks is in SF working with a better team.

Wouldn’t be surprised if some of the players didn’t like how that was handled and basically gave up on the FO.

kskboys

Reaction score
Kellen Moore? I was told on here by several people how great he is and we couldn’t afford to lose him. :laugh:
Who in hades are you talking about? Man, you must base your thoughts on the posts of like 3 guys.