Frank Reich fired in Carolina

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
And then pulled the plug on him after less than one season.

No respectable coach with options will sign up for that. But someone who sees an easy payday and money for nothing after they’re quickly fired might.
+1 but keep an eye on Harbaugh ( I'm not sure you make this kind of move w/o another name in your pocket ).

slick325

Reaction score
This seems premature. But, who knows what has gone on behind the scenes.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
‘What is that? A war zone?”

”No, those are coaching careers of losing teams that had to wrap up the season against the Cowboys.”

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
+1 but keep an eye on Harbaugh ( I'm not sure you make this kind of move w/o another name in your pocket ).
That’s an interesting idea.

Maybe the stars align and Tepper gets a name coach while Harbaugh gets an out from scandal?

jrumann59

Reaction score
Tepper is doing tremendous damage to himself and the organization with knee-jerk tantrums like this.

No self-respecting coach will take that job at this point.
I agree you need to give a HC at least 3 years and as many as 5 in some cases depending on how messed up the roster is he inherited. But 3 years is fair to judge progression.

Silverz1972

Reaction score
If they selected stroud, he would still be there.

Now pittsburgh should really be looking at some changes. Their staff has lost control of the team. The WR coach needs to be canned at least. Never seen a player do what dionte did. Lol

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He didn’t even make it through his first season in Carolina. He’s done as an NFL head coach. An incredibly dumb organization for trading the farm to move up for Bryce Young who has bust written all over him. They passed up CJ Stroud who’s having the greatest rookie season ever for a QB. Talk about adding insult injury.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Frank Reich wanted to draft CJ Stroud. Instead, dummy Panthers owner, Tepper, chose who he liked......Bryce Young.

Should have listened to your head coach! Looks like dumbarse Tepper ought to fire himself instead. So this coward of an owner fires his head coach for the owner's own hard-headed, stubborn and horrible draft picking of a dud of a QB in Bryce Young?

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Who would even want that job, lack of talent and no first round pick?

quickccc

Reaction score
No, DQ is not going to Carolina. They will look for an offense minded coach to help Bryce Young.
I dunno about Quinn Not going to Carolina,.. it depends upon the what Carolina has to offer.
A losing team that is looking at new HC is not gonna be always Cinderella in a Ball gown at first.

- And it depends upon the energy and direction of that HC and team, is that losing team still playing hard
scrapping and clawing hard and competiting for it's HC ?
Look at Houston Texans ..and then look at Carolina (ditto for HC Eberfus and the Chicago Bears as well)

- The Panthers already have their franchise QB in Bryce Young .. you can use FA, trades and NFL draft
to build a better support cast around him, if personnel dept is adept.

- And it also depends very heavily what " quality" coaches Quinn would chose in all phases of the ball.
Maybe that was Frank Reich's failure.
And Carolina owner is far less tolerant than what Reich had at Indy.

lwehlers

Reaction score
Tepper is doing tremendous damage to himself and the organization with knee-jerk tantrums like this.

No self-respecting coach will take that job at this point.
panthers are run like the cowboys were run in jerry jones first eight years after johnson until parcells was hired in 2003.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hire Jason Gatrett
I can see his first meeting with the players in my mind's eye...

Jason Garrett will walk straight to the whiteboard, write "F-I-G-H-T", put the marker down and then slowly scan the room to see the light of inspiration begin to glow in peoples' eyes...