Frank Reich fired in Carolina

Motorola

Reaction score
I am hearing Reich wanted to trade for Young, so I suppose if this is the case he was a sitting duck. Lina will forefit the #1 overall pick to Da Bears, and it will be a very interesting off season seeing what they do with that pick. In all fairness, Bryce has zero to work with...
I've read the opposite -- Reich wanted C. J. Stroud -- but the FO aka Mr. and Mrs. Tepper was for Young -- and persuaded GM Fitterer to side with them and over rule the HC.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Josh daniels and denny green are available.
AUve.gif

quickccc

Reaction score
Mac Jones has a defensive-minded HC, as does Zach Wilson, as does Justin Fields, as does Kenny Pickett.

Meanwhile Dak had Garrett and McCarthy, Lawrence has Pederson, Hurts has Sirianni, Purdy has Shanahan, Tua has McDaniel, Love has Lafleur, Burrow has Taylor, Goff had Mcvay…

At some point you need to connect the dots.

I can see teams aiming for offensive HC but do they risk overlooking and phasing out
a more qualified HC instead of hiring just for the sake of offense and the QB?

- CJ Strout has defensive minded HC DeMarco Ryan.. is that a mismatch ?

- Baltimore Ravens have an ex-Special teams coach as their long time HC, is that a mismatch ?

- Raiders fired HC Josh Daniels was supposedly an offensive genius and QB oriented coach
but yet did that work out ?

- Pete Carroll is a defensive minded HC (who we'll face Thursday, BTW) with a SB resume and a renewed
QB in supposed 1st rd bust Gino Smith.

- Detroit seems to be headed in right direction under ex-TE coach Dan Campbell.

- Dan Quinn as a defensive minded HC, brought the Falcons to their first ever SB vs Pats

lopey

Reaction score
It's a circus here in Charlotte. MNot sure how you don't fire the GM first. Dudes drafts and moves have been atrocious.

David Tepper probably genuinely thinks that coaching is what is setting Stroud apart from Bryce right now.
Owner and GM are the issue. Terrible drafting. Ol line is atrocious. Young has no chance

JayFord

Reaction score
I can see teams aiming for offensive HC but do they risk overlooking and phasing out
a more qualified HC instead of hiring just for the sake of offense and the QB?

- CJ Strout has defensive minded HC DeMarco Ryan.. is that a mismatch ?

- Baltimore Ravens have an ex-Special teams coach as their long time HC, is that a mismatch ?

- Raiders fired HC Josh Daniels was supposedly an offensive genius and QB oriented coach
but yet did that work out ?

- Pete Carroll is a defensive minded HC (who we'll face Thursday, BTW) with a SB resume and a renewed
QB in supposed 1st rd bust Gino Smith.

- Detroit seems to be headed in right direction under ex-TE coach Dan Campbell.

- Dan Quinn as a defensive minded HC, brought the Falcons to their first ever SB vs Pats
falcons first superbowl was in 98 with Dan Reeves

blueblood70

Reaction score
Kellen Moore? I was told on here by several people how great he is and we couldn’t afford to lose him. :laugh:
Probably not the big time rumor and yes it's a big rumor is Kellen Moore might be taking over where he's at now as the next head coach as they might want an offensive minded coach...

MikeT22

Reaction score
If he was the Cowboys HC Jerry would’ve kept him around for 7-8 years.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The GM should be fired you take away most of the talent off this team, like Christian McCaffrey, DJ Moore, and many others and give your rookie quarterback, not many weapons at all.

I mean, you strip the team down and then what you give the new head coach 10 games to turn it around??
that’s it , that’s a society of NOWor be gone. they’re so ridiculous that they get rid of coaches within the first year without giving him a chance to build something the man should get 3 to 4 years to build a program like they do in college, you got to get rid of the old players and then you got a restock talent and then you have to adjust your playbook to Match the new talent.

You can’t do that in one year. It’s insane to think so you’re doing this to appease fans if nothing else or you have a GM and an owner with a big ego.​

I don’t know any coach can turn the team around that strip down and as bad as they are in one year let alone 10 games, it’s insane and I’m not a fan of any of these teams but I’m a tell you right now it’s Dumb the GM and the owner are flat out Dumb...

We’ve seen it happened to the Browns and the Jets and really the most ridiculous has been the Arizona Cardinals the last 10 years have done this way too often and what has it got them an overpaid quarterback, and a team that’s not winning any more games in the original head coach they fired that was doing pretty well.

So I’m not sure how this is a blueprint for success it’s just in my opinion and ego and appeasing fans they know fans are upset so they just make a change just fire a guy don’t worry about his livelihood, his family, and all that other stuff the coach only got 10 games to turn a franchise around.
That’s just awesome.

Rant over

quickccc

Reaction score
ATL did as well being that they didnt show up

shouldve been denver vs minnesota
Minny dropped the ball ... they had home field vs ATL, and they still got upset.

Minny vs Denver would have been a more attractive, ratings getter game for a SB.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
My goodness.......when the season started I thought it would be a min cycle coz so many 1st and 2nd year coaches. I was thinking 3-4.......but Riveria-Commanders, Stately-Chargers, Belichick-Pats, Taylor-Bengals, Smith-Falcons, Boldes-Bucs (and there's always a surprise) could get their walking papers.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If a coach had no pride in his work and was just looking for some easy money for retirement, Carolina is the place.

Tepper is paying Matt Rhule $36 million over four years not to coach for him.

And he’s now paying Frank Reich $27 million for the next three seasons not to coach for him.

Not bad non-work if you can get it.