Frank Reich fired in Carolina

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
as I’ve said forever, it was an awful hire. Tepper loves paying ex coaches doesn’t he? He must do this in his regular business as well. Fires CEO’s constantly
Agree! I was stunned when they named him vs others they were looking at. Also was stunned they preferred Young. Just a poorly run team!

kskboys

Reaction score
He didn’t even make it through his first season in Carolina. He’s done as an NFL head coach. An incredibly dumb organization for trading the farm to move up for Bryce Young who has bust written all over him. They passed up CJ Stroud who’s having the greatest rookie season ever for a QB. Talk about adding insult injury.
and then take a gander at some of the guys they dumped:

DJ Moore
Matt Ioannidis
Miles Hartfield
McCaffrey
Donta Foremen
Cory Littleton
Damien Wilson

And some backups as well. New players scattered all over the roster w/ a slow midget for a QB. Yeah, there's the formula for success.

kskboys

Reaction score
Frank Reich wanted to draft CJ Stroud. Instead, dummy Panthers owner, Tepper, chose who he liked......Bryce Young.

Should have listened to your head coach! Looks like dumbarse Tepper ought to fire himself instead. So this coward of an owner fires his head coach for the owner's own hard-headed, stubborn and horrible draft picking of a dud of a QB in Bryce Young?
I like Reich. Wouldn't mind at all if we hired him as our OC.

DZSierra

Reaction score
I like Reich. Wouldn't mind at all if we hired him as our OC.
I think someone else mentioned it here... it would make more sense if he (Reich) held a "consultive" position to the Eagles. He's been with them before and the guy is originally from Pennsylvania. Tepper will paying most of his salary for the next so many years, so little doubt Roseman could be able to get him pretty cheap if Reich wanted to go back.

From what I've read, seems like he may want to go into college (or something else) coaching somewhere.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I think someone else mentioned it here... it would make more sense if he (Reich) held a "consultive" position to the Eagles. He's been with them before and the guy is originally from Pennsylvania. Tepper will paying most of his salary for the next so many years, so little doubt Roseman could be able to get him pretty cheap if Reich wanted to go back.

From what I've read, seems like he may want to go into college (or something else) coaching somewhere.
He may defer to a stronger calling in his life. Frank Reich is an ordained minister.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I think everyone assumed he was the one that made Wentz actually into an almost MVP candidate at one time.
No almost about it. Had Wentz not blown out his knee, he wins the MVP award that season. I had him in fantasy and watched him almost every game that season and he was incredible.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Said it before and will say it again........Harbaugh is a strong candidate

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/11/28/carolina-panthers-david-tepper-frank-reich-fired-philosophy

That could be Detroit’s Johnson, a young, smart-as-a-whip guru whom you’d have to project as a leader, but who learned under one of the NFL’s best in that department, in Dan Campbell. It could be Michigan’s Jim Harbaugh, who reached out to the Panthers last year about their opening, and has spoken with Tepper, and clearly has a great feel for building a program and managing the ins and outs of games and seasons

StuckMojo

Reaction score
I am hearing Reich wanted to trade for Young, so I suppose if this is the case he was a sitting duck. Lina will forefit the #1 overall pick to Da Bears, and it will be a very interesting off season seeing what they do with that pick. In all fairness, Bryce has zero to work with...
I live an hour from Charlotte, all I’ve heard is Reich and other coaches wanted Stroud while Tepper/Tepper’s wife wanted Young. Apparently Tepper’s wife has a lot of influence.

Big_D

Reaction score
That hire in the first place tells you that is a clueless organization. The owner makes terrible decisions and it’s a problem. GM should’ve been sent packing also.

DZSierra

Reaction score
One thing that doesn't make the national news is that in last 2 years, Tepper has fired two soccer coaches as well.

Tepper refused to answer a reporters question the other day by a reporter who didn't write a very flattering piece about him.

I think the bigger issus is this guy apparently is a great funds manager making himself a billioniare, but his management style and personality doesn't cross over well to managing sports teams because he fancies himself just as good in sports as what made him money.

If this is not permitted aplogies, but a decent article IMO

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/11/28/carolina-panthers-david-tepper-frank-reich-fired-philosophy

kskboys

Reaction score
I live an hour from Charlotte, all I’ve heard is Reich and other coaches wanted Stroud while Tepper/Tepper’s wife wanted Young. Apparently Tepper’s wife has a lot of influence.
Influence. Slang for...............................................

DZSierra

Reaction score
Apparently Tepper’s wife has a lot of influence.
Although Nicole Tepper is the Cheif Adminstrative office for the Carolina Panthers (I believe the parent company who owns the panthers) whom tepper married in 2016, I'd like to not throw a man's wife under the bus due to the "torch and pitchfork burn em to the ground" crowd.

Really can't find any information on exactly what her work history was before marrying Tepper other than fluff write ups since she Married Tepper, but she did by all accounts help in the interview process in person both Young and Stroud.

Scott Fitterer (sp?) the GM of the panthers by all accounts will be up next on the chopping block, but we go back to exactly who is good at their job will actually want to work for the Peppers?

Watching the local news last night, a local "Panthers analyst" made the point that since there are only 32 NFL teams in the world, high end positions such as GM and head coach are a rare opportunity. Added, anyone taking the job will most like get a guaranteed contract as Reich is still owed by all accounts 36 million dollars until 2026. What's interesting is I read that the colts are still paying Reich's salary now that he was let go (which honestly I don't understand if that is the case) until 2026 which by all accounts will be for a total of 36 miliion dollars. I do think if anyone can budget their money, they could live a long happy life with that amount LOL Heck, Rhule was paid around 40 miliion for being let go by Tepper. That said, when your a billionaire, what's 30 million here or 40 million there gone?

Luckily I'm not a Panthers fan although I do get stuck watching them on Sunday's for games though. After Tepper bought the team and he brought Rhule in, I figured it was going to become a dumpster fire, and boy, did it ever.

Again, for all the fans who think they're stuck in haydes with Jerry and Stephen, it really could be worse.

Last edited:

DZSierra

Reaction score
This is a dumb, but sincere question...

Why is this thread even in the cowboys fan forum section? I consider this kind of news more like the "NFL zone" because it is kind of news breaking for the NFL, but exactly what does any other team who makes the news really have to do with what the cowboys do? I get free agents that could come play for the cowboys, but the reality is I don't think the Jones boys will be looking to hire Reich will they?

Motorola

Reaction score
This is a dumb, but sincere question...

Why is this thread even in the cowboys fan forum section? I consider this kind of news more like the "NFL zone" because it is kind of news breaking for the NFL, but exactly what does any other team who makes the news really have to do with what the cowboys do? I get free agents that could come play for the cowboys, but the reality is I don't think the Jones boys will be looking to hire Reich will they?
There appears to be no hard and fast rule on a non-thread being created in the 'Fan Zone'
A thread was created here when Colts LB Leonard was released - but the Cowboys want to pick him up - so that topic is pertinent here.
But then there's three threads about the Eagles - none which involve the Cowboys (other than being a division rival).
Some non-Cowboys topics get moved out once they are created, while others are not.