Frank Reich fired in Carolina

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
I've read the opposite -- Reich wanted C. J. Stroud -- but the FO aka Mr. and Mrs. Tepper was for Young -- and persuaded GM Fitterer to side with them and over rule the HC.
if that is the case, which could very well be true, that franchise is in worse shape than anyboy could imagine. That will go down as the worst trade in the history of worst trades in the NFL. Pass on a franchise not once, but twice? Yikies...

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I can see teams aiming for offensive HC but do they risk overlooking and phasing out
a more qualified HC instead of hiring just for the sake of offense and the QB?

- CJ Strout has defensive minded HC DeMarco Ryan.. is that a mismatch ?

- Baltimore Ravens have an ex-Special teams coach as their long time HC, is that a mismatch ?

- Raiders fired HC Josh Daniels was supposedly an offensive genius and QB oriented coach
but yet did that work out ?

- Pete Carroll is a defensive minded HC (who we'll face Thursday, BTW) with a SB resume and a renewed
QB in supposed 1st rd bust Gino Smith.

- Detroit seems to be headed in right direction under ex-TE coach Dan Campbell.

- Dan Quinn as a defensive minded HC, brought the Falcons to their first ever SB vs Pats
It’s specifically about developing a young QBs, of course any HC style can win in the NFL. and to that point every rule has exceptions, but to expect a QB to come out of the draft week 1 the way Stroud did is a bit unrealistic, why he’s getting so much praise. For the normal guys like Hurts/Lawrence/Burrow who aren’t amazing day 1, you’ll want that guru bringing him along. Again, not impossible without a QB guru head coach, but man does it help.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If a coach had no pride in his work and was just looking for some easy money for retirement, Carolina is the place.

Tepper is paying Matt Rhule $36 million over four years not to coach for him.

And he’s now paying Frank Reich $27 million for the next three seasons not to coach for him.

Not bad non-work if you can get it.
Can you imagine what this is doing to B Young's confidence? Know he's probably responsible for three coaches getting fired. I'm saying it's his fault at all but the bottom line is the kid in Houston is making him look totally unready for the big league.

shabazz

Reaction score
Fired after 2/3 of a season because he's got a 5'3 quarterback .

Remember when ESPN went on a personal crusade because Tyrone Willinham was fired after 3 seasons at Notre Dame?............yeah, we won't be hearing one voice on that network question the firing of an NFL head coach midway through his First season.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
The Panthers should be done for a long time but that NFC South division is so bad and also with no positive outlook for any team that Carolina may be back in just a few years. Even with their owner trying to be a young Jerry

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can you imagine what this is doing to B Young's confidence? Know he's probably responsible for three coaches getting fired. I'm saying it's his fault at all but the bottom line is the kid in Houston is making him look totally unready for the big league.
The comparison definitely has to be rough so far.

ghst187

Reaction score
Direct result of bad drafting…specifically taking Young over Stroud

Pentagruel

Reaction score
Frank was a bad hire from the jump. Obviously Carolina is a dysfunctional franchise but Frank had a pretty good situation in Indy and ultimately screwed that up too. He almost immediately got snapped up by Carolina despite Wilks having a strong interim showing. Frank really did not have the resume to be an instant hire like that. He would have been better served taking his time choosing a new spot because now I think his NFL head coaching career is over.

As for the QB controversy there, I think you can blame Frank to some degree regardless of what the truth is. Some things I’ve read say Frank wanted Stroud, some say he wanted Young. If he wanted Stroud then this should have been an integral part of the communication and negotiations with Tepper before he took the job. If Tepper blindsided him by taking Young anyways against his wishes he should have caused a stink. I can guarantee you that would have been less damaging to his career than the debacle that has unfolded. I’m curious to see who next chooses to enter that snake pit though. I’m under no illusions, great coaches will still go there, for a variety of reasons, but it’s gonna take a hell of a job to get that franchise back on track.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Two straight teams have hired him hoping he was the brains behind Doug Pederson. Jacksonville can answer that query.
He was the O coordinator the year the Eagles won a Super Bowl with Nick Foles. That year I believe Carson Wentz had his best season before he got hurt. I don't know about head coach, but he shouldn't have problems getting a coordinator job.

MS17

Reaction score
Tepper is a joke and is exactly what half this board wants Jerry to be lol
a Charlotte TV station today said Tepper is actually the NFL's second richest team owner. ($32 B ??). The same report says 95% of local fans claim "Tepper (owner) is the biggest problem for the team" with most claiming that he "meddles with the team too much".

Those poor fans..... : )

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
He will find a job quick.

Maybe end up in Jax as OC next year....or Philly if their OC gets poached or fired

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I usually like RGIII’s takes, but this one is awful.

In no world whatsoever is Saban going to leave Bama for Carolina. Heck….Saban even already showed that he isn’t an NFL coach anyways when he was with the Dolphins.

And Bienemy is not very good without the NFL’s greatest QB (Mahomes).

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
I am hearing Reich wanted to trade for Young, so I suppose if this is the case he was a sitting duck. Lina will forefit the #1 overall pick to Da Bears, and it will be a very interesting off season seeing what they do with that pick. In all fairness, Bryce has zero to work with...
I read where Tepper wanted Young so which is it?

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So they get rid of probably the most dangerous weapon in football in CMC, then they draft the elf from Bad Santa as QB and give him Adam Thielen, that's it. Then they blame the HC for not making apple pie out of horse apples.

GINeric

Reaction score
It's amazing how a weak coach like Reich could get fired from one team for being trash.... get hired by another team less than 6 months later and then get fired by THAT team in less than a year.... and the sad part about it, he'll get another opportunity for reasons that has zero to do with his football coaching experience.

But very good coordinators like Bienemy and a host of others fail to get legit opportunities. That good ol' boy network is still alive and kicking.