Free Agency Rumors Thread

Mrdude108

Corleone
Reaction score
Apparently he wants to play for the Broncos but I'd sure take him on a cheap, short term deal for sure.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
Talks between him and the Broncos stalled over money...prior to them now being interested in DWare

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
4m or less for a year wouldn't be the worst

says he will walk away if no one hits his number

Hoofbite

Reaction score
That's friggin' ridiculous money for him. Not blaming him as I would do the same thing for that kind of scratch, but Elway must be going heavy on the Coors.

1 year and $7M less than Carr/Finnegan.

Cap goes up, so do contracts.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
This. Only way I want melton is on a prove it deal. I hope the guarantees aren't to high.

Much rather draft our future 3 tech

I really do not think the two ideas are mutually exclusive. However, having Melton gives us much more flexibility in the draft. It opens up more possibilities for trades in the first while still giving us a real shot as some very good DTs in the second round.If we could snag Sutton/Jernigan in the second and Easly in the third and put them with Melton and Crawford, that line has the potential to be violently disruptive. I know it is a lot of ifs, but ifs are all we have right now. Signing Melton doesn't necessarily change anything on our draft board. We are THAT thin on the defensive line.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not sure why he would want to go from Minn to Dallas, neither are going to get a title before his career is done(if that is his intentions rather than money).

lostar2009

Reaction score
Wanted him to sign here, good player. He's going to have a lot of the same problems Ware had. Teams can double team and gameplan you because you don't have talented players next to you.

Add in the fact our dline has 0 rotation. We might hit the dline strong in this draft.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Too old, NEXT! Marinelli took guys from Home Depot and made them productive last year. Not great, but productive. No need to spend the money on old guys.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd add him, if Marinelli wanted him, and the price is right.

Mrdude108

Corleone
Reaction score
George Strait will be in AT&T Stadium on June 7th. Does that count?

And I'll be there!

If the plan is Melton AND Hatcher, that'd be fantastic but how would they afford that without restructures? If somehow we got both, would Hatch go to the 1 since Melton is a prototype 3 or would he stay? That would be some nice rush up the middle.