Free Agency Rumors Thread

ferrispata

Reaction score
Stop gap for what?
Are we odds on favorites to reach the Super Bowl?
Stop gap is what the Cowboys half been doing for 10 years now.
I am sick of it.
Time to implode the D and build it. And by that time, Romo/Witten will be older and more fragile and it will be time to implode and rebuild the O around Dez.

A stop gap in the sense that you can give him a short inexpensive contract while you build the dline with the draft.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Jacksonville loves recycling the Seattle players. We probably are behind in line, even if interested.

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
making room for Hatch or Allen, he can come cheap and ia a more traditional 4-3 D-end, he is old but can work as a situational pass rusher then again his going too Seattle from the east coast, Jags

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He doesn't want to come here and be buried on the depth chart behind George Selvie.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Not impressed with him either. He was another one of the draft picks that got Ted Sundquist fired.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Didn't you know that putting on a Cowboy jersey instantly makes him a better player?

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I'm kind of souring on him as well. Guy has horrible measurables.

Would rather roll the dice on a guy like Lawrence Sidbury who might have been mis-used and buried on depth charts than Ayers.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. He's a ham and egger. The thought of signing him early on in FA and the numbers that would probably come with it doesn't appeal to me.

But it may not matter with Rod Marinelli. Just get him a warm body.

dbonham

Reaction score
Stop gap for what?
Are we odds on favorites to reach the Super Bowl?
Stop gap is what the Cowboys half been doing for 10 years now.
I am sick of it.
Time to implode the D and build it. And by that time, Romo/Witten will be older and more fragile and it will be time to implode and rebuild the O around Dez.

We are not the Seahawks, so we don't sign any modest veteran free agents at positions of need in order to not lock ourselves into reaching in the draft to fill an empty depth chart. We don't have a weak side DE on the roster, hope no one uses that against us on draft day!

Mrdude108

Corleone
Reaction score
@RapSheet: Free agent defensive tackle Henry Melton will be in Minnesota tomorrow, per source. #Cowboys have in interest, but will they have a chance?