From the Iggs newspaper today. They think we are running Zeke into the ground and they love it

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's not afraid of letting his receivers make a play, but for the most part he does a good job with ball security. I'm ok with that.
Wouldn't you feel better around Eagles fans, though? I never understood the need to go to another team's fan board and try to convince them that your team is the ****. Go to your team's message board and convince mutual fans that they're the ****.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Wouldn't you feel better around Eagles fans, though? I never understood the need to go to another team's fan board and try to convince them that your team is the ****. Go to your team's message board and convince mutual fans that they're the ****.
Eh, it's the Eagles. They don't win championships so they have to crow about a 4-1 start. It's all they've got.

mcmvp

Reaction score

Some feel the way you do, some don't. There are plenty of Cowboys fans on other boards as well.

Some people just like to talk football with everyone. I would also say that visiting other boards and hearing what the other side has to say goes a long way towards helping one become more objective as a fan. Unless of course one only visits other boards for the sole purpose of insulting the other team...true trolling in other words. That is not my goal.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have to disagree here. It wasn't just about the drops. Anyone that watches football knows their WR corps was among the very worst in the NFL last year. Hence the drastic change over at the position in the offseason.

I'm ok with youndisagreeing in this one.

The fact that they changed some WRs this year doesn't mean Wentz was playing well down the stretch last season. The numbers don't lie, the productivity did dip when the skill personnel remained constant, and the stories about the accumulated soreness from the poor mechanics weren't made up from thin air.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
He's not afraid of letting his receivers make a play, but for the most part he does a good job with ball security. I'm ok with that.
Leads the league in fumbles since entering, bottom five in interceptable pass %.

Good job with ball security.

Pick one

Sydla

Reaction score
Leads the league in fumbles since entering, bottom five in interceptable pass %.

Good job with ball security.

Pick one

Is that really a stat? Because if it is, that's beyond fascinating that someone actually tracks that.

Note, I am not saying you are wrong. Just that I never knew that stat even existed and was tracked.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I really think they're going to backslide. I'm just hoping it's an actual implosion, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Based on what? A feeling? They have had a relatively easy schedule thus far. That is the only thing I could see. I would expect their young QB to get better and more accustomed to his new receivers as he goes forward. And that run game appears to be improving.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some feel the way you do, some don't. There are plenty of Cowboys fans on other boards as well.

Some people just like to talk football with everyone. I would also say that visiting other boards and hearing what the other side has to say goes a long way towards helping one become more objective as a fan. Unless of course one only visits other boards for the sole purpose of insulting the other team...true trolling in other words. That is not my goal.

Hey, you're not hiding your fanhood, and you're being perfectly respectful. I love having fans of other teams about. Even if you have terrible taste in sports teams.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Well most eagles fans have very little knowledge of what goes on outside of their little green world....explains why their fanbase is always at the bottom when fanbases are rated.

Sydla

Reaction score
PFF stat I assume? I'll take Subjective Stats for $200, Alex.

It's no secret that Wentz throws some really bizarre passes and thus far, has gotten pretty lucky in the turnover department. Shoot, he had three interceptions in the first Skins game that were just drops by the defense, for example. You had the bizarre catch that should have been an interception in the Chiefs game.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Based on what? A feeling? They have had a relatively easy schedule thus far. That is the only thing I could see. I would expect their young QB to get better and more accustomed to his new receivers as he goes forward. And that run game appears to be improving.

Mostly based on stuff already said up above. Wentz throws a lot of interceptable balls and his third down success rate right now is outlier-good. I don't think it continues.

I also think that secondary is vulnerable and teams will eventually find ways to expose it.

They do have a beneficial schedule relative to the rest of the East, and they are playing really well right now winning the close games.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke is taylor made for heavy work loads. If your not "running him into the ground" then he is of no use to this team .

Use him up. I don't understand the thinking around 'saving' players at all. The whole pointing of having them and paying them is to use them.

You're not guaranteed a second contract from anybody.

mcmvp

Reaction score
It's no secret that Wentz throws some really bizarre passes and thus far, has gotten pretty lucky in the turnover department. Shoot, he had three interceptions in the first Skins game that were just drops by the defense, for example. You had the bizarre catch that should have been an interception in the Chiefs game.

True, but dropped INTs are not a phenomenon that happens only to Wentz.

My point with that stat is it truly is impossible to judge accurately. I'd say that if he ranked the best in the league. The person tracking the stat has no clue what the design of the play is, where a receiver is supposed to be, what options are available, etc. I enjoy some of the PFF stuff and they do create interesting talking points, but I take some of their stats with huge cases of salt.

Sydla

Reaction score
Use him up. I don't understand the thinking around 'saving' players at all. The whole pointing of having them and paying them is to use them.

You're not guaranteed a second contract from anybody.

If the Cowboys really buy into this whole notion that RBs do eventually get used up and overworked (like they said with Murray), there's a decent chance Elliott isn't here beyond his original 5 year rookie deal anyway. So use him up now.

Sydla

Reaction score
True, but dropped INTs are not a phenomenon that happens only to Wentz.

My point with that stat is it truly is impossible to judge accurately. I'd say that if he ranked the best in the league. The person tracking the stat has no clue what the design of the play is, where a receiver is supposed to be, what options are available, etc. I enjoy some of the PFF stuff and they do create interesting talking points, but I take some of their stats with huge cases of salt.

As someone who sees a lot of Eagles games as well as other games, he seems to have a higher than normal amount of drops of interceptions.

Further on Bleeding Green Nation weeks ago, there was a long debate on his fumbling in one of the subthreads and the stats indicated that Wentz also has essentially been lucky on fumble recoveries as the Eagles tend to recover a higher percentage of his fumbles than you typically see.